+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hidden Pasts, Betraying Trust.

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Hidden Pasts, Betraying Trust.

Recently I found some information about a close friend that they never told me about and I felt a little crushed that they kept things from me. of course I don't want to confront my friend as its intrusive.The way I found out was through a friend who always seems to tell me things about my friends past. It does annoy me that they keep telling me things but also hurt that my friend didn't tell me.

My question to you is should we really pry into others business and if they don't wish to tell us then its their choice or should we know everything about our friends??
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Hidden Pasts

Quote Originally Posted by dancy_SAZ View Post
    My question to you is should we really pry into others business and if they don't wish to tell us then its their choice or should we know everything about our friends??
    I came out as an introvert, so most of what's in my mind generally doesn't surface itself for others' regard, unless I feel it's critical for them to know.

Thus I believe certain somethings are better left unsought after. I wouldn't call it wrong to express concern by being inquisitive, but just the same, one must also respect others' intentions for wanting to arrest whatever matter (those which doesn't concern you ~) from seeping out. And besides, everyone has at least a thing or two that they keep hidden even from their dear-most someone, voluntarily or involuntarily... Lastly.. in reference to hidden pasts, it's good to have a friend who accepts you without wanting to know what you once were than for what you are now. And it's best, I believe, not to let anyone exhume some parts of your being, so to maintain a shade of mystery about you.

~always by your side~ Radarix Champion, Virus 2 Champion, Virus 3 Champion fireandice is off to a good start fireandice's Avatar
    Thanks

Well you don't have to pry just let then know if there is anything that they wish to talk about that you'd be there to listen to them unjudgementaly. If they tell you then you'll know but if they choose not to then don't push it. If they truly trust you then they may tell you someday. Reguardless I would never let your friend know that you already knew "it" about them. Just keep that info to yourself.

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd say if they want to talk about it, they can. If they don't, then don't try to obtain it otherwise. Some people have secrets they want to keep secrets. I myself don't try to "pry" into, nor do I openly speak of everything in my mind. Some people are protective, while others are not. Simple.

Today, I overheard one of my friends talking behind about what's happening to her and her Boyfriend. It wasn't on purpose, but I heard what she was keeping away from near everyone else in the school. It's not because I wanted to listen, it's only because I was there.

In conclusion, I like knowing things, but I'm not going to go all crazy over it if I don't hear something.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Otaku Inuruto is off to a good start Inuruto's Avatar
    Thanks

I see where you are coming from & why you would want to know some of the things that haven't been spoken to you by your friend...

What everyone else said so far is understandable & has very good points... I for myself would want a friend that will or wouldn't mind telling me anything about their past, present, & future... Just for the fact that they should know that I wouldn't be judgemental & won't stop liking/loving them for who they are... But I can understand why they might hold certain things back because you can always assume how people might act when they get a hold to certain information, but you don't actually know... We like to persume the best in people, but that is not always the case... We/people seen ourselves whether it's real life or in movies how people turn/change cause they learned a secret or anything that was abnormal to the person they thought they knew...

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

Only a chick would make a thread like this. Let's see how would I explain this to a chick since I'm a guy. I usually don't confide in people and platonic friend's are the only ones who seem to care about that fact. Just because your friend doesn't confide in you doesn't make them any less of a friend.

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

I understand bein' hurt by the fact that ur friend didn' come clean and tell u somethin' 'bout their past, but like Shodokan said, it doesn' make them any less of a friend. I also agree wit Kedar on this, even though ur bein' inquisitive 'bout any of ur friends' past may b done outta care and concern, it's better ta show ur friends that u respect their privacy. This also shows them that they can trust u and that they can come ta u wit things like this, even though it may not b right away. Friendship means havin' patience and understandin', ta learn ta accept people for who they r and ta never judge them based on their past.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Newbie yuki chan is off to a good start yuki chan's Avatar
    Thanks

Smile Re: Hidden Pasts

I know how it hurts to know that a friend.. or rather a close friend of yours is hidding secrets from you,... Its hard to explain the feeling how it really hurts... you see.. you and your friend,, its your close friend.. you know that youve shared almost all your secrets to a close friend... a friend is where we lean on in times of crisis... knowing that he/she have a secret that havent been told to you... overthrows your relationship with him/her... but there are times that you should still ones decision upon somthing... just try to understand her feelings too... that little misunderstanding should not be the reason for your break ups.. just forgive and forget!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast