+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: GOD Guilty or Not Guilty

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: GOD Guilty or Not Guilty

Quote Originally Posted by loknkey View Post
    If God is not evil, please tell me why you think so. If there is free will, again, please share your reasons and evidence.

I'm not trying to dodge responsibility for my actions. As I said before, I'm only asking to hold God to the same standard. This is not to challenge God himself, but rather challenge the customary idea of God, and see how it holds.
    There are some things that simply cannot be proven with fact, but must be accepted on faith alone. Both me and Alina grew up in religious families, and I myself have spent many hours sudying religion in semenary classes. The things I've seen in my life, the kindness in people, the beauty of the world around me, the way a flower looks when it blooms for the first time, and warm feeling in my heart when I held my baby neice for the first time as she smiled and coo'd back at me, and I find myself not being able to accept god as anything but a loving father, not the thing that this thread is depicting him to be.

Are there things in this world that are bad? Yes, I cannot deny that. But the shear ammount of things that are good in this world far out number the bad, and should stand testiment contrary to the subject of this thread.

Also, lets take a look back in history. Adam and Eve supposidly lived around 5000 BCE (before current era), thats a long time for the beleif in a god to be around. Thats SEVEN milenia. Seven Thousand Years. Don't you think that something that has stood the test of time, while other belief systems like the egyptions, romans, greeks, bablyonians and many other systems have long since died out and only exist to us in history texts.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to aceman67 For This Useful Post:

Alina sedai (Jul 24, 2008)

Newbie loknkey is off to a good start loknkey's Avatar
    Thanks

I see this beauty too. But I hesitate to accept things on faith alone, even nice ideas. You spoke earlier of responsibility. We should be responsible in forming our beliefs. Rather than resting on optimism, we should bravely accept the evidence, despite what it infers.

I'm not sure if good outnumbers bad, or if bad outnumbers good. Yet everything that is good, will be taken away, and death lasts forever. Hell lasts forever. The few that worship the right idea, will be given a cold victory.

As to the age of religions, Hinduism is the oldest surviving world religion. So if you believe that the truest religion must be the oldest one, then you must go with Hinduism.

This isn't meant to be morbid or depressing. This is merely a problem with the theology of Christianity, Islam, and Judaism. If you don't believe in the theology, then it is not depressing at all.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't belive in hell, least not the way most christian religions do. Hell for me can only be attained one way: Having a testimony of the existance of the Holy Ghost, then out righty denying it. And having actually felt the presence of the Holy Ghost, I know that to denounce it would be impossible, least for me.

To explain what the Holy Ghost is, he is our conscience. He helps us decide what is right or wrong. To put it plainly, I ask you this: Have you ever had to make a choice, and when you made it, you felt warm to the very core of your being and you knew beyond any shadow of a doubt that that choice was right?

That is the Holy Ghost.

To discribe hell for me would be this: If God is the bright center of the Universe, then hell is the farthest thing from it, where one would be in eternal darkness for all time till you simply cease to be.

Everyone will go to Heaven, even the lowest form of scum that has ever walked the face of the earth, you want to know why? Be cause Jesus Christ took upon himself all the sins of the world, all of them for everybody that has ever lived or will ever live, then he suffered for them in the Garden of Gethsemane, suffered so much that even Jesus, the son of God, asked why God had forsaken him, and then he died for the sins of the world on the Cross at Calvery.

Now with that said, I bet you that John 3:16 will have a whole new meaning for you.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    – John 3:16 (KJV)
    Now, lets anilyze that passage for a moment.

Ok, God loves the world. He gave his only begotten to die for the sins of man kind. "GAVE", meaning not ordered. Jesus had to make the choice to do what he did, enter free will (Again). If you belive in him, you will not perish. Now, this death that is mentioned is not a physical death, but a spiritual death, and by spiritual death, hell, eternal damnation ect ect. "But have everlasting life." Meaning Your spirit will exist for eternity in heaven.

That is what I belive.
    Last edited by aceman67; Jul 24, 2008 at 01:08 AM.

Thanks

Not a bad set of beliefs. However, you must realize that your views aren't exactly in accordance to standard Christian doctrine. I'm also a little confused. If Jesus died for all sins, (thankyou very much) then why is it necessary to believe in him? Why is it that only Christians go to heaven, if Jesus died for the sins of all? And why does the Bible say that only a few will enter heaven? Not only this, but it also says that God chose these few before the creation of the world! That we do not choose God, but that God has chosen us! I've got more questions than you would probally care to answer.
    To explain what the Holy Ghost is, he is our conscience. He helps us decide what is right or wrong. To put it plainly, I ask you this: Have you ever had to make a choice, and when you made it, you felt warm to the very core of your being and you knew beyond any shadow of a doubt that that choice was right?
    The problem is that my conscience won't let me believe in God. The concept of hell is too apalling.

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by loknkey View Post
    The problem is that my conscience won't let me believe in God. The concept of hell is too apalling.
    So is the thought of the Hallocost was apalling as well but that happened and that was caused by us Humans, so the consept of if there is a Hell, really is not to hard to fathem.
    Last edited by Scourge; Jul 24, 2008 at 09:18 AM.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Teddy Bear =^_^= Bean Hunter Champion Frozen Rose may be famous one day Frozen Rose's Avatar
    Thanks

GOD can never be Guilty .... that is why his name is GOD ...

my religion is Islam ... when good wanted to create human he told the angels and devils to pray for human but the Devil said no way i can pray for human you create them from clay and you create me from fire .... God got angry at the devil so he banishment the devil to earth and when God banishment him he said to God i will make the all humans bad and there will be a lot of blood and hate and bad things ....

if we asked our selfs why there is the Day of Resurrection ... what will happen to us in that day ... God see if we did bad things that mean we follow the devil or we have faith in God .. that is why we go to Hell or to Haven .... =^_^=
    http://www.animeonline.net/avatars/frozen-rose-62446.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1230225100
    My Dreams Become Like The Rainbow
    Love Like the Wind You Can't See It But You Can Feel It

Newbie Alina sedai is off to a good start Alina sedai's Avatar
    Thanks

The Jewish belief of Hell is different from most others. We believe that you make your own Hell. What could be one mans heaven could be, in fact, another persons hell. Say for example you hate loud parties. Hell for you would be a place with constant noise. We also believe that it takes a lot to go to hell forever. The max is around 40 days but 40 days can seem a lot in hell.

And yes its All about Faith. Not everything can be seen. Faith is what makes a religion. Although some Cults focus on "miracles" if miracles were in every day life, they wouldn't be special would they?
    My Baby

Thanks

Besides Alina, are any of you bothered by the fact that everyone who doesn't share your religion will suffer for eternity in hell? Do you have any compassion for these people at all?

Alina, I'd love to learn more about your faith. I always talk to christians and muslims, but never a jew.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast