+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Haditha Massacre.

Otaku Rei_unit00 may be famous one day Rei_unit00 may be famous one day Rei_unit00's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Haditha Massacre.

Quote Originally Posted by Exoparadapsyphobia
    The soldiers entered I think three houses and began to kill people left and right, the details so far are that 24 people total were killed by the soldiers including women and a young child.

My question to you is should we really persecute these soldiers for war crimes?
    uh, yeah we should persecute them. even if they were runnin around with their comanding officer presumably dead, that doesn't justify them going to houses and killing everyone they see, at least in my opinion

I have nothing against the troops in Iraq, but things like that just aren't acceptable

Newbie thanatos808 may be famous one day thanatos808 may be famous one day thanatos808's Avatar
    Thanks

war happens........... ppl die.......... your point?

Newbie Mirax may be famous one day Mirax may be famous one day Mirax's Avatar
    Thanks

Hello everybody.
    See Shu thay killed inocent people in Iraq, in your face, haha. Sorry about that.
    these soldiers shoudn't be persecute thay should be locked up for life. Not knowing if thay will freak out on the street if somebody stepped on there feet.

And I saw the News about Haditha Massacre, and a li'l girl survived by covering here selfe in here own mothers blood and playing dead. She saw how US soldieres entred there house and killd her whole familie. And you chould see the whole house covred with blood and dead bodyes, it was awfull.
    And if the soldiers aren't mentaly fit in the first plase they shoudn't recruete them.

Otaku Gundragon may be famous one day Gundragon may be famous one day
    Thanks

I do agree that they definetly did wrong...I mean yeah, they were under a lot of stress and they probably couldn't handle their friends' deaths, and that lead to the murder spree...but they shouldn't be let off easily for it either. They should be punished.

What is losing the war is the abismal treatment of our soldiers by the higher ups. They risk their very lives for this country, and then they get treated like shit when they make a slip-up
    Well this wasn't a 'slip up'...yeah, they weren't in the best mental condition, but this is murder. A bit more then a casual slip up. They deliberately went from house to house slaughtering everyone they found inside.
    You may also call me JinKaze.

Otaku desxms may be famous one day desxms may be famous one day desxms's Avatar
    Thanks

Even in war there are "war crimes". People shouldn't just die, but have to face their conscience afterwards of why they have done what they have done. There is warrior like activity that is done in defense of country or a cause, and there are cold blooded murder like the Holocaust, or genocide which helps neither mankind or ending a war. So war crimes are definitely important to speak up about in the name of justice and should be brought to trial.

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

They messed up, end of story. They knew that situations like this would come up, it's what they train for, it doesn' give 'em the right ta commit murder. However, war is very stressful and has been known ta 'cause psychological trama, yet it is still no excuse. My brother was one of the first to go into Iraq during the war, and he was station there twice since. He had problems connected to those events and he never pulled anythin' like that. Granted, the fact that they were in that situation should be taken into account, but by no means does it mean that they shouldn' stand trial and face justice.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Yes they should be prosecuted. What they did was wrong. They killed innocent bystanders. Yes they are under stress and yes they just saw a friend get killed, but shouldn't they be trained to work under these conditions? ( I have no idea and I'm aware, that training could be totally different then acutally being out there).

If they were that suspicious, why didn't they hold those families captive, check out the place see whats there, before making any assumptions. Why did they have to kill everyone first, then ask questions later?

But unfortunately that's war for you, no matter what the innocent people are still going to get hurt the most.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2