+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Global Warming

Community Dude Asteroids Champion dude101 may be famous one day dude101 may be famous one day dude101's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Global Warming

hmm after looking at that picture and how much of the ice has melted already... and how many people say that the sea will rise if this continues, but umm how much have the sea levels have raised already from this melting?. does anyone know?. just out of curiosity.

as for global warming, i think it's nearly safe to say that nearly everyone believes in it. kinda hard not to. but what will happen if this continues?.. well it's anyones guess. but the one thing i know is that, there's no hope of slowing it down or reverting it, that's for sure. especially with china's increase in demand of natural resources these days, along with other things.

but hey on the bright side of all of this is that before we sea major damage and effects on our earth, most of us will be long dead by then. man i feel sorry for my children already.

so lets be like last generation, with their industrialization and ignore all of our problems and push it onto the next generation, since its something most of us are used to doing.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Candid View Post
    (The Green Picture: Arctic Ice Then, And Now | GroovyGreen.com - Start Today :: Save Tomorrow)

I was just wondering...are you scared of the threats of Global Warming, or just sick of hearing about it. Do you even believe it?

I saw this picture, and heard of this book, and of course, the movie "An Inconvenient Truth" and it's convinced me.

I'd like to hear your opinions on it, what you think is going to happen in the future, and if your doing anything about it now.
    Lets see; the ice caps melting may be due to coal residue trapped in the ice, "An Inconvenient Truth" was just found guilty of 9 major misrepresentations in British court, and since the vast majority of emissions (including coal) comes from industrial 3rd world countries (and China with a huge chunk of that) and I don't live there...

Call me a healthy skeptic who is tired of a political factions dominating the news and scaring people for their own agenda.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    Lets see; the ice caps melting may be due to coal residue trapped in the ice, "An Inconvenient Truth" was just found guilty of 9 major misrepresentations in British court, and since the vast majority of emissions (including coal) comes from industrial 3rd world countries (and China with a huge chunk of that) and I don't live there...
    This is not entirely directed at you arrianna ^_^;;

Alot of people think this (including governments) and point the finger at the third world. The third world is not aloud to do these activities, yet us in the developed world can? China may be a big polluter ( and I believe the USA is coming second, but I'll have to check). But developed countries are still driving cars like there's no tomorrow, we are just as wasteful, our society is based on the consumption of goods (many made in developing countries, hence we are supporting such activities in third worlds).

We telling them that they are bad and shouldn't do it, yet, on the other hand we are the ones causing it in the first place.

Developing countries are still doing those damaging activities. Personally, I think we should be setting an example, before pointing fingers at any one. Wether people like it or not ( and wether you believe it's happening or not), every single living person on this planet can help ( and many people probably do help) in a little way or another. Envery single person in the developed countries are helping degrade the environmental, wether they like it or not (myself include ^_^;

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by _gwenibe_ View Post
    This is not entirely directed at you arrianna ^_^;;

Alot of people think this (including governments) and point the finger at the third world. The third world is not aloud to do these activities, yet us in the developed world can?
    The difference is that the "developed world" has filters and other ways of controlling their emissions already that industrial countries don't. China emits as much coal dust as all of the entire European block and Japan combined. If you take the developed countries and further curb their emissions it will make little to no difference and cost the world economy billions to trillions. The reason is that most of the pollution doesn't come from them. The emission footprint developed countries leave is for the most part over and has been for years. Industrial countries are holding that banner now.

So either take that money and pay for industrial countries to have the same emission standards we currently have or just live with the results. Anything else is nothing more then political posturing.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

I'm not so positive that the developed countries are effectively controlling their emmission or using 'filters'. I look at my own country and they are still debateing about the use of clean coal ( or 'filters'). Plus, looking at how much we rely on cars for transport still, I really still believe that we are still contributing in one way or another. I hate to be doom and gloom, but I think we are a long way of, of wiping our hands clean of this matter.

Sure, 'industrialised' as you said, (I'll call developing from now on) are doing it aswell, but as I already stated so are we. Not only are we directly doing it still, but we are helping the developing countries create that problems as well (we still buy those products don't we?)

And I do question wether the effect from developed nations from the past is really over, considering we are still feeling the effects today, in so many different ways. The longer we keep doing it, the longer the effects will be felt - and we are still going.

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

I don' want any1 ta think I'm not for cleanin' up and protectin' our environment, but I can' help thinkin'; "Are we really the cause of the environmental ailes of the world?" I mean, think 'bout it; nature spews out more natural pollutants than we think. Volcanoes, for instance, have been around for billions of years and jus' one of them emits more CFC and greenhouse gases than the U.S. can produce alone. I don' feel that mankind is the cause of these environmental ailes, although I do feel that we r contributin' ta them. I think that it's very arrogant ta think that we r the cause of all of these ailes and that we r the answer ta them all as well. I'm not sayin' that we shouldn' do our part, jus' sayin' that some things happen in nature and that we aren' the cause of them.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Otaku Spooked_Ninja may be famous one day Spooked_Ninja's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking Re: Global Warming

To be quite honest, I'd say from a scientific point of view, that global warming is a natural occurance. For one, if Florida and Parts of Georgia could be underwater without the help of man, don't you think it can do it again without the help of man .

And Also it was proven that the climate was a lot different back then.
    Thats how people were able to adapt to the elements outdoors *cause it was warm back in the days*

But even still, i think people need to find better energy, cause i have to breath in that air, and walk down that street, i I don't wanna see plastic littler in the dirt

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

i believe in Global Warming and the catastrophe is going to fall if we didn't return things to a course to avoid a human disaster ... everyone in the world is playing a role in creating it ... but the difference is on how much are we destroying ourselves by our own hands ....
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast