+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Has the USA become a power hunrgy country?

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: is the USA becaome a power hunrgy country?

um...while your all trying to get your facts about 'war for oil' strait...why don't you just ask yourself WHO is the number one country the USA imports oil from?

Iraq? Saudi Arabia? You'd be wrong. The number one importer of Oil to the US is Canada. Iraq is number 6. You'd think that if this war was all about oil we'd be attacking someone higher on the list...like Venezuela (#4) or somthing.

Take a look for yourselves. It only took one google search.

Second, if this war is all about getting Cheap oil from Iraq, how come oil prices are still high. Greater supply will lower prices, not raise them. Your tought about "war for Oil" is rediculious. Why would Oil companies get their government to go to war to increase the supply of oil? What happens when there is a change in governent polocy (like a new president who would end the war)? Not only do you lose your 'cheap' oil, but if warcrimes were commited, you could be found partially responsible.

Would it not be more reasonalbe to strike deals with foregin importers or to lobby your own government to allow exploration of native oil? Oh wait, that's what they are all ready doing.

You also forget OPEC. If this war was really about the oil, OPEC would have done somthing about it now. The only oil scandel that involved Iraq was the 'oil for food' program...and that was done by the UN not the US.

So, where does that leave us?

Perhaps the war is about what the President said it was about to begin with.? Protecting the lives of Americans. I wasn't aware that protecting our own intrests (and last time I checked making sure we are not attacked by terrorists was in our own intrest) was a 'power trip'.

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gren View Post
    That's a pretty harsh statement, considering the people who suffered and died in the Twin Towers didn't have shit to do with the U.S. pissing off every other country in the world. Most Americans just want to live their lives in peace, and do what they can to get by, not take over the world.

You took my words wrong. If you would have read all of it I said but I didn't wish to see the people die. Please read all of my words first before saying my words are harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by ketaro View Post
    Good point. Our Government doesn't give a crap about our soldiers. The Government only cares about the holy oil from the middle east speacially the one from Iraq. We are helping to get the oil drilled and then shipped to USA so the oil companies can sell it for a good high price.
    Exactly they don't care I don't want the soldiers over there just for the purpose to die for oil. That is retarted I don't want them there period but if they have to be there then they should be there for a better reason then oil.
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™

Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

We are helping to get the oil drilled and then shipped to USA so the oil companies can sell it for a good high price.
    Do any of you have a link to back this up? Last time I heard the oil was supposed to help pay for the war but that never happened. Instead we (the US) are paying the full cost of the war.

Again, if there is more SUPPLY of oil then prices go DOWN! This is simple supply and demand. You cannot increase the suppy of somthing and raise the price at the same time. The market just does not work that way.

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Barronmore View Post
    Do any of you have a link to back this up? Last time I heard the oil was supposed to help pay for the war but that never happened. Instead we (the US) are paying the full cost of the war.

Again, if there is more SUPPLY of oil then prices go DOWN! This is simple supply and demand. You cannot increase the suppy of somthing and raise the price at the same time. The market just does not work that way.
    Very true about the price of oil will go down but techniqually when it's not our oil to begin with then we turn into theives. So there for we are ripping Iraq off. We are supposed to be helping them but instead we are taking their profits you know.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ky-lyrra View Post
    Very true about the price of oil will go down but techniqually when it's not our oil to begin with then we turn into theives. So there for we are ripping Iraq off. We are supposed to be helping them but instead we are taking their profits you know.
    How. How are we ripping them off? One source please? I have yet to hear once of the US accepting money from the Iraqi government. What profits are being taken?

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ky-lyrra View Post
    You took my words wrong. If you would have read all of it I said but I didn't wish to see the people die. Please read all of my words first before saying my words are harsh.
    I did read your entire post, the same way I read every post I quote in its entirety. I didn't mean to imply that you wanted people to die; I simply don't understand how you can say "we" got what was coming to us, when the only people personally affected by the events of 9/11 had nothing to do with Al-Qaeda, Bin Laden, Saddam, Iraq, or oil. They were just people who went in to work, as they did everyday before, and would have done everyday after. How did they get what was coming to them? I have no intention of arguing this point, but I don't appreciate being spoken down to like some illiterate moron.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Thanks

The oil is Iraqs right we are over there in their land getting their oil so there for we are ripping them off.

Quote Originally Posted by gren View Post
    I did read your entire post, the same way I read every post I quote in its entirety. I didn't mean to imply that you wanted people to die; I simply don't understand how you can say "we" got what was coming to us, when the only people personally affected by the events of 9/11 had nothing to do with Al-Qaeda, Bin Laden, Saddam, Iraq, or oil. They were just people who went in to work, as they did everyday before, and would have done everyday after. How did they get what was coming to them? I have no intention of arguing this point, but I don't appreciate being spoken down to like some illiterate moron.
    I just didn't want you to think that I was saying you were illiterate moron what I'm saying is if we had left Iraq alone all those years ago then they wouldn't have been planning 9/11 for the longest of times you know. I have no quarrel with our country I just think if we left others alone then maybe they will leave us alone.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

So they are not being paid for any oil they export? And just who are they selling the oil to?

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast