+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread: halloween (Is it Bad? or Good?)

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

halloween (Is it Bad? or Good?)

ok i was wondering if you think halloeen is bad or not. i personally think it's bad but i wanna dress up so badly. i just dre4ss up and call it a day but people say you cant do that. thin year i was planning on being a vixon or a princess or a cat girl. but now im rethinking it.
    do you think halloween is bad or not?

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

This thread topic needs clarification here... Why would Halloween be bad? What would be wrong with little children going door to door collecting treats? It's not like it's associated with pagen religious rituals such as human sacrifice or demon worship....
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks
    actually len, it was asscociated with that years ago. people in black robes used to come to your doorstep and ask for your virgin daughter as a sacrifice to be burned alive and if you didnt do it they put a pumpkin on your doorstep with a black candle saying your cursed. thats the meaning of trick or treat

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Hmmmm... Grumble Grumble

Well now... since pumpkins are a crop native to the americas, that means this would have to have occured after the colonization of the New World, say post 1600s... Are you aware of (and name) any religious groups or organizations from Europe that advocated such practices from that time period???

Thanks
    let me go look. and i will give you facts if you want.

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    It's not like it's associated with pagen religious rituals such as human sacrifice or demon worship....
    I quote from Wiki:

"Halloween is sometimes associated with the occult. Many European cultural traditions hold that Halloween is one of the liminal times of the year when the spiritual world can make contact with the physical world and when magic is most potent."

"Halloween originated in Ireland as the pagan Celtic harvest festival, Samhain."

"In Ireland they continued to practice their deep-rooted, ancient pagan rites well after the arrival of Christianity in the middle of the sixth century."

"As October 31st is the last day of the bright half of the year, the next day also meant the beginning of Winter, which the Celts often associated with human death."

"The Celts' survival during the cold harsh winters, depended on the prophecies of their priests or Druids. They believed that the presence of spirits would aid in the priests' abilities to make future predictions."

"Christians as well as conservative Jews and Muslims, strongly object to the holiday and refuse to allow their children to participate, citing its pagan origins (and, in some cases, its Roman Catholic connections) as well as what they regard as its Satanic imagery."

So, I'd say it does have connections with pagan religions. And of course, and my last quote stated, there's always problems that will occur with some religions.

Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

But just because something MAY be associated with a cult or religion in the past, it doesn't mean it's still associated today... As another example, Valentine's Day was named after person(s) who were executed and became religious martyrs... But very few people today think of political execution and religious martydom when they celebrate St Valentine's Day...

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

But just because something MAY be associated with a cult or religion in the past, it doesn't mean it's still associated today...
    ""Halloween originated in Ireland as the pagan Celtic harvest festival, Samhain."

There's no "maybe" there, Len. And you can't deny that in some ways, Halloween is a symbol for evil, the dark arts, and etc... Even if it's not all about that, it does have some influence.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast