View Poll Results: Is global warming a lie? (please read post before answering)

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, It Is a Lie.

3 10.34%
  • No, It is not a Lie.

21 72.41%
  • Undecided.

5 17.24%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Global Warming is just a lie!

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Global Warming is just a lie!

I agree with Abu.

Even if the earth's temperature increases by even a couple of degrees celcius/F, it still has a devastating effect on the earth's function.

Otaku Utena Tenjo is off to a good start
    Thanks

i honestly do not believe that it was caused by us, i mean seriously.our climates have changed forever beforehand, we've had two ice ages. but it doesn't mean we didn't contribute to it. however, agreeing with previous posts, we should do what we can to make it less devastating.

Otaku xxoxx is off to a good start xxoxx's Avatar
    Thanks

I donot think that Globale warming is just a lie,if you take a look around you you will see that many Countiers have a change in their climate and their land too ..and also,the level of the water which come from the melting of the Ice which cause floods in many countiers …so that's true..

Foolish beating

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by jaderabbit View Post
    For many years throughout school, the press, an environmentalists have told us that Global Warming would destroy our planet if but left unchecked. So i was sitting and thinking what if this was a lie, i mean the press is always lying to us about alot of things....
    This is one of the growing concerns of the modern technological world, is that the issues that are developing require higher and higher levels of education and intelligence just to understand what the problems are. And if you lack either, the only thing that is left is the trust in the sources of information...

As an example, you might as well claim that Electricity is a lie! (It's actually channeled MAGIC!) because how many of you can actually prove that electrons exist!!!
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku Drifting 2 Champion fiqx is off to a good start fiqx's Avatar
    Thanks

i don't think that the global is just a lie because i watched the news said that in another couple of years bangkok will sink...that's what i heared...

ayu
    Devoted Otaku ayu is off to a good start ayu's Avatar
    Thanks

I think that Global warming is not a lie. I've felt Global Warming. My classmates, teachers, everyone I know have felt it. As the temperature here in the Phil is really, really hot. It's a tropical country. But for some reason, it became a bit cold for the last months. Two weeks ago, it was really really cold. My feet were cold! Like ice cold! (Okay, I'm exaggerating, but it was still cold.) But last week, it became really hot. It seemed really unexplainable but our teacher told us that it was due to global warming.

So, for me it's not a lie.

Community Dude Asteroids Champion dude101 may be famous one day dude101 may be famous one day dude101's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by _gwenibe_ View Post

imo - we need to move past the bickering of who is causing what and start trying to adapt to it. While the western world it debating - we have small island states going under, more countries are feeling the extremes of weather and some countries in the future are going to feel it in their food production and the spreading of disease etc etc etc.
    Finally! Lets start talking about action!

Honestly, i think it's pointless to discuss the causes and effects of global warming. Right now i believe everyone is in agreement that, nothing can be done to stop this phenomenon and our understanding of the causes and implications of something on this scale is well, still well above our heads.

I think now is the time for action, to start adapting to the changes. This will mean that we're most likely have to be more conservative with our resources. As Gwenibe has said, small pacific countries are drowning so to speak. Thousands if not millions of people will need to find refuge and i doubt that any country is going to take responsibility for this, i mean nobody likes dead weights. But someone is going to have to harbour them, and that is going to put excess strain on everyone.

But right now the scary thing is, money is halting progress on every front. There is simply more money to be had in non-renewable resources, being fossil fuels, raw ores, and other commodities (well for the companies that own them).

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

Just little changes isn't going to help though, the majority of global warming is caused from solar radiation, how in the world do we stop something that is effecting every planet? That is such a insane ideal, yeah we could probably do something to help slow it down in our country, but that doesn't mean that it is going to stop, there is just too much money in dirty energy.

Say lets all stop using oil, OK now what about all the people make their living from selling you oil. What about them, are we to let them starve, to let those countries just die off. Oh, they can just all become farmers or something huh, in the desert...

I admit that oil is adding a little to destroy our atmosphere, but when the majority of it being destroyed is coming from outside of the earth, how can we stop something that is effecting the entire galaxy. We can't do anything to stop the sun from emitting radiation.
    Maybe we could design a synthetic atmosphere an experiment on the mars atmosphere, and try to thicken it, and protect the planet from harmful rays, an then see what effects and eco changes happen. Because as we speak it is also experiencing global warming... I guess our burning oil has caused its ice caps to melt too lol.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast