+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: GOD Guilty or Not Guilty

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Re: GOD Guilty or Not Guilty

Quote Originally Posted by Manga artist View Post
    Well Can you really trust God?
    Does he really answer your prayers?
    How would you know if he's not tricking you.
    If you are only going to continue to repeat yourself till you get the answer only you are thinking of, then I might as well close this thread.

Every time you try to question God, it gives me a perfect reason to be glad I have faith in the Holy Trinity. Yes, as humans we do start to question and continue to do so till we get the answer. But we also listen to other people and take things in. We don't just ignore them because you didn't get the answer you were looking for Manga Artist.

If you want to continue to maintain this loop you are in, then feel free, just don't continue to do so when posting unless it is relevant.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Banned Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist's Avatar
    Thanks

than he got a lot to answer for than , a lot to answer for.

Newbie Naomi Vaine is off to a good start Naomi Vaine's Avatar
    Thanks

well, God KNEW Job wasnt going to give in and he wanted to how the devil that. He knew for a fact. why? because he's an all knowing God. and he let the devil live because if there was no devil, there would be no sin. and no sin would cause everybody to believe in God which would be wrong because he wants us to CHOOSE him. not be comanded to love him. that's a true love. and in the end, he's not going to be killing anyone. nonbelievers will be here on earth while believers will be sen to heaven. after a certin amount of time, all nonbelievers will be sent to hell forever. (if you can grasp "forever") and god will recycle the earth by making it new and letting all the believers who went to heaven with him, live on the new earth. and Christ and God and th Holy Spirit are one. its... like an egg. three parts, The white, The Yolk, and The Shell. you can have a whole if your missing one. Therefore, God, Christ, and the Holy spirit are one. any questions?
    I think I've known you all along.
    I just lost your face in the crowed for a while.
    I think I've been holding my breath all my life, until you found me here tonight.
    So ask me now and I'll run away with you.

Otaku Just Pitching Champion, Mile High Club Champion, Penguin Dive Champion, Gold Strike Champion Darkened_Star may be famous one day Darkened_Star may be famous one day Darkened_Star's Avatar
    Thanks

I was raised by "christians" and had many of these same thoughts that you've stated, manga artist. Even some of the stories and the things the "churches" taught me frustrated me like it seems to be doing you.

I have a few questions for you manga artist...
    -Do you believe God and Jesus are one?
    -Do you believe in God at all.

My thoughts: These would be things to wonder
    -believing they are one: if you think they are two different beings then why does God matter if your faith is in just Jesus alone. So it really shouldn't matter if he's guilty or not because your faith and beliefs lie with Jesus not God.
    -believing there is a "God": if you're questioning so much about whether God is guilty or not, I'd asume you have your reasons. But if you no longer believe of or have faith in Him, once again why does it matter whether he's guilty or not.

BTW: You don't have to answer the questions. They are just things to consider and things I thought about.

Come dance in the rain with me, no one is watching.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Darkened_Star View Post
    -Do you believe God and Jesus are one?
    Just because one sect of christanity belives that God, Jesus and the Holy Ghost is one being (a concept that completly baffles me, concidering that the Bible specificly states in John 3:16 that "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." - King James Version), doesn't mean that all of them do.

Like I've preivously stated in posts: Everything that you've "charged" god with was done by man, not God. In a court of law, a Father (in this case, God), cannot be held accountable for the actions of their children (In this case, Man).

God gave us free will, then stepped aside and let us choose our own fate, only stepping in from time to time to give guidelines to how he wants us to act. What we do from there is up to us.

Yes, God could step in and stop all wars, killings, suffering, illness, and everything that is bad in this world, but then we wouldn't be challenged, and in the end, we wouldn't learn for our selves.

Jigoku Shoujo Dangerous Dave Part 1 : Mole Surfing Champion Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness's Avatar
    Thanks

From what I have gathered, the majority of Christians that I do talk to believe that Jesus is God. In John 1:1 (I believe) Jesus states that he is God (in reality John states that Jesus said he is God though whether he actually stated it is unknown). Just from that verse alone they believe that he is God. Which to me sounds like idoltary.

Anyways throughout history the mass killing done by the Christians were their own fault not God's. God didn't tell them "Hey kill these non-believers for me". They acted on their own free-will. What they thought was if they killed the Pagans, Muslims, what have you, then they were doing the world a favor. When in reality that isn't the case.

The stories of the OT are viewed obsolete according to most Christians. When Jesus came he brought the NT. So the laws, stories, etc are outdated and aren't even looked at by them. Which makes no sense to me.

God isn't the one we should blame for humanity's crimes.

Otaku erosennin may be famous one day erosennin may be famous one day erosennin's Avatar
    Thanks

I really have no opinion either way, but something that always struck me about the Job story was that his entire family still dies. After his trials end and everything 'gets batter' his entire family is still dead. When I first heard it way back when as a wee one in bible school it didn't sit well with me, but I couldn't really place why. Among many reasons I now realize, is that the trials treated his wife and children as objects. They were just 'things' in the context of the parable.

In any case, as Lewis Black says, if you have a question about the old testament and its interpretation, ask a Jew. It's kind of their book.

Newbie loknkey is off to a good start loknkey's Avatar
    Thanks

One reason God may be evil.....

1) According to the more prominent world religions, God is all-knowing, all-powerful, and creator of all.

2) He created everything knowing exactly what would happen.

3) There is an infinite number of ways God could have constructed the universe. Because he has unlimited power, nothing is impossible.

4)Therefore, everything that happens only happens because God wants it to happen.

5) A huge portion of humanity will suffer eternity in hell, according to the most prominent monotheistic religions.

6) Therefore God created a large portion of humanity, because he wanted them to suffer eternity in hell.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast