+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A heated topic; Bi-Racial Relationships!

Newbie dorimon is off to a good start dorimon's Avatar
    Thanks

Question A heated topic; Bi-Racial Relationships!

Bi-racial relationships are difficult in my case! Here, let me set this up for you:
    I'm a average-height, white, female. My boyfriend is a short, asian (chinese/viet) male. We're both 16.

Our relationship is great and we're very happy! But, with happiness comes bad things as well, hmm? There's alot of descrimination towards us. People are CONSTANTLY gawking and whispering when they look at us, white and asian alike. It's also been a exteremly difficult journey of indurance with his family. Though my family teases me about him, they except him, and he's also met my grandparents who really like him.

I've met plenty of his family, and i've been to quite a few family events of his just so i could show them my dedication. His father is uncaring, and I thought his mom didn't mind me at first, but now our relationship is torn now. >>' Despite this, i find myself lucky, because we've always been "allowed" to see eachother. His mom once tried to interfere, but. . .FAIL. haha! >

Anyway, his grandma is the one i'm looking to impress. All it takes, though, is for me to clean and help out at their house (house wife initiation, HAHA) to please her. Things are starting to look up, but I have skipped alot of bumps along the road, I've cried many times, and almost gave up. But i would never give discrimination the glory of knocking me down! :3

What are your takes or experiences with bi-racial relationships?

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: A heated topic; Bi-Racial Relationships!

I'm a product of "bi-racial relationships" I guess you could say.

I almost feel like I have no "race". I associate myself most with African American culture.. Only because my fathers side of the family is predominately Afican American and they are the most involved family members I have... And even within them there is native american both in my bloodline and in my family through marriage. Also there is hispanic family members who've married in and given me half hispanic cousins.

It all kind of melts together and becomes a sort of hodge podge. Yet, my family is still rich in culture and tradition. So it's not like getting mixed up made anyone lose sight of cultural appreciation. Its just that instead of having some specific racial pride... I have pride in my hodge- podgeness. Im all mixed up and wouldn't have it any other way. (Even though it CAN be really hard when it comes to being accepted)

All in all I would have to say I am (obviously) in favor of mixin' up the love. Take love however you can get it.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

In this day and age "inter" racial relations shouldn't be a problem, considering that its a bi-product of old racism.

If you make each other happy, then there shouldn't be a problem, but you do have to remember that you two are still minors, and you might not like it, but either of your parents could end your relationships quite effectively, and there would be nothing you could say or do about it, least until your of age.

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

Race doesn't really matter to me, were all people after all. My Grandma is very racist though, she tried to break apart one of my cousins relationships because of it. In my experience when you try to break apart two people, because of an obvious dislike for the person. The two people grab on to eachother an develop a tighter bond with one another, more than ever before. The only effective way to break apart two people... eh never mind.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Some people it is a hot spot. I noticed it with women. Because to me it doesn't matter I will do just about anyone of any ethnicity or nationality. The first time I did a woman who was not from the United states one of my close friends, a white female practically disowned me. I think many women are closed minded when it comes to inter-racial, or in my case inter-nationality relations. Quite simply put when it comes to many guys pink is the only color that matters and that is certainly the case with me.

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Ew beast... you're kinda .... vulgar.

All be it you're just being bluntly honest I suppose. But there's a lot more to relationships than relations. If you're talking about inter-racial shagging, I think that holds less of a concern than really intertwining someone of another culture into families that are rooted in an entirely different culture. You don't have to embrace a person into your family you just have a roll in the hay with. I mean, if casual sex is your thing.
    I think the door for discrimination opens more when someone proudly declares a person from another culture into a (possibly close minded) family.
    ... Not Ever Again...

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Race is such an overrated concept. If it were up to me, we'd mix up our genes as much as possible.
    The bigger issues lie in intercultural relationships. It usually takes an open mind and some meaty conversations to come to a compromise.

Otaku lapislazuli is off to a good start lapislazuli's Avatar
    48° 07' – 48° 19' N 16° 11' – 16° 34' E or short: behind you.
    Thanks

I wasn't really aware that interracial relationships can be that much of a problem. I never knew that it could be that problematic to be together with someone who's not of the same "race" as you are. All those stuff about "race" is ridiculous in the first place.
    And me personally, I have absolutely no problem in getting a girlfriend which isn't caucasian. And I'm fairly sure that I won't have any problems in my family if that's going to be the case either.
    I wish you the best of luck in your case of course and you should not let yourself be intimidated because someone might not like the look of you two. As long as both of you like each other, the rest's not important.
    You are now breathing manually. :P

E&OE;

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast