+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Gospel of Judas

Otaku Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk's Avatar
    I live in South Africa and i was born in Pretoria.
    Thanks

Re: The Gospel of Judas

Lo Ao
    I am sure that it must be very interesting and all when i have seen the documentary i will make my 2c contrabution.
    According to what i know about Judas is that he wasn't ordered to do it but God knew that he would and that is why the say God knows what is in our hearts and therefore we cannot deceive him.So what i am saying is God knew he would sellout Jesus and God let him because it was part of the master plan.
    So i will comment later again.

Otaku sachiko ueto may be famous one day sachiko ueto may be famous one day sachiko ueto's Avatar
    Thanks

the Gospels describe Judas as someone who is very greedy, especially in terms of money... so he accepted the bribe of the high priests... that's very human, i suppose... there's no doubt about that...

God knew it even before it happened... and yes, i believe it was all part of the master plan - redemption & salvation... if not for Judas' betrayal, most likely, God's plan will never have been done....

They say you can't use oversized signatures here on AO.

AO's Demon Slayer Hexxagon Champion, Match Stick Soccer Champion Blade X may be famous one day Blade X may be famous one day Blade X's Avatar
    Thanks

Sure I mean this info is open to intereptation. I mean It could mean a completely different thing. But for Jesus to do tht I suppose tht would fall under the Da Vindic Code. I mean to do tht and preach everything tht he has done is something of an achievement to get everyone to believe him and his teachings. I personally would say anything till I meet the Big Guy up there above the clouds.

Thanks for the siggy Ky-lyrra

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Anyone can write anything at anytime.
    It doesn't mean it's true.

Anyone can interpret anything at anytime.
    It doesn't mean it's true.

^_^ However, my opinion remains silent for the moment being.

Devoted Otaku Quick Words Champion, Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Mah Jongg Garden Champion, Haunted House Champion Cheza may be famous one day Cheza may be famous one day Cheza's Avatar
    Thanks

my mom was telling me about that yesterday...I think he did...
    If they really had a desire to live, they would've been more aware of how easy it is to die.

??*Everyone Here Hates Me??* Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa's Avatar
    Thanks

Everyone believes that judas was a traitor to jesus when I believe that jesus gave his men an order "one of you will deny me 3 times"
    I believe he gave an order and judas took the bullet in a manner of speaking
    if it wasnt him then it most likely would have been one of the other apostles
    and that is the reason the gospel of judas stops on that night is because even I wouldnt go on writing about a man I betrayed

I mean really think about it people just because it was re-written years later doesnt mean it was'nt true alot of the books people read are not the originals cause originals get lost ot destroyed over time and keeping the original of something is very hard back in those times

Devoted Otaku Quick Words Champion, Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Mah Jongg Garden Champion, Haunted House Champion Cheza may be famous one day Cheza may be famous one day Cheza's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zackraa
    Everyone believes that judas was a traitor to jesus when I believe that jesus gave his men an order "one of you will deny me 3 times"
    I believe he gave an order and judas took the bullet in a manner of speaking
    if it wasnt him then it most likely would have been one of the other apostles
    and that is the reason the gospel of judas stops on that night is because even I wouldnt go on writing about a man I betrayed

I mean really think about it people just because it was re-written years later doesnt mean it was'nt true alot of the books people read are not the originals cause originals get lost ot destroyed over time and keeping the original of something is very hard back in those times

yea i agree wit u...I think it sucks it jesus made Judas betray him because will never know the truth even if it is.
    If they really had a desire to live, they would've been more aware of how easy it is to die.

Newbie michiru726 may be famous one day michiru726 may be famous one day michiru726's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zackraa
    yup... quite possible... but i still believe in man's imperfection. i mean, yes, because of today's translations we are able to understand the Bible, thanks a whole bunch to that. But translating codices which are written in a language no ordinary man could be able to decipher means a tremendous work. And part of the translating protocol would mean translating a phrase to a phrase which has the "exact, or the closest" meaning possible to be able to comprehend the whole thought of such phrase. I think it's a very delicate thing, because one wrong translation and it can ruin its whole content.

all in all, i agree with bassdudez, that it doesn't matter if Jesus actually ordered Judas for that task, because all will end up just the way it was planned anyway. That Jesus will die and save the people by making them realize what they have done. And it's Judas who'd carry the whole thing out; whether he was assigned or his betrayal would conduct the whole plan.

all that bothers me actually is that, if what the Gospel of Judas says were true, then all these years, we have regarded Judas as a traitor who condemned the Savior; when all the while, we should've taken into credit his hard-done task; that he didn't actually willed to condemn Jesus. And taking on with this view, since Judas accepted that task, he may have considered that he would be regarded as "the traitor" for millenia; which is obviously a thing which is hard to accept, and which may be given a decent recognition.

but basically, that's just my two cents for now... i'm not closing the possibilities, just opening some. heck, i could be wrong for all i know. But there are infinite possibilities, so why not?...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast