+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: God: Extraterrestrial or Spirit

Newbie FaithfulMenace is off to a good start FaithfulMenace's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: God: Extraterrestrial or Spirit

I'd have to agree. Though I've actually experienced the phenomenon myself. I've got video and it's the same thing, blurry dots or a light that is not distinguishable flying across the sky.

I just left my appointment with my counselor and we talked about this subject. I came to a conclusion that it is a very likely possible that the ultimate creator of all things isn't the one who created the humans we are today. There is an actual possibility that we may have been created by a high race and thus technically our creator isn't the true creator of all things.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Has it occurred to you Faithful that by definition, spirit or not, God is an extraterrestrial?

ex⋅tra⋅ter⋅res⋅tri⋅al
    –adjective
    1. outside, or originating outside, the limits of the earth.

Since the earth was created by God he definitely originated from outside the earth.

If you are going to mix science and religion lets do it logically.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Thanks

I'm not sure if human logic is actually compatible enough for this. Sorry but us as humans just don't have the logic to be able to mix the two. With these two subjects being mixed it would be more of a consideration of opening to the possibility. There will never be a true answer to the question, unless of course something happens.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

I disagree completely, in fact I mix the two all the time. In my opinion it is the only way to approach religion or science. If you want to discuss the option of God being an extraterrestrial, a scientific term, you have to approach it logically or all you are doing is UFO spotting.

By definition God is an extraterrestrial, all his interactions with the human race therefor can be considered extraterrestrial interaction, ones by a superior, more advance, knowledgeable being. Nor does that eliminate the possibility of the supernatural since all supernatural means is something we can't explain with current science. Any advanced being no matter their origin would fit that description.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    -Arthur C. Clarke

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Arrianna For This Useful Post:

Scourge (Nov 17, 2008)

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

I'm with Arrianna on this too, I mix my religious beliefs with science all the time. How can you not mix them when certain areas of religion and science are dedicated to the origins of man and the universe? Science seeks it or trys to prove existing theories, including God, and religion has already laid down its theory and evidence, to be taken for fact or not.

Also on the definition of extraterrestrial, I think FaithMenace was using the term in the context of an alien race, not its technical definition.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dark. For This Useful Post:

Scourge (Nov 17, 2008)

Thanks

but how can go about something logically unless theres actual logic and info known about both areas? because not one person on this planet actually say they know god. and not one of us has ever actually contacted or experienced an extraterrestrial being.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

You're either ignoring or forgetting the concept of prayer in religion, which is quite simply talking to God. You don't have to meet with God face to face to know God, which is a concept many people, including myself, have trouble grasping. If you have faith in your religion, that means you hold certain things spoken about in the bible as fact. Christians believe as a fact, for example, that after Christ died on the cross he was resurrected 3 days later. No metaphor involved, they take it as raw fact. People not of faith, especially today, have problems believing that because there was no scientific explanation as to how he did that. But they forget is that they're not supposed to question God, hence where the concept of faith comes. The thing that is supposed to convince you is the miracle, not the logic or science behind how the miracle happened. And that's just one part of the problem as to why people find it so hard to believe in religion nowadays.

Thanks

Wink Re: God: Extraterrestrial or Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by Dark. View Post
    You're either ignoring or forgetting the concept of prayer in religion, which is quite simply talking to God. You don't have to meet with God face to face to know God, which is a concept many people, including myself, have trouble grasping. If you have faith in your religion, that means you hold certain things spoken about in the bible as fact. Christians believe as a fact, for example, that after Christ died on the cross he was resurrected 3 days later. No metaphor involved, they take it as raw fact. People not of faith, especially today, have problems believing that because there was no scientific explanation as to how he did that. But they forget is that they're not supposed to question God, hence where the concept of faith comes. The thing that is supposed to convince you is the miracle, not the logic or science behind how the miracle happened. And that's just one part of the problem as to why people find it so hard to believe in religion nowadays.
    lol ok, though you talk about preying, tell me something. When's the last time "God" has answered any of your prayers? That's the funny part is, if God supposedly has control and control's what happens to us and on this planet, why is it no ones prayers are being answered? Including your own? I don't care about the science of things, because when it comes down to it, us as humans know nothing at all. That's simple, you all can sit there and say your religions are right, but the fact is, if your religions is so right, why is it your religions are the reason and have been the reason for so much blood shed and everything God doesn't want from us to happen happening. The way I see it is theres a huge possibility of OUR creator isn't the God, but simply a being who wants us to consider it God.

The funniest part of religion these days is the fact that people lost faith in the true God and everyone depends on Christ. Hell most refer to Christ as God. Oh and there is a strong possibility that Christ was a starchild and that Christ could have been ressurected and brung up. If you read the bible and actually pay attention and instead of just reading words, you'd realize the fact that a lot of the bible description of things in the sky all resemble the description we have today of UFO's. If you truley sit here and say that's not true then that shows the ignorance of man and yourself. If you choose to believe that we are the only beings to exist and to only exist then you are showing ignorance and undermining the true form of the True God. Honestly I want this post closed because the ignorance in religion alone is pissing me off to the point that I already have an army of men and woman who are willing to make a trip to the vatican just to kill the pope and take all the books of the bible that they are holding back from the religious retards who refuse to see truth instead of what they were TOLD is true. If you really sit there and say that you don't believe everything everyone tells you, your the same person who believes everything that the church tells you, The same people who say that they are closer to God then you because they are preaching the book. Let e ask you religious goons about something. How often do you wish God would intervene with the worlds evil and wickedness and actually see a "miracle" that stops it? Why is it impossible to overcome evil in this world. If you are truley religious, answer my questions and let me know something about God that you may think you actually know. ****ing retards don't know God, hell it hasn't even revealed itself to us in story. All we get is what God made for us and the story of what man writes down. Where is the literal text of God, where is the literal Word of God?

Don't get me wrong, I truley and whole heartedly believe in God and Christ, but I don't believe in these satanic religions you choose to say is holier then the rest.

If this upsets you oh ****ing well, deal with it. Just realize that I'm not being a satast, in fact I would love to kill a couple myself, but supposedly God condemns murder, even if it is against someone who loves satan. hmmm. religions just can't get it right huh?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast