View Poll Results: Is global warming a lie? (please read post before answering)

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, It Is a Lie.

3 10.34%
  • No, It is not a Lie.

21 72.41%
  • Undecided.

5 17.24%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Global Warming is just a lie!

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

Global Warming is just a lie!

For many years throughout school, the press, an environmentalists have told us that Global Warming would destroy our planet if but left unchecked. So i was sitting and thinking what if this was a lie, i mean the press is always lying to us about alot of things. Personally i think that yes we do cause the earths temperature to rise a little with pollutants, but that doesn't mean that it can have such a huge global impact. Even If Americans stop using natural resources in a huge quantity doesn't mean that it is going to fix things, in fact it would do nothing because the rest of the world would have to stop using them as well.

First Let me give you a few links to some sites before you give your opinion on the matter.
    Global Warming: A Convenient Lie
    Sun Blamed for Warming of Earth and Other Worlds | LiveScience
    Mars Melt Hints at Solar, Not Human, Cause for Warming, Scientist Says

I have give some really good references for you to look at and think about.

Personally I don't think that global warming is caused by green house gases, i think they are caused by changes in the solar system, or changes in our own sun. Radiation from the sun has increased over the years and has caused a warming throughout our solar system, and not just on our planet, but many others are showing the same effect. So why doesn't our nation realize this fact, because there is money in environmentalism, it builds new jobs, because someone has to build these green"" machines to help us gain more electricity. If someone is building them, then someone is making money, an so on and so forth. Environmentalism has became a money game, and is mostly a sham. In some cases i think environmentalism does help, such as saving animals, saving the rain forests, but it doesn't help in global warming.

So what is your opinion do you think global warming is a lie? Hopefully the things i showed you will help you question, just what have you been learning from tv, the news, and also from your very own school.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Newbie Elfia is off to a good start Elfia's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Global Warming is just a lie!

I don't think global warming is a lie. However, the world we live in is at the moment is "unnormal" the earth' is normaly pending between cold and hot.

Ever since humans started to burn oil the earths temprature has been rising (not much but it has)
    it is also proven that carbon dioxide keeps the suns heat from escaping earth atmosphere making earth's temprature rise. But i don't know if this is enuth to melt the north pole ice, but i do know that it is helping to increase the earths temprature.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

I don't really believe in global warming exactly, but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't be more conscious of our use of natural resources and how they affect our planet's environment. I guess my point is, if there is global warming, the least we could do is make sure it's not our fault.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dark. For This Useful Post:

Abu Dhabi (Jan 24, 2009)

Newbie hokage487 is off to a good start hokage487's Avatar
    Thanks

i simply believe that car emisions and factories fumes plus the CFC's from aersol cans dextroy the ozone layer, because there is no other explanantion, is it a coincedence that we our car production increase our hole in the ozone layer gets bigger? i dont think so. and it has been proven scientifically. and i agree with dark, we just have to make sure its not our fault.
    Humor, honesty, and honor is the key to live a pure and happy life

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

How can we stop the harmful rays of the sun from destroying it, that's the real question whats a few gas emissions when compaired to the cosmic emissions from our very sun?
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Global warming is very real. The earth has been warming and cooling for millions of years. It's very real that it could be heating again. The next debate is whether it's man made or not - I personally believe that it's a mixture of both.

The earth and everyone should now - has been going up and down in temps forever. How do we not know that we are coming into a natural cycle of warming, how do we not know that the amount of pollution we are creating is just helping it along a bit? and I don't mean cause it, I mean making things worse. Kind of like adding fuel to the fire.

and who knows the sun could be helping along as well. But I'll be honest and say I haven't yet come across anything in the science literature about it - not to say that it isn't there.

imo - we need to move past the bickering of who is causing what and start trying to adapt to it. While the western world it debating - we have small island states going under, more countries are feeling the extremes of weather and some countries in the future are going to feel it in their food production and the spreading of disease etc etc etc.

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Global warming is real, whether it's man-made or not.
    Besides us humans releasing toxic fumes, such as oxides of sulfur and nitrogen, along with carbon dioxide into the atmosphere, there are also natural causes.
    For example, bacterial decomposition releases H2S - "rotten egg smell" along with valcanoes exploding and releasing toxic sulfides.
    We all know what these gases do. And don't forget deforestation; because trees do help absorb some of those gases and cool down the earth.

And, it is a fact that as the sun ages, it becomes hotter and bigger as it uses more and more fuel.
    And there is no way to prevent against the heat and the harmful radiation, however, we can only be prepared if that happens.

So yes, it is real.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

well, i've been taking a geology class and the teacher is very adamant about global warming and how much it sucks b@lls...

i guess the biggest thing is the glaciers, i mean, those things have been there thousands of years, yet in the last 150 years (about the time of the industrial revolution) things really started to change. and in the past 50 years (about the time when cars really gained popularity), things have changed even more...

i mean... how do you explain this?

60 years may be a long time to people, but that's nothing in the way of how long the earth has been around (even in Biblical terms, meaning thousands), and there isn't enough evidence (at least in my opinion) to show that it's all space stuff...

and i agree with Dark., even if it's not our fault, we shouldn't make it worse!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast