+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: GOD Guilty or Not Guilty

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: GOD Guilty or Not Guilty

Quote Originally Posted by loknkey View Post
    One reason God may be evil.....

6) Therefore God created a large portion of humanity, because he wanted them to suffer eternity in hell.
    Here's where I disagree with you (Since I don't belive in "Hell" as most people know it to be, for an explination on exactly what I belive my afterlife to be, go here: CLICK HERE), People choose to do wrong, they can choose to do right. EVERY thing that happens to them is a result of those choices. You have no one to blame but your self.

And pause for a second, and ask yourself two questions:

What is Good?
    And
    What is Evil?

The Answer: They are points of view, nothing more. Points of vew are made from sum total of someones experiences and beliefs, and they are mearly opinions on what they think is good or evil. They are in no way a concrete defintion of what things are.

Whats good to someone maybe evil to someone else. My views on the subject differ (And obviously so since i've repeated myself in every post I've made in this thread and no one seems to be grasping the subject that everything that has been pointed out is our own damn fault, not gods) from yours.

Its funny how no one wants to accept responsablity for their actions, even when they know its their fault. I mean, I see this every day when moderating this forum. I give out an infracton for a blatently broken rule, I even quote from the Rules/FAQ to justify my decision to give the infraction, and occationally, I'm nice enough to even give out advice on how to not get in trouble the next time, and what do I get in return? I get PMs and Emails from those people complaining, whining, and some times (rarely), I get responses that are truely untasteful.

And some people wonder why I have "Apathetic Bastard" under my username...

Newbie loknkey is off to a good start loknkey's Avatar
    Thanks

My objection is soley directed towards mainstream Christian/Muslim theology. If your view differs from theirs, then my argument was not intended for you.

I hold myself fully responsible for everything I do within the limits of my capabilities. However, despite my decisions, God knew what I would choose, and he created me anyways.

As to good and evil, I have no reason to think that they are anything more than human inventions. But even so, we can say that God may be evil according to our created standards.
    Last edited by loknkey; Jul 23, 2008 at 01:44 AM.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

All Knowing (Omniscient) doesn't mean that God knows exactly what you're going to do. It means that God knows the out come of every choice, every consiquence ect ect ect.

When you make a choice, you can go in any number of directions, all of which god knows about. Which path you take is up to you.

So again: You have no one to blame but yourself.

Thanks
    He's either all-knowing or he's not. You can't be all knowing and not know something. It's a contradiction. Hence, God knows exactly what I'm going to do.

--MOD EDIT MERGED DOUBLE POST--

I will accept whatever I deserve happily, and I'd have it no other way. I only ask that God be held to the same standards as he holds to us. After all, he created me with some empathy. Empathy is a good thing right? We are supposed to love one another, even love our enemies. What kind a love would it be, if they burn for eternity, while we silently watch from heaven? It is out of this love, commanded by God, that I blame him for his creation.
    Last edited by aceman67; Jul 23, 2008 at 02:17 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by loknkey View Post
    He's either all-knowing or he's not. You can't be all knowing and not know something. It's a contradiction. Hence, God knows exactly what I'm going to do.
    So what you're saying is that there's no Free will (Freedom of choice)?

You're saying that the very corner stone of almost every single religion on the planet, including my own, and yours as well, is all an illusion?

You're treading into very deep "My personal beliefs are a sham" territory. You might want to re think your position a little bit.

The way I view god is a Loving Father, not some vengeful uncaring person. He created the world and everything that has ever been in or ever will be on it.

Before we came to earth, we knew everything he did. We knew exactly what our lives would be like as a result of all the choices (And all the results both sides of those choices) that we would ever make in our lives. We then made the choice to come to earth knowing full well what was coming our way, and we did it knowing that we wouldn't have the knowledge we had before we went.

If God's a loving father, and he wants us to return to him, why would he put us in a position where that would be impossible?

Enter Free Will, or the freedom to choose.

We forge our own destiny. We choose our paths.

Thanks

If I truly have freedom, then I choose to go to heaven. If God is a loving father, then he should do what any loving father would do, and protect his children from harm. As to free will, I'm not sure how free it could be. If I had a mental illness, could I force my mind to be healthy? If I was drunk, could I force myself to be sober? Can I force myself to believe that my head is a pumkin? No. So apparently my mind isn't that free after all.

Newbie Alina sedai is off to a good start Alina sedai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Manga artist View Post
    But he's still guilty as charge
    if god does wrong to people by letting them die that makes god evil.
    look at at the poor kids who are born handicap and disfigured, god makes mistakes when he cr creates his children he make mistakes .
    thank heavens for our doctors to correct his mistakes
    I'm sorry i saw this and i had to respond to this person:
    Children that are born Handicap or Disabled in anyway are born this way as a test. We believe (i am Jewish) that this world is not the end all be all. Olom Haba is "where its at" for lack of a better term. The World to Come. The Next World. For every good thing you do here you will be rewarded. People who did great things in this world, and yet lived poor lives where ultimately rewarded in the world to come where it matters.
    To quote a favorite author of mine:
    "this world is a dream from which we all must wake" (Robert Jordan)

G-d is not Evil. Unless you are satinistic (spelling?) and you believe in the devil as your god. But the God of the Major world religions is not. People have free will as has been stated before this.
    If you claim that there is no free will then you are basically saying that you have no control over your actions. The all mighty "well, i didn't murder him! god made me do it!" Its a pathetic argument i am sorry.
    If you choose to go left at a turn, and then you get to another turn and stop, G-d knows what will happen if you go right or left. He knows if you go left then hey your gonna die in a fiery car accident, but if you go right you will get home safe.
    When i was a child i used to think "I'm gonna fake G-d Out I'm gonna run left and then quick turn right." Childhood fantasy. Almost every major religion i know of (correct me if i am wrong please) says that there is free will. you take that free will away...what do you have?
    My Baby

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Alina sedai For This Useful Post:

!aceman67 (Jul 24, 2008)

Thanks

If God is not evil, please tell me why you think so. If there is free will, again, please share your reasons and evidence.

I'm not trying to dodge responsibility for my actions. As I said before, I'm only asking to hold God to the same standard. This is not to challenge God himself, but rather challenge the customary idea of God, and see how it holds.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast