Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Heaven/Hell

Devoted Otaku Quick Words Champion, Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Mah Jongg Garden Champion, Haunted House Champion Cheza may be famous one day Cheza may be famous one day Cheza's Avatar
    Thanks

Heaven/Hell

I have to admit, I'm not a religious person. I do, however, respect people who are religious and hey to each his own right? Anyways, yesterday I was dragged to church and got to talking with the priest.

I couldn't help to let some of my usual cynical and blunt sarcastic mannerisms and told him that I didn't really believe that heaven or hell existed and that - I quote, "People use that idea as a way to see something other than the unknown... Basically so they don't fear death."

The way he explained it to me was that back then, people thought that being burned was the worst punishment someone could get. And so when the bible was written hell was portrayed as being full of fire and demons and all that. Then he explained that the whole concept of heaven was a place where people wouldn't have to fear pain or disease.

So do you think it's better to die with the idea that there's a place where all this good things happen or do you prefer to be a realist and just admit that death is death and there's nothing else beyond that?
    If they really had a desire to live, they would've been more aware of how easy it is to die.

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Heaven/Hell

I don't really think I have to accept either of those choices... I mean sure, death is death. But because I believe that our battery is energy. Which exsists without our bodies. I find it both logical and spiritually soothing to assume that perhaps due to said energy.... we can feel some sense of exsistence after the death of the body.

But no, don't believe in heaven or hell in a biblical sense. Just that if you have goood karma, and have opperated with mostly good intentions... then you after life, (or next life), will reflect that... and vice versa.
    Last edited by Peach_follows; Jan 25, 2009 at 10:11 AM. Reason: I took a sleep meication before typing this... bad idea
    ... Not Ever Again...

Otaku Utena Tenjo is off to a good start
    Thanks

i do, but to me heaven is unique to everyone, and im unsure if i believe in Purgatory, and well...for hell, i think its real, but it not as easy to get into as many think.

ayu
    Devoted Otaku ayu is off to a good start ayu's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm a Christian so I believe that I'll go to Heaven. I don't really care if other people believe in Heaven or Hell. To others, it may seem that it's only an idea that after death is that you'll go to Heaven or hell, but to me it's the real thing. Sure, it may sound a bit cynical about Heaven or Hell as it has been said in the Bible, but it is the people who put their selves whether believing it or not. lulz

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe in an after life, sure the thought of it may be different from one person to the next, but i dont believe that heaven or hell is an illusion to prevent the fear of death or whatever.

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Otaku pink_hana may be famous one day pink_hana may be famous one day
    Thanks

i don't really care but I do believe in God.
    one thing's for sure and that is, if I die right now..I'm gonna end up in hell or porgatory
    coz everyone has their sins and mine?? some of them I think are unforgivable..
    We give in to temptations that easily..

"Never tell a man that you love him until he has declared his undying love for you."

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Heaven and Hell are all here. Earth is the perfect paradise to live in, and in my opinion, soul is a real thing; it is what makes a body useful and gives it life.
    Just as any [major] city, such as LA, New York and Sydney is useless without people, the same way a body is useless without a soul.

Hell is to torture your soul as a punishment for your sins. Although in my belief, your soul will not stay there forever.

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe there is a Heaven and a Hell. Heaven I believe is as the way they explain it as, a place of peace and happiness with out conflict and pain. Hell on the other hand is the exact polar opposite. I don't think it's all fire and brim stone, now sense Hell is made up of different levels of punishment, I am sure one of them is like that, and others so terrible that even the most darkest of Human thought could never conceive.

Now some people say well I have done a lot of sinning and some unforgivable that I will go to Hell. Well the way I see it as long as you have not taken another life and try to be the best person you can be then you can always be forgiven and be able to avoid Hell. Humans are anything but perfect other then being perfectly Human and we all sin, it’s unavoidable, how ever you can always be forgiven.

I am a man who has faith but also believes in science and the real world. True there is a that possibility that in the end we just rot in the ground, how ever that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t still strive to be the best person we can, if anything it makes life in a sense that much more meaningful.
    How ever I have faith and I believe that there is a Heaven and a Hell and the fact the Human body, especially what makes up our mind and who we are is electrical impulses made up of energy and science has stated that a life and a concusses can exist even when made out of energy and that’s what the soul is.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast