+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: halloween (Is it Bad? or Good?)

Otaku Pride_Edward may be famous one day Pride_Edward may be famous one day Pride_Edward's Avatar
    Thanks
    In our country,we celebrate it. Its really fun but really scary too 'coz ghosts stories are told on this event...
    Maybe,halloween started on the late medieval times where witches were once famous.

Otaku Pride_Edward may be famous one day Pride_Edward may be famous one day Pride_Edward's Avatar
    Thanks
    The only bad thing is that you get scared by this celebration...Halloween isn't bad after all...

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks
    halloween started with the druids a few thousand years ago it was called soltice by them,they used to be a ritual they did to prepare for harvesting and stuff i will see what else i can find. but i think halloween is a good
    thing becuase its something that kids can enjoy and some adults ,because i enjoy the hainted houses they do every year
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks
    Ofcourse Halloween is good...when else do you play Castlevania?

I've always loved halloween. I grew up in a small farming community back when Halloween was safe and you could actually eat the apples the neighbors gave you. It was just a great night to be a kid. When I was young, there would be literally thousands of kids out on the street trick or treating and it was just one big party. My best childhood memories come from halloween night. I never once thought there was anything evil in it, nor did any of my civic or church leaders tell me there was. Besides, I always looked forward to seeing the "Night on Bald Mountain" movement from Fantasia that Disney Channel showed every year. Now that was awesome!

I never even realised there was this 'controversy' about halloween until I moved to the South for a few years. The next thing I knew, Halloween had become is evil pagan holiday and if you celebrated it you were on the one way express ticket bus to hell. I kid you not! It was a real disappointment for me. We didn't have a single trick or treater for the two years I was there. For someone who's favorite holiday is Halloween it was a huge disappointment for me and put me in a real depression.

All Halloween is, is a time to celebrate the things in life that scare us. Rather it's ghost stories or whatever. It's harmless fun that is not of the devil. I'm more inclined to beleive that movies like Halloween, Friday the 13th, and SAW are more evil then Halloween is.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dude101 View Post
    O.O so thats what it was all about, i always wonder what the orgines of holloween was all about. btw how did u come across this. i wouldn't think this stuff would be easy to come across.

oh and the part about celebrating it, well i wouldn't really know. we don't really celebrate it over here. i think only once some ppl came around to my house and asked for candy but i didn't even know it was halloween, and i think its the same with every1 else over here. but it sure is a good excuse to chuck a party thats 4 sure.
    It took years believe it or not. Mostly because I was looking in the wrong place. One you know it's a Catholic holiday though it's not to hard to find.

I get the impression that the only places Halloween is celebrated is the US and Canada though I hear it is starting to be exported to the British Isles. I also get the impression that the only places All Hallows Eve is celebrated is in heavily Catholic countries such as Mexico. I understand the pagentry is something to behold.

@HolderOfTheDarkChalice: Don't believe everything you read. Alot of people try to claim that Holloween is baesd out of the Celtic celebrations but there is simply nothing to back that up. Most of the information we have on the "druids" turned out to have been made up by semi-modern writers. We actually know very little about them and their traditions because of their strong oral tradition. As for the word druid it was simply their word for someone who was educated such as doctors, priests, and heralds. There is even some question about whether the god Samhein even existed until recently in history since the main Celtic gods we know of from earlier are Lugos, Epona, and Sucellos. Samhein is not even mentioned.

That said celebrations and festivals were common in nearly every society at that time because it used to be that that was the end of the year instead of December/January. There was often death and life symbolism in the celebrations because it was the death of the old year and the beginning of the new.

Edit: Here is a link to an excerpt from Bullfinches Mythology on what we actually do know based on Roman writtings at the time. The Druids Chapter XLI. a.
    Last edited by Arrianna; Oct 02, 2006 at 08:27 AM.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Newbie Gaaras_Princess69 may be famous one day Gaaras_Princess69 may be famous one day Gaaras_Princess69's Avatar
    Thanks
    I really love Halloween. Im 18 and I still go trick or treating. Well I dont actualy go for the candy, I go 'cause its fun to dress up and plus I have a lot of younger siblings so I go to keep an eye on them.
    This year im going as a fallen angel.

Im buying a pair of black wings at a halloween store in the local mall, im gonna wear a black shirt and skirt, and im gonna wear this really cool black gothic chocker I have and im gonna paint my nails black and put a ton of eye liner on. Im gonna look pimp!

Otaku Hold.Me.X.Thrill.Me may be famous one day Hold.Me.X.Thrill.Me may be famous one day Hold.Me.X.Thrill.Me's Avatar
    Thanks
    Persoanlly I find it really fun and a good excuse to have a massive party, I also celebrate my birthday a few hours after midnight so its sort of a tradition for me to have a big halloween/birthday party! ^^

Although, the meaning of halloween has been lost.. and it really is just an excuse to dress up and get sweets and stuff.. a good excuse though.. ^^;;

TY Sasurai for the lovely sig!*

Otaku mixed fighter girl may be famous one day mixed fighter girl may be famous one day mixed fighter girl's Avatar
    Thanks
    i think it's okay but to a point.....we just get crazy with it.....TOO MUCH blood and all that other crap we don't really need. but i think it okay just clam it down a bit. don't get too excited about a holiday that really doesn't say or doing anything for us.
    I will fight until i find what i'm looking for...you can not judge me on my apperence I am a Warrior. If you have a problem with me..... then my blades will meet your neck.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast