+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Gruesome smoking images in packets........

Devoted Otaku Nympho may be famous one day Nympho may be famous one day Nympho's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Gruesome smoking images in packets........

I think at first it will startle people until it becomes part of the package. Almost like a logo. We can't be freaked out anymore by violence and natural disasters. Because were conditioned by tv shows, news and movies that it isnt unusal and to bypass it as any other thing in a typical day. So this is only a short term effective part to prevent some people from smoking.

I'm a glass child. I am Hannah's regrets. Monster.

Otaku zeroenix may be famous one day zeroenix may be famous one day zeroenix's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nympho
    I think at first it will startle people until it becomes part of the package. Almost like a logo. We can't be freaked out anymore by violence and natural disasters. Because were conditioned by tv shows, news and movies that it isnt unusal and to bypass it as any other thing in a typical day. So this is only a short term effective part to prevent some people from smoking.
    EXACTLY! I love you...

And percentages are just percentages... things like that are effected by the area they are taken in. If a certain anti smoking group wants good results they would just pick their um... pollers? and make sure they were going to give the results they want.

+=My Space=+ Thanks zeroenix for the sig and avi... wait that's me. +=zeroenix.net=+

AO shady bystander Comboling Champion bassdudez may be famous one day bassdudez may be famous one day bassdudez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nympho
    That's what the officials in the news said as well..... the packets are eventually going to "fade into the background" But I really hope they do as much as they can before that happens.... I know none of the reductions in smokers are permanent.. it will never be. But as long as they reduce it at a significant amount, then it was all worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by zeroenix
    EXACTLY! I love you...

And percentages are just percentages... things like that are effected by the area they are taken in. If a certain anti smoking group wants good results they would just pick their um... pollers? and make sure they were going to give the results they want.
    Yes, percentages are percentages. But I highly doubt that these percentages taken by such a big committee would be unreliable, they know how to do these stuff properly. And even though the percentages are only based on a certain area, it still means that the tactics are working, doesnt it??
    Kastelic's creation

Otaku zeroenix may be famous one day zeroenix may be famous one day zeroenix's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes they do know how to do polls properly. But at the same time if they feel it's in the nations best intrests to get people to stop smoking than they do what's legal and what works. Meaning by small group as in finding a community that is against smoking and is more closeminded. This way they still use a percentage and it is still very accurate. There is no forging votes or anything. It's just politics.

+=My Space=+ Thanks zeroenix for the sig and avi... wait that's me. +=zeroenix.net=+

AO shady bystander Comboling Champion bassdudez may be famous one day bassdudez may be famous one day bassdudez's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes they do know how to do polls properly. But at the same time if they feel it's in the nations best intrests to get people to stop smoking than they do what's legal and what works. Meaning by small group as in finding a community that is against smoking and is more closeminded. This way they still use a percentage and it is still very accurate. There is no forging votes or anything. It's just politics.
    Hmm, honestly, I have no idea why they would try to make the votes biased...... >.>

It doesnt benefit them in any way.... it's not like they are the ones who gain money from these new smoking packets..... they are merely a committee trying to keep track of how the packets are affecting the population, and they get paid to do the job right, not in favor of the new tactic.

But statistics aside.... assuming they are true, then what would you think of the new image tactics?
    Last edited by bassdudez; May 22, 2006 at 10:01 PM.
    Kastelic's creation

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bassdudez
    Hmm, honestly, I have no idea why they would try to make the votes biased...... >.>

It doesnt benefit them in any way.... it's not like they are the ones who gain money from these new smoking packets..... they are merely a committee trying to keep track of how the packets are affecting the population, and they get paid to do the job right, not in favor of the new tactic.
    Because the one's who join committee's like this one are against smoking! *Rubbs his eyes...*
    Ugh... I'm going to bed...

Thanks

Because the one's who join committee's like this one are against smoking! *Rubbs his eyes...*
    Ugh... I'm going to bed...
    Yea, so?

It's not like making the results biased are going to discourage smokers anywhere.... after all, if the results are biased in any way, then that just means that the tactics themselves arent working. In a way, it might even increase the number of smokers if the tactics are backfiring!

If these people really are against smoking, then they would have given accurate and fair results, not biased ones.
    Kastelic's creation

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4