+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: GOD Guilty or Not Guilty

Banned Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist's Avatar
    Thanks

GOD Guilty or Not Guilty

Is God Guilty or not Guilty?
    I read the old crusty testment JOB, It says God placed a bet with the devil about faith.
    God allowed the devil to torment him and blister him and give him sores and even take his family away!
    And not only that he allowed the devil to live when he had the chance to destory him.
    and also he plans to kill us all in the end becuse world goverment screaws up.
    Allowing evil to some one that have not done anything wrong just gain that person's faith is the wrong way. GUILTY.
    A god should never been gambling like placing bets GUILTY
    Allowing the devil to live is like a bad court judge letting a known killer loose.GUILTY
    a killing a lot of innocent people because some goverment officals screaw up
    is prementated murder, making himself evil as well GUILTY

I rather have my faith in christ than a foolish God..

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: GOD Guilty or Not Guilty

Grumble Grumble Grumble

There are two possible ways I could respond to this posting...

1. Now how did that quote from the Bible go??? "The Lord acts in mysterious ways..." which can also being interpreted as the acts of God are beyond the comprehension of us mere mortals, so whats the point on complaining on something that is beyond your understanding???

2. The subject is irrelevant unless you can show that God actually exists. Philosophers and Religious Scholors having been trying for centuries to logically prove the existence of God, and the only thing they have proved is that the only safe position to take is the agnostic one...

And this doens't read like a Sensory Pleasure subject thread... Moving to the Debate Forum...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

The bet God had with the Devil was to see if he could get one of his Followers, his most faithful, to denounce him and side with the devil.

God won the bet, and to reward him, Job had a more peaceful and prosperus life then he had before for his faithfulness until the end of his days. Because of this bet, the Devil is no longer allowed to directly affect man in the way he treated Job, which is why we now see the Devil as a Master of Temptation.

The fundimental corner stone of almost all religions is the freedom of choice, to pick our own paths and basicly do what we want. The only catch is we need to face the consiquences of our actions.

With the exceptions of the events depicted in the bible, God does not interfere with the everyday lives of mortals, as Len put it "He works in Mysterious Ways"

Got got a question for you: Can you really define evil?

Evil is a point of view, not an absolute. The same goes for "Good" as well.

Also, with the exception of what you said about biblical events, everything you put forward deals with the world of man, made by man, controled by man, so by your definition, Man is guilty, not God. God didn't make the Corrupt government, he made the Man who chose to rule Corruptly. God didn't let the murderer go free, God made the people who made up the justice system that let the murderer, who was judged by a jury of his peers, go free.

Anything that is made by man is not perfect, since man himself is not perfect and is prone to flaws.

Otaku katsoyori33 is off to a good start katsoyori33's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    The bet God had with the Devil was to see if he could get one of his Followers, his most faithful, to denounce him and side with the devil.

God won the bet, and to reward him, Job had a more peaceful and prosperus life then he had before for his faithfulness until the end of his days. Because of this bet, the Devil is no longer allowed to directly affect man in the way he treated Job, which is why we now see the Devil as a Master of Temptation.

The fundimental corner stone of almost all religions is the freedom of choice, to pick our own paths and basicly do what we want. The only catch is we need to face the consiquences of our actions.

With the exceptions of the events depicted in the bible, God does not interfere with the everyday lives of mortals, as Len put it "He works in Mysterious Ways"

Got got a question for you: Can you really define evil?

Evil is a point of view, not an absolute. The same goes for "Good" as well.

Also, with the exception of what you said about biblical events, everything you put forward deals with the world of man, made by man, controled by man, so by your definition, Man is guilty, not God. God didn't make the Corrupt government, he made the Man who chose to rule Corruptly. God didn't let the murderer go free, God made the people who made up the justice system that let the murderer, who was judged by a jury of his peers, go free.

Anything that is made by man is not perfect, since man himself is not perfect and is prone to flaws.
    Exactly. I agree with all of that, ace. God didnt make the corrupt government. We did. Oh and Manga artist, you said you'd rather follow Christ than God. They are father and son. And Jesus Christ acted on behalf of God.

Meow. :3

Otaku Inuruto is off to a good start Inuruto's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't read the Bible like most & am not to fond of religion, but find it most interesting... (I was once into religion & going to church, until I actually had my own free will)
    Faith is what I have, but not in God or religion... I put my faith in inanimate objects like love, air, gravity, & actions, but they say God is love, so if I had to classify my faith it is in love not God cause I really can't see someone who will watch "the destruction of the world for his own enjoyment or just to prove a point"...

If I actually believe in the Bible like that I would agree with Ace' he makes a good point about "good & evil" that is why I don't put my faith in people either, but their actions, since I would be the one to depict what is good or evil.

I guess I can say God is guilty for making man what man is & letting man become what man has become... So who is really to blame man or God..? We all had our own free will to make choices...

The heart can't lie... Truth is... I love you!!!

Banned Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist's Avatar
    Thanks

But he's still guilty as charge
    if god does wrong to people by letting them die that makes god evil.
    look at at the poor kids who are born handycap and disfigured, god makes mistakes when he cr creates his childen he make mistakes .
    thank heavens for our doctors to correct his mistakes

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Manga artist View Post
    But he's still guilty as charge
    if god does wrong to people by letting them die that makes god evil.
    look at at the poor kids who are born handycap and disfigured, god makes mistakes when he cr creates his childen he make mistakes .
    thank heavens for our doctors to correct his mistakes
    But what is so wrong about letting people die??? (As sooner or later, everyone dies...) God's main concern (according to the Bible) is about your properties in the afterlife...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Thanks

Frankly the old testement sucks very bad,
    there is no proof of God doing anygood nothing but testing people
    another one is God telling some one to comit murder on his own son.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast