+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Gruesome smoking images in packets........

AO shady bystander Comboling Champion bassdudez may be famous one day bassdudez may be famous one day bassdudez's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Gruesome smoking images in packets........

Quote Originally Posted by Lestat
    Ohhh..... This is interesting! Prey tell how do you know this? People smoke because they want to, plain and simple... They start for different reason's and not always because it's "cool" I smoked for 6 years at about 6 or 7 packs a week and I quit cold turkey, not because of my health but because if I got another "lecture" I was going to snap someones neck... I figured quitting was better then jail.

Now I highly doubt that gruesome images on the packs are going to make people quit or not start... They'll probably collect the packs to get all the pictures...
    Hmm, I think I can prove that wrong.......

For example, people with high visual capacities (like photographic memory) would have a high chance of not smoking after seeing the images.
    Kastelic's creation

Anti syndicate spike spiegel may be famous one day spike spiegel may be famous one day spike spiegel's Avatar
    Thanks

I guess it will be a pretty good idea for light smokers, but for heavy smokers I don't think they would care or they would just laugh and say "yeah right Ill be ok".

"I let all that kind of blood away" Thanks Viper

Otaku AniManga Hound may be famous one day AniManga Hound may be famous one day AniManga Hound's Avatar
    Thanks

People just don't get it. It's not like the smokers just don't know the effects that smoking can cause. It's not like a smoker will see the picture and be like "Whoa! I didn't know that smoking caused LUNG cancer!"

Smokers already know the effects that smoking may have on their body. They either just don't care because they'd rather have a cigarette to relax themselves throughout the day, or they're addicted to the point that normal methods of quitting just don't work.

Keep eating so many dogs and you're bound to be Communist

AO shady bystander Comboling Champion bassdudez may be famous one day bassdudez may be famous one day bassdudez's Avatar
    Thanks

::The study found that at least 44% of smokers were motivated to give up smoking, with 62% finding the packets were unsightly, leading some to hide packets from view and some to exchange a packet because they did not like the image on it.::

These statistics were from a research conducted by the Canadian Research Association. Although these obviously do not reflect the whole world, this signifies that the new smoking packets have a tremendous effect on one place at least.
    Kastelic's creation

Otaku zeroenix may be famous one day zeroenix may be famous one day zeroenix's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bassdudez
    ::The study found that at least 44% of smokers were motivated to give up smoking, with 62% finding the packets were unsightly, leading some to hide packets from view and some to exchange a packet because they did not like the image on it.::

These statistics were from a research conducted by the Canadian Research Association. Although these obviously do not reflect the whole world, this signifies that the new smoking packets have a tremendous effect on one place at least.
    Well of course they are not going to like the picture if it's gruesome. It doesn't matter if it's a person that got blown up, or shot, if they put it on the package people are going to try not to look at it. That doesn't exactly mean they will quit smoking. People know the effects. It's all about how it directly effects them. If they can relate to the situation then it works. Otherwise it's another ugly picture.

All it does is for other people to tell you "you have to quit look at this picture". If the person doesn't care enough to quit they won't no matter what.

+=My Space=+ Thanks zeroenix for the sig and avi... wait that's me. +=zeroenix.net=+

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

Some people might even get a kick out of the images they stick on smoking packets...
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

Otaku zeroenix may be famous one day zeroenix may be famous one day zeroenix's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Exoparadapsyphobia
    Some people might even get a kick out of the images they stick on smoking packets...
    True. There are a lot of people out there that get pleasure from gruesome pictures. Americans are wierd people, taken from the perspective of one of them.

+=My Space=+ Thanks zeroenix for the sig and avi... wait that's me. +=zeroenix.net=+

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Exoparadapsyphobia
    Lol, I seriously hope not.

But look at the percentages.... it said a huge 44% was motivated to give up smoking Even though they dont quit, I would say the packets did cut it pretty close
    Kastelic's creation

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast