+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: halloween (Is it Bad? or Good?)

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks
    well i like halloween i get to dress up and pluse its allholows eve i love the godt storys and goin down to the gave yard sometimes lol
    but i dont like the fireworks i know ther pretty i think so too but its just that the children get them and it can go off on them or can back fire so thats what i dont like but halloween is both good and bad

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by silverskater145 View Post
    ""Halloween originated in Ireland as the pagan Celtic harvest festival, Samhain."

There's no "maybe" there, Len. And you can't deny that in some ways, Halloween is a symbol for evil, the dark arts, and etc... Even if it's not all about that, it does have some influence.
    Yes if your small minded, and can't see that it ain't about that anymore, or accept other beleifs. If your strong in you religious beliefs this wouldn't bother you. The idea that halowwen is linked with evil is sily.

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    i agree the meaning of halloween has changed from a bad one to a good meaning, now its a time of candy and childlike fun. I dont think its bad to be urself and have fun at least once a year.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Newbie hinata89 may be famous one day hinata89 may be famous one day
    Thanks
    why would holloween be bad. sure it's kinda not that great to have so much candy at once, but it's a chance to dress up and take on a whole new persona. it's a cellabration. and samhain is the wiccan new year so it's an extra special holliday to me.

Otaku Chubz may be famous one day Chubz may be famous one day Chubz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Of course there are people who think halloween is evil. There's people who think the Harry Potter books are evil because it's about witches. If you look at the really devout sects of religions, there's gonna be some people who say it's bad.

The only reason why it seems like such a non-issue is because the majority of people either celebrate halloween, or just don't care about it.

Personally, I liked halloween when I was a kid....I think it's fun. However, it's become too commercial for me. Plus, the olde "going door to door" has been disappearing around here. Rather than having kids going around neighborhoods, they've been setting up group activities, like "halloween events at the local mall" where they give out candy there and you don't walk around the neighborhood. The amount of kids that hit up our place now on halloween has dwindled.....we barely get any around here now, maybe 100 kids max.

I thought going around the neighborhood was the best, because it was pitch black out, so you had the atmosphere of halloween, and you could see all the shadows going around infront of you, and when they got close enough you could see if their costume was cool.

But yeah....now everyone just heads to the malls because the malls hand out candy there. Of course, it's probably because the people have given into the idea that other people hand out poisoned candy, and apples with razors in them and that bs (one of the only proven cases of poisoned candy on halloween was done by a family member to kill his kids)...the rest of it is just urban legends.

But now halloween just sucks.....since I'm way past the age of going trick or treating, all I do on halloween is go to my friends house, or maybe a party if someones having one, but I do that stuff on weekends, so halloween doesn't even matter now.

Many Thanks To SasuraiHell For The Sig!

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Don't the spanish no wait, latin americans, used to worship their dead on that day? Las dia la muertas - day of the dead ( it's been a while since i've done spanish so it might be a bit off).

And they make heaps of food and offer it to the dead, like at their graves and stuff? I remember this from Spanish classes and I also remembering thinking what a waste of all the food lol.

ha ha. Anyways Halloween is heaps fun, all that free candy, though here in Aust, we don't really celebrate it. But i guess you have to be more ccarefull these days, with all the creeps around...

Otaku fma1012 may be famous one day fma1012 may be famous one day fma1012's Avatar
    Thanks
    I never thought of halloween as a bad thing, I thought it was fun to dress up and stuff, but now a days I just like hanging with my friends on that day and watch movies, but I think halloween is ok.

Thanks lifeforce! (:

Newbie Belthasar may be famous one day Belthasar may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I don't think that Halloween is a bad thing, you get to dress up and wander around collecting candy. In addition to that, it's a good day to mock evil, the dark arts, and stuff.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast