+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: High school dropouts

Newbie Anime Crazy08 is off to a good start Anime Crazy08's Avatar
    Thanks

Post High school dropouts

i would like someones opion on why we have so many high school dropouts? me, i think that its because students, at there teenage years, are wanting something else to do besides spend over half there day sitting in a four wall room in a desk wrighting a report or essay or something. there are also many rules that keep students from dressing and acting like they want to. true, some of the rules are necessary, but come on, give students some freedom! I am a high school student myself and i have the thought of dropping out almost every day because i have so much work to do. so please explain to me why we have so many high school dropouts!

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: High school dropouts

I have one thing to say about high school drop outs:

YOU ARE A *expletive deleted* IDIOT!

There is no excuse for dropping out of high school. Period. If its too hard? Study. Kids make fun of you? Boo Hoo, Tell somebody and/or ignore it.

With out that magical peice of paper they give you at the end of grade 12, it is very hard to get a job, and don't even think about getting into any college or university, most of them won't even touch you till you get your GED, and some not even then.

There is no excuse. Don't go and make justifications for dropping out, because there is none. And if you do drop out, get your GED.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to aceman67 For This Useful Post:

Scourge (Mar 31, 2009)

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

The importance of that high school diploma can depend on where you live but it's of extreme importance in almost every modern country.
    E.g. Here you're pretty much limited to the fantastic jobs of trash collector, street sweeper, cleaning lady, toilet manager, etc. if you don't have it.

It doesn't even matter that much what your specialization was when getting it. You just have to get it to prove to future employers that you're not an idiot.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Now part of the reason why the US has so many High School Dropouts is because High School education in the US is FREE (paid for by the state and local governments) If you actually had to PAY for High School education (like they do in Japan...) you would have a better appreciation for the education that you're getting...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Now part of the reason why the US has so many High School Dropouts is because High School education in the US is FREE (paid for by the state and local governments) If you actually had to PAY for High School education (like they do in Japan...) you would have a better appreciation for the education that you're getting...
    To be honest it's free out here in multiple European countries as well, even basic school material is free (school trips, school lunch, etc. are not free though.)

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

I guess it depends where you are from.

In Aus. in some parts, to be able to drop out, you have to have a job and we have a free education system (though you can choose to go private and pay) I just don't think it's fair keeping kids in school when they don't want to be there. They aren't doing anything for themselves and they are wasting time of teachers and those students who want to be there.

So I don't see what the big deal is, again I guess it depends on the system, but here you can find a job perfectly fine without a year 12 certificate and a good earning one at that, just depends where you want to end up

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    E.g. Here you're pretty much limited to the fantastic jobs of trash collector, street sweeper, cleaning lady, toilet manager, etc. if you don't have it.
    The city of Lethbridge, about 15 min from where i live (I drive there almost every day to work), won't hire people with out a diploma or GED. And thats for all of its jobs, from trash collection to road maintenance. the only exception to this is for employees who were already employed when the policy was put into place.

Otaku lapislazuli is off to a good start lapislazuli's Avatar
    48° 07' – 48° 19' N 16° 11' – 16° 34' E or short: behind you.
    Thanks

Well, in Austria high-school graduation (it's called differently here but it's the same in the end) is worth nothing. In many companies, they are preffering high-school drop-outs over high-school graduates. That is because most drop outs apprenticed somewhere. So they have much more practical experience than a high-school graduate of the same age. And it simply is like that in many companies: praxis > theory. In those apprenticeships you really learn stuff that is important for your future job, while in austrian's high-schools you're basically being prepared to study afterwards, getting a wide range of education. Which means, the only real option you have is to start studying something after high-school. Otherwise, you sometimes even have a disadvantage.
    You are now breathing manually. :P

E&OE;

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast