+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Gruesome smoking images in packets........

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: Gruesome smoking images in packets........

I think images like that could be pretty effective. Especially in the USA.
    At least more effective than putting those lame messages on the packs.

I remember how effective those advertisements against smoking were.

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree with Kastelic444. The effectiveness of shock tactics depends on the people or person it's being practiced on. Some people could care less about what smoking could do to them and start smoking anyway, or keep smoking. Some could get the bejesus scared out of them or take the messages and pictures to heart and never pick up a cigarette, or decide to quit that very day. It's just a matter of who.
    Last edited by Exoparadapsyphobia; May 13, 2006 at 02:17 PM.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

It won't work, once you are addicted you cannot stop. I know that there are some people that have quit smoking successfully, but not everyone is the same. when you don't have somebody next to you supporting you and stuff like that it is realy hard to quit smoking.

Otaku Big Money Champion hyuuga13 may be famous one day hyuuga13 may be famous one day hyuuga13's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bassdudez
    Hello again intelligent AO members.......

Another news flash here........ I just heard that in some places, they have taken the cigarette warning labels to a whole new stage.

Picture this === smoke packets with images of huge deformed faces and necks formed from the effect of long term smoking. Bulging red necks with veins sticking out, wrecked teeth blackened with tobacco, bleeding brains, cancer etc. The packets are designed to show the effects of smoking to the users, and might make them think twice the next time they reach for a smoke.

What do you think of this new strategy of theirs? They say that no significant change in the number of smokers has occurred yet, but it might just be a matter of time. However, like some others have said, the packets have little or no effect whatsoever, and will soon fade into the background......

Please share your thoughts
    i think they are going in the right direction. if you see a picture you might look like in 10,20, or 40 years. the images might affect the younger generation into not smokin when in fact they might want to be famous or well known. if i saw those images i would be like " what are you ppl doing?cant you see what you are doing to your body? you are kiiling yourself and you cannot see it because you dont want to." i think it is only a matter of time before ppl start to think reasonably about this kind of thing.
    Why is everything so ****ing hard for me? Keep me down to what you think I should be! Must you tempt me and provoke the ministry? Keep on trying I'm not dying so easily!

Newbie Dysdaimon may be famous one day Dysdaimon may be famous one day Dysdaimon's Avatar
    Thanks

Perhaps you're right, but how long have cigarettes been in business and how long have children been warned against it? Time might not be the solution to smoking, despite the fact that the images truly ARE gruesome. Perhaps, along with the addicting effects of nicotine, maybe it dulls your senses as well, so your common sense can't get through...

Sorry Dysdaimon i had to remove those images. We have some members like 10-12 here. We dont need some angry parents reporting our site.

--Kastelic4444
    Last edited by Miroku4444; May 17, 2006 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

AO shady bystander Comboling Champion bassdudez may be famous one day bassdudez may be famous one day bassdudez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dysdaimon
    Perhaps you're right, but how long have cigarettes been in business and how long have children been warned against it? Time might not be the solution to smoking, despite the fact that the images truly ARE gruesome. Perhaps, along with the addicting effects of nicotine, maybe it dulls your senses as well, so your common sense can't get through...

Sorry Dysdaimon i had to remove those images. We have some members like 10-12 here. We dont need some angry parents reporting our site.

--Kastelic4444
    I totally agree..... although I think, and I think that this is a cliche, that if it stops at least one or two people from having a smoke..... if even one innocent child is spared from its fatal effects..... then, I think that this strategy is quite worthwhile.

I honestly think that no strategy could exist that would wipe out all smokers in the world. All this is doing is trying to save as much as they can, and hopefully, to maintain the numbers at a constant value, if not reduce it.
    Kastelic's creation

Otaku TalentedDavid may be famous one day TalentedDavid may be famous one day TalentedDavid's Avatar
    Thanks

If the cig. packets were 'gruesome" then people wouldnt buy cig's.

...Impulsive...

Newbie Lestat may be famous one day Lestat may be famous one day Lestat's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TalentedDavid
    If the cig. packets were 'gruesome" then people wouldnt buy cig's.
    Ohhh..... This is interesting! Prey tell how do you know this? People smoke because they want to, plain and simple... They start for different reason's and not always because it's "cool" I smoked for 6 years at about 6 or 7 packs a week and I quit cold turkey, not because of my health but because if I got another "lecture" I was going to snap someones neck... I figured quitting was better then jail.

Now I highly doubt that gruesome images on the packs are going to make people quit or not start... They'll probably collect the packs to get all the pictures...
    "Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't
    be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our
    women and breed a hardier race!" Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast