Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Government speaking about Gays

Newbie amatsubu is off to a good start amatsubu's Avatar
    In the most corrupt, and scheming boarding school ever...cause my parents hate me v.v
    Thanks

Re: Government speaking about Gays

Quote Originally Posted by Akura13 View Post
    Yes, well, I think it is quite rediculouse that they think that homosexuals will "destroy the government". I mean, seriously, they may like the same gender, but they're people also. They shouldn't be judged so hypociticly like that, and it's very moraly wrong...and I would very much like to know who said that. I can't believe that descrimination has spred to the government issues. Sad, just completely sad.
    thank you for agreeing with me, I'm glad ther are some people out there who can see things the way i do.

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Sources mean nothing if they can not be given by name, title, biblographical information.

I can SAY I'm related to all sorts of people, have read all sorts of books and have all sorts of degrees: that doesn't make me any more likely to be taken seriously.

If I NAME those people (so others can consult them), cite those books (so others can read them), or show you the degrees (to prove they indeed exist)... maybe we'll get somewhere.

There's a reason statements require citations when making an academic argument.

And if all of these things are indeed as "universal" and "widely accepted" as you claim you should be able to give me at least one reference on a website. The internet is not bereft of academic information (and amazon carries textbooks and academic journals as well).

I'm frustrated because you qualify almost all of your statements by saying, in essense, "I am right. I know I am right. I can't show you the evidence, but it's out there and I shouldn't have to. Because I am right."

That's not an argument anyone can win against.

Why bother?

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    And if all of these things are indeed as "universal" and "widely accepted" as you claim you should be able to give me at least one reference on a website. The internet is not bereft of academic information (and amazon carries textbooks and academic journals as well).
    I would like to apologize for losing my temper yesterday. It has been a long week and I have been getting frustrated easily.

Not that anyone is likely to see this but I woke this morning with the key words for a successful google search in my head. In less then 10 minutes I found these links to an actual researcher working in the subject currently.

UNL NU For Families - Home Page
    Amazon.com: Secrets Strong Family: Stinnett: Books
    Gender Identity Disorder
    Making Families Strong

The main researchers and authorities I found were Dr. Nick Stinnett:
    "As we study some of the ancient cultures such as that of Egypt, Rome and Greece," says Stinnett, "we see a common pattern: When these cultures were coming into the peak of their power and glory as nations, the family was strong. It was important and was valued very highly. Family members cooperated with one another. They depended on each other.

"Then, as these nations progressed along their paths of destiny, the family came to be not so highly valued, the culture became extremely individualistic. It was a 'do your own thing' philosophy to an excessive degree. The families deteriorated. When that happened the societies themselves fell."2
    ...and Dr. George Rekers.

I haven't read through everything in the links but you are welcome to have fun. Incidentally according to the reviews of the books and works by them it is actually almost impossible to check the references unless you have access to the accedemic papers which are not available unless you are in the business, as I said before.

A final aside a few weeks later. I found the original statement the thread was made about. It was Rep. Sally Kern and she said:
    Matter of fact, studies show no society that has totally embraced homosexuality has lasted more than, you know, a few decades. So it’s the death knell for this country. I honestly think it’s the biggest threat even, that our nation has, even more so than terrorism or Islam, which I think is a big threat, okay.
    While she has clarified her statement since ( State Rep. Kern, Openly Gay Pastor Spar Over Homosexual Lifestyle ) it is one that I cannot necessarily agree with without more evidence myself. A few decades?
    Last edited by Arrianna; Mar 27, 2008 at 07:35 PM. Reason: found the links everyone wanted and the original quote.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku Redragon495 is off to a good start Redragon495's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think that homosexuals will destroy the country they might be creapy some of the time but I don't got a problem with them.
    I sEe YoU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

I dont think gays alone can tear apart the government, but i do believe a wide range of appectance of homosexuality would indeed do the government some harm. Right now theres not near enough american, or world wide supporters of gays to worry about it from a government issue stand point.

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

I do wonder if some of you know how ridiculously narrow-minded and offensive your posts sound...

Here's a test: replace the word "Gays" with "blacks" or "women" and see if you would still complain so openly about your irrational fear of people having sex with each other in the privacy of their own homes ~_~;

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    Here's a test: replace the word "Gays" with "blacks" or "women" and see if you would still complain so openly about your irrational fear of people having sex with each other in the privacy of their own homes ~_~;
    Can't really replace the words around considering that each one is a totally different subject on their own.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that anime_being_god was trying to say something similar to what Arrianna was saying.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silverskater145 View Post
    Can't really replace the words around considering that each one is a totally different subject on their own.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that anime_being_god was trying to say something similar to what Arrianna was saying.
    And yet she manages to express her opinions without coming off as an uniformed and repellant homophobe.

We don't need your approval... but we don't deserve your thinly-veiled contempt.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4