+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Has the USA become a power hunrgy country?

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: is the USA becaome a power hunrgy country?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    So they are not being paid for any oil they export? And just who are they selling the oil to?
    Like it was said by Barronmore the oil was meant to be used to pay for the war but it's not. What are we doing with it we are using it for personal use while having to pay for the war with the tax payers money.
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™

Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

Very true about the price of oil will go down but techniqually when it's not our oil to begin with then we turn into theives. So there for we are ripping Iraq off. We are supposed to be helping them but instead we are taking their profits you know.
    Apparently you did not actually hear what the president said last week then. the Iraqi oil fields are controlled by Iraq. The export profits are Iraqi profits. And now every Iraqi citizen will share in those profits starting this year.

If you have sources that back up what you say, please share them. Until there are sources you just have uninformed oppinions that make no sense in the real world. I would really like to know where your getting your information from.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ky-lyrra View Post
    Like it was said by Barronmore the oil was meant to be used to pay for the war but it's not. What are we doing with it we are using it for personal use while having to pay for the war with the tax payers money.
    Are you really this clueless? The oil was left with the Iraqi's to help them restore their economy. We don't have it they do. That is why the US is paying for the war.

So I ask again. Who are they selling it too?

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    Are you really this clueless? The oil was left with the Iraqi's to help them restore their economy. We don't have it they do. That is why the US is paying for the war.

So I ask again. Who are they selling it too?
    If that is true, I rather we draw out our troops. We are not getting anything out of this!

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

Really? Then why was Iraq the number 6 importer of oil to the United States...if were stealing it all then how can they import it. Those are not US numbers either.

Second...if we were stealing Iraqi oil, would not the entire middle east and the rest of OPEC be screaming at the top of their lungs (including Iraq) about it? Would they not be at the UN crying against the travasty that is happening? Well...that would be becuase the Iraqi's still have the oil, the profits of the oil are fueling their growing economy, and we are paying for the war out of our own pockets. And that's why we dont have problems with OPEC about oil consumption

Seriously, use some logic when you argue. Your contradicting yourselves. First we steal the oil to pay for the war, then we keep it for our own greedy needs while using tax payer dollars to fund the war. Which is it?

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Barronmore View Post
    Apparently you did not actually hear what the president said last week then. the Iraqi oil fields are controlled by Iraq. The export profits are Iraqi profits. And now every Iraqi citizen will share in those profits starting this year.

If you have sources that back up what you say, please share them. Until there are sources you just have uninformed oppinions that make no sense in the real world. I would really like to know where your getting your information from.
    Well then I got my facts mixed up. I get my facts from the TV and from my mother when I don't watch it and she does. I have heard nothing about Bush saying that he gave them control of the oil.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyoro-Pyoro View Post
    If that is true, I rather we draw out our troops. We are not getting anything out of this!
    I have to agree then if there is no profit then we should get out.
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™

Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

Otaku Youth-anime-fan is off to a good start
    Thanks

*I'm not going to get into any Iraq thought here. It's still a hot subject, so I'm "ignoring" the current war in this post*

Well, seeming that the USA has a violent history, I say that power has always been an influence. One can see some examples in our history, such as "The trail of tears" -That's where Indians from Georgia were told to hand over their land to the whites. They lived exactly like the whites, owning plantations and even their own slaves. Anyway, they had lawyers, and won their case in the supreme court. EVEN SO, they were forced from their farms and sent to the rocky mountains area. Most died along the way, thus the trail of tears...

Other examples include various Native American land-stealing, Corporations that paid workers cents a day where they probably died within a year (mostly immigrants), and our actions that lead us to be #1 no matter what.

In short, I love our government, and it has tremendous freedom. People are able to worship without being shot if they were something other than Islam, we have the right to dress how we want, we have the right to say things in public without having to be thrown in prison for 5 years without a trail...

SO MUCH FREEDOM!!! The country has definitely lessened its power-hungry ways in the recent century.
    Affirmative Action
    North American Free Trade Agreement
    TONS of employment acts for unions
    Minimum wage acts
    Human rights acts

All are basic liberties that anyone should have. I said I wouldn't get into Iraq, but I will say one thing. The people there are praising us for saving them from their evil ruler. People should have the right to freedoms that we take for granted. However, the news always doesn't show us that.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: Has the USA become a power hunrgy country?

For a simple explanation on how the oil export/profits work I suggest watching Syrianna. Good film.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast