+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread: Has true love ever existed?

Newbie Sadis is off to a good start Sadis's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Has true love ever existed?

I think it exists. And I think I've found it now with the guy I'm dating now. Dispite having some rather bad hangups from my last relationship, I'm happy again. Even more so then ever before. He makes me smile, he cheers me up, he helps me deal with the problems from my last guy. He's wonderful and he just feels right.

I'm totally in love. Sadis + yinyangAio1 forever. <3 (Yes, we're together irl. We're engaged.) Also, if you liked/dated him, please stay off my page.

Otaku ToxicShadow is off to a good start ToxicShadow's Avatar
    Thanks

it does exist even though i had a lot of bad luck up till now i am finally happy i know true love exist but you will have to find it or it will find you at one day
    Hold me Like you held on to life When all fears came alive and entombed me Love me Like you love the sun Scorching the blood in my vampire heart

Otaku sangogirl may be famous one day sangogirl may be famous one day sangogirl's Avatar
    Thanks

does true love exist? you know that is a very hard question, and i find myself asking this to myself quite often. I would like to say yes, that there are people out there that have loved each other so much that they have given up everything just to see that this person is happy. but a part of me also wants to say that 'love' is simply an attraction to somebody in a close vecinity to you who holds similar social status, intellect, and physical attractivness. There have been studies shown that people tend to 'couple' or flirt, or try to connect, however the hell you want to call it, to people who are ranked similarly to what they are in physical attractivness (actually their making a movie out of this theory, that movie 'she's so out of your league' i really want to watch it, it sounds hilarious). On the part of intellect, most people don't find someone that is too far away from their intelligence as 'interesting' therefore love can't 'bloom'. and for social status... well that has been going on for years and years. call it shallow, which it problaby is, but it's quite true for most instances. Normally lawyers and doctors don't go for a high-school drop-out drug addict. Just the way things are. People don't tend to socialize with people that outside thier social circles. For the vecinity thing... that was what made me stop believing in finding love. I grew up and still think, with the idea that love is finding that 'one special person in the whole world just for you'. With there being 6 billion people in the world, what are the probabilities that you're going to find that person across the street, at your workplace, or even in your city when there are sooooo many other cities across the world.

I do believe that the body can give out strong chemical hormones to certain types of people. Studies have shown that women respond very strongly to men's sweat who have a immune system very differnt than their own, thus cause favorable offspring, and similarly the brain can give us a strong lust or lovestruck hormones, like dopamine, norepinephidrine, phenylethylamine, and serotonin, which work like amphetamines kinda the same stuff you use to get high. If you can stick it out for longer than two years your brain starts to have higher doses of Oxytocin, which give the 'feelings of love'. So i guess you can say love can be broken down into chemistry and sociology.

Even though this is true, I think that people can 'fall in love' or have reactions to other people so strong that nothing can break them apart. does it really matter how you chose your partner? I think as long as you do choose a partner that can produce these chemicals in you, and can stimulate your mind in a high enough level that you end up happy in later years, and don't become one of the 50% of the american couple who divorce, then who cares?
    every rose has a thorn

Newbie Zakizo is off to a good start Zakizo's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe so. I haven't dated yet, but I'm sure once I start I can find someone perfect for me, and hopefully I'll be perfect for them as well. If true love didn't exist, then I would personally think that this world is close to worthless. What little is left of love out there is all that's still holding this world together, and without it, people would be driven more to commit suicide, do drugs, and commit other terrible acts that can ruin their health. Love is also essential for happiness in life. I've gotten depressed before just because I didn't have anyone to talk to, so until I find that special someone, my mom and sister are all I have to get me by. So yes, I believe true love exists. It has to, for the sake of humanity's survival.
    What? You've never seen a talking cabbage before? Well, if you were a bit more open minded, then maybe you WOULD have.

God Of Angelz Submarine Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Pencak Champion, Grand Prix Challenge 2 Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Hockey Shooter Champion, Trick Master Funky Champion, Mah-Jong Connect Champion, W.R.A.X. Champion dark1angel may be famous one day dark1angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Has true love ever existed?

For myself i would say that true love has always existed for me because it would be important when your in a good relationship that your in, but in many relationships i had been before were less true love and now that i met someone, and she has not been online for quite sometime now but somehow that relationship has been going smoothly but i would say that it would be wise to simply move on because the relationship which i talked about earlier before as i said it wouldnt be working quite well, also it took most of my time to really wait patiently for two years and now i have to let her go because this time i met a new person in actual real life that this girl is actually a grea fit and in that moment it is true love that is existing now at this very point.

Not only i met a wonderful person that always smiles and makes me happy i am always there for her even though when she is sick at home i always tell her what the assignment is from college and i would tell her that and she would be very well pleased in that moment and both of us have a great communication skills that we talk alot during our break from classes and now we are simply taking it step by step not rushing or anything. True love always comes around when your ready to accept the challenge and become a better person to others that way the other person that is behind you also follows the same steps from this true love existence and i never doubt at all, i always accept any challenges that get in my way and just deal with it without hesitation. Everything is becoming more clearly and there shouldn't be doubt in your mind when it comes to this great topic when your really involved with a steady relationship with someone it is always a good thing to have and also having a person in your life is always there for you when you need it, that what it takes up a great amount of responsibility.

Magic intervenes when there is love in first sight.
    |アスタロス|

Newbie Kirra is off to a good start Kirra's Avatar
    Thanks

"What do you think you really true love even existed at all?"

This is an interesting question, and I've seen a variety of interesting answers. I find myself agreeing with several people's opinions regarding this question.

My personal belief is that yes, true love does exist. No, we don't always find it, no matter how hard we look. And yet there are several couples out there of all ages who are happy with their partners or lifemates, boy/girlfriends, husbands/wives, etc. That is because (again this is my opinion) there are several different kinds of love in the world, but finding your true love, your soul mate...that one is rare and difficult to find.

Yes, a feeling of love can be motivated by or confused with lust. In male-female pairings, the lust could have something to do with the natural human desire to mate and procreate. But that doesn't explain everything, and lust is possible to ignore. I never said it would be easy, but it can be done. I think that a lot of the time teens confuse love and lust, because they're happy with their partner. Sometimes it even turns out that they stay together and spend the rest of their lives together.

But anyway, the short version is that I do believe true love exists. The hard part is finding it.

Newbie Seiwei is off to a good start Seiwei's Avatar
    Thanks

You can't pinpoint something like this; you can't answer that question. Everyone has their own different interpretation of love. It differs by culture, upbringing, personality etc. Some people believe in a soulmate and fate - that there is one person out of everyone in the entire world that is perfect and meant to be for you - but some people don't. Some people think that love as more of a companionship and is something that is not there right away but is something you build up by being together for a long time, so these people disagree with the concept of "falling in love" which is a powerful, moving emotion that changes a person.

I personally believe that love isn't the best thing to sustain a relationship, because love can be fleeting. I believe that in order to love someone you need to be both physically and emotionally intimate with them. You may think you can only get that intimacy from *the* one person, but in lonely times, say when your partner is away studying abroad for a year, one may find themselves looking for a physical and emotional intimacy to someone nearby who makes them feel good. So I think the most important thing, and I'm surprised no one has mentioned it, is trust. I think trust and love go hand-in-hand; if you don't trust the other person, then you don't love them. It needs to be so that there isn't a single situation in the world where you wouldn't be able to put your full and complete trust in him/her, whether it be taking care of him, or her, or whatever. If you are worried that your partner is looking at someone else and thus does not fully love you, then it becomes impossible for you to trust him/love him completely.

That's just me, though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5