+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Have fashion morals gone down?

Otaku bloodymoonreaper may be famous one day bloodymoonreaper may be famous one day bloodymoonreaper's Avatar
    Thanks

Have fashion morals gone down?

Me again! Now , we know that fashion is so ever changing. And I can't help but notice that clothing has gotten a bit too revealing , too short, even just a tad bit vulgur. I mean I can't find a shirt that won't have my top spilling out or something like that. Shorts might as well become panties or something like that because they are so short. ... Only about five years ago , we dressed pretty descent . I mean if someone dressed that way here about 5-8 years ago ,they would seem a bit trampy, ( Stars don't count, they can get away with anything, well almost anything..) So is it just me , or are we going to far?
    Bloodymoonreaper

Newbie whitefoxdemon may be famous one day whitefoxdemon may be famous one day whitefoxdemon's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Has fashion morals gone down?

I guess you're right. It does seem that clothing is a bit more revealing. But not all clothes is to revealing. Plenty of decent clothing out there that's in style and isn't vulgar or shows to much skin. Guess you should look harder. Besides with the temperatures being so high who wants to wear alot of clothing.

Otaku bloodymoonreaper may be famous one day bloodymoonreaper may be famous one day bloodymoonreaper's Avatar
    Thanks

true... I guess I can't argue with that...
    Bloodymoonreaper

Shu
    Devoted Otaku Shu may be famous one day Shu may be famous one day Shu's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah, clothes are too revealing now................my freind cuts his pants on purpose and i say stuff to him eveyday.........................lol, but i dont know what style is..............i wear jeans and a short sleeve shirt everyday^^

Otaku pigtaru may be famous one day pigtaru may be famous one day pigtaru's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bloodymoonreaper
    Me again! Now , we know that fashion is so ever changing. And I can't help but notice that clothing has gotten a bit too revealing , too short, even just a tad bit vulgur. I mean I can't find a shirt that won't have my top spilling out or something like that. Shorts might as well become panties or something like that because they are so short. ... Only about five years ago , we dressed pretty descent . I mean if someone dressed that way here about 5-8 years ago ,they would seem a bit trampy, ( Stars don't count, they can get away with anything, well almost anything..) So is it just me , or are we going to far?
    Wow, good topic, at least I like it.

First off, I want to say that I do agree that fashion has changed and the clothes ladies wear are a bit more revealing. I don't however think it's vulgur or too short. The majority of society has obviously loosened their grip on what is acceptable and what is not as far as ladies garments.

The reason why clothes are made that way today is because there is an obvious demand for it, else companies will not go out and make them. Companies are in the business to profit, ultimately, and not just to tramp out all the ladies. It's just what girls wear these day, and I have no problem with it, as long as the ladies know what they're doing.

I can understand why you would think things have gotten more trampy, but I must suggest another way to look at it. Some girls might enjoy showing off a bit of skin, because it makes them feel better about themselves, but just because they do that...it does not mean they are bad people with low morals...

I hope this answer is adequate.

o~Piggy-san~o

Newbie Badlywornshoes may be famous one day Badlywornshoes may be famous one day Badlywornshoes's Avatar
    In a cardboard box. With hand-drawn windows.
    Thanks

While I don't personal think that "fashion morals" have gone down, so to speak, I believe the messages the media is conveying are crossed, if not misconstrued. I'm frankly tired of seeing 10-12 year old girls wearing skirts shorter than their index finger. And we wonder why sexual predator cases are on the rise? Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, and Shakira need to stop making it seem like being a slut is okay. It isn't. And while I'm not passing all the blame to the popstars, it's partially their responsibility to convey the right message. Largely, it's the media's fault. And MTV.

I agree completely, though, that every fashion season the leering perverts in the fashion industry get away with showing more and more skin. Consider the aforementioned popstars at the start of their careers, then look at 'em now:

(sexually suggestive links)

Exhibit A: Britney Spears
    Pre-slut: http://www.britney-spears.to/images/bsto7.jpg
    Post-slut: http://www.celebritypro.com/pictures/britney_spears.jpg

Exhibit B: Christina Aguilera
    Pre-slut: http://www.musikbase.de/downloads/wa...1087142508.jpg
    Post-slut: http://www.talisman.org/~erlkonig/im...lera-chaps.jpg

Exhibit C: Shakira
    Pre-slut: http://www.mtv.pl/uploads/pr/7/190/s...0photo%202.JPG
    Post-slut: http://www.sfondi-gratis.org/sfondi_...%20Shakira.jpg

It's sad. It's degrading. But the media hook line these days is "Sex sells". And it does. And it's our fault, the people, for buying into it.

I don't believe that "stars dont count" because that's where it starts. The trends. Kids--the consumers--imitate the stars. So fashion labels imitate the stars. That's the cycle.

It's one thing for adults, who are hopefully more mature and sexually responsible to wear more revealing clothing to date, flirt, and have a good time. But adolescence is supposed to be about innocence, growing up, and enjoying the last few years without responsibility, not date-rape drugs, teen pregnancies, and stilletto heels.

~Shigure
    Last edited by Badlywornshoes; May 23, 2006 at 08:38 AM.

Thanks

Pop stars do seem to influence the growing minds of our generation and the coming generations. I see little kids wearing clothes that give off this I'm not so innocent aura and it is sort of depressing. I mean , we should keep the kids section as innocent as possible . While we semi adults to adults should have the more un innocent clothing .
    Pigtaru , I agree with you about just because they choose to wear more revealing clothing , that that does not mean that they have low morals. I guess the way you dress is also the way you feel about your body and yourself. The more comfortable you are , the more likely you are to wear clothes to show off what you like. That is good in its own sense, but I thought that maybe that can bring unwanted attention and make you a target to those pervs out there.
    Bloodymoonreaper

Otaku pigtaru may be famous one day pigtaru may be famous one day pigtaru's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bloodymoonreaper
    Pigtaru , I agree with you about just because they choose to wear more revealing clothing , that that does not mean that they have low morals. I guess the way you dress is also the way you feel about your body and yourself. The more comfortable you are , the more likely you are to wear clothes to show off what you like. That is good in its own sense, but I thought that maybe that can bring unwanted attention and make you a target to those pervs out there.
    Very true...many of my girl friends get negative attention alot...but I believe they are willing to take their chances, lol. Because not everyone will be pervy, lol.

o~Piggy-san~o

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast