+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Government and Politics

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Government and Politics

What is your political stance?
    If you are lacking one... why?

What is your opinion of American Government as it currently stands?
    If you were president of the United States, what would you work toward changing?

Optional questions:

Which presidential candidate do you favor?
    Is there a person who is no longer in the race, or who never ran, that you think would've been good for the job?
    Which political figure do you like least?
    ... Not Ever Again...

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Government and Politics

What is your political stance? We need less government and a return to the original laws and structure of our government since everything broken can be directly linked to a breakdown in the system in some way from tort laws to separation of power of the different branches to professional politicians.

What is your opinion of American Government as it currently stands? It's broken.

If you were president of the United States, what would you work toward changing? The president can't change anything except foreign policy, the rest is up to the legislature to accomplish or fail at. If I wanted to make a change I would run for Senate instead.

So why do you ask?

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

So why do you ask?
    Really, just to inspire thought. Also, I am curious of others opinions. I personally, am not huge on politics. And I am in search of a reason to be a participating member of this democracy. As a member of the "people" I feel un-impactful.... So I am hoping to find some folks who have a more passionate political view than myself. Perhaps someone can breathe some life into my hopeless view of my country and its future. I really do wish I could get more excited about politics.

Would you mind ellaborating more about these "breakdowns", and "broken" state of government we're in?

We need less government and a return to the original laws and structure of our government
    Can you give examples of original law and structure that we've strayed from?
    ... Not Ever Again...

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peach_follows View Post
    What is your political stance?
    If you are lacking one... why?

What is your opinion of American Government as it currently stands?
    If you were president of the United States, what would you work toward changing?

Optional questions:

Which presidential candidate do you favor?
    Is there a person who is no longer in the race, or who never ran, that you think would've been good for the job?
    Which political figure do you like least?
    My political stance is apathetic. In all elections i feel that either candidate will do both something very negative and something very positive, so there is really no big changes heading our way anyway.

I personally do not mind our government as a whole. It is simply some of the ideas that they decide to approve i find aggravating.

I don;t know what i would change if i were president, because i know i lack the leadership skills for such a grand scale.

I favor Obama for the sole purpose of him being a democrat. I'm tired of republicans running this country.
    Why hello there!

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peach_follows View Post
    Can you give examples of original law and structure that we've strayed from?
    I'll give you the same three I already mentioned.

Torte laws: I was going to give a huge explanation but I just ran out of time... In essence the burden of proof is often shifted to the dependent instead of the plaintiff as it is supposed to. Secondly the use of precedent law lets judges make their own laws and then use them to back up further rulings without it ever being voted on by anyone. That brings us to...

Separation of the branches: The legislative branch is the only one granted power to make laws under our constitution yet we have both executive and judicial branches making laws and then refusing to uphold the laws that already exist. On the other hand the legislative branches have shifted the blame for laws from them to the executive branches thus preventing them from being held accountable for their lousy laws. Executive branches have had their original powers eroded and have become involved in legislative work instead. Basically everyone has swapped around and no one is actually being held responsible other then the presidential sacrificial goat.

Professional Politicians: The intent was for people to be involved in politics in between holding other jobs. The changing of voting for Senators from the state legislators to popular vote gutted any accountability on the part of Senators by their home state and created an ensconced professional government class that only have to kiss up once every 6 years.

I could explain more but as I said I'm out of time. It's a start anyway.

Otaku psychical is off to a good start psychical's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDeath90 View Post
    My political stance is apathetic. In all elections i feel that either candidate will do both something very negative and something very positive, so there is really no big changes heading our way anyway.

I personally do not mind our government as a whole. It is simply some of the ideas that they decide to approve i find aggravating.

I don;t know what i would change if i were president, because i know i lack the leadership skills for such a grand scale.

I favor Obama for the sole purpose of him being a democrat. I'm tired of republicans running this country.
    I mean no offense, but apparently you're contradicting yourself. You say your political stance is "apathetic", yet you feel you must have your say regarding politics; if you must have your say, therefore you care somewhat; then that means you're not really apathetic, are you? Just a thought.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to psychical For This Useful Post:

Peach_follows (Oct 24, 2008)

Thanks

I mean no offense, but apparently you're contradicting yourself. You say your political stance is "apathetic", yet you feel you must have your say regarding politics; if you must have your say, therefore you care somewhat; then that means you're not really apathetic, are you? Just a thought.
    Funny, I argued that same point, concerning apathy once. In an entirely different thread. It is quite contradicting to say "I'm apathetic" and then post an opinion. lol ^^

I forgot to say too, that I totaly agree with this statement:

The president can't change anything except foreign policy, the rest is up to the legislature to accomplish or fail at. If I wanted to make a change I would run for Senate instead.
    The president is more able to prevent change, then he is to make it. If you were president, what changes would you keep yourself from preventing.... ?

No one has mentioned War (including Drug Wars) or Healthcare... ?

In all elections i feel that either candidate will do both something very negative and something very positive, so there is really no big changes heading our way anyway.
    Thats true, but there will always be a change... Because depending on the decisions that are made under the leadership of any particular president. The balance between possitive and negative could be very uneven.
    So while its ture to say.. there will never be a time where all the changes made are possitive. Its not fair to say there'll be no change. With each president having the potential to lead us in different directions, and various degrees of (un) balance.

I guess the point of getting excited and voting... Is tor TRY and get the candidae in the seat, who is going to make the wisest decisions.
    Last edited by Peach_follows; Oct 24, 2008 at 07:11 AM.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Thanks

Actually the point of voting for president is to choose someone that can defend and represent the country to the rest of the world and is capable of standing up to the Congress when necessary, to check their power with a veto.

Is it something to be excited about? Of course, just realize what the job description really is and choose accordingly. I would vote for Senators I would never want as President and visa verses.

In fact, getting out and voting for Senators and Congressmen may actually be even more important right now considering the economy. They're the ones who broke it and the only ones who can fix it. Check their voting record carefully and boot the ones padding the pork no matter what their party.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast