+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: High school dropouts

Devoted Otaku Wuzzler Champion, Stan James Freekick Champion, Sports Bar Champion, Kill Tweety Champion, Bloody Pingu Champion, One Ton Bang Bang Champion receiverofhell may be famous one day receiverofhell's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: High school dropouts

i would like someones opion on why we have so many high school dropouts? me, i think that its because students, at there teenage years, are wanting something else to do besides spend over half there day sitting in a four wall room in a desk wrighting a report or essay or something. there are also many rules that keep students from dressing and acting like they want to. true, some of the rules are necessary, but come on, give students some freedom! I am a high school student myself and i have the thought of dropping out almost every day because i have so much work to do. so please explain to me why we have so many high school dropouts!
    Well...
    I don't know to start this thing..
    Well High School dropouts is a very common thing in my country...
    In mosts cases of dropouts they usually droppes out cause of drugs or somthing..
    If you go to my country you will know it yourself^_^.....
    TONS OF DROP OUTS EVERYWHERE IN THE WORLD!
    I loved her so much.... i would dare to risk my own life only to save her from dying....
    I loved my GF...
    http://i52.tinypic.com/zxa8pj.jpg[/IMG

Otaku Franco is off to a good start Franco's Avatar
    Thanks

You get what you pay for, also the teachers and parents are both at fault because parents nowadays are not that invovled with their kids lives and hardly encourage them to succeed in the classroom the attitude is that you are expected to pass. have you ever been in a classroom where the tv is the classroom, I have at my old high school, so when I went to college I had to relearn everything because the teachers sucked at my old high school, so I could see why people might want to drop out because they feel like they could be doing something better with their time. however like the others have said on this thread, this magical paper gets you most of the low paying job out their and maybe a normal paying job too. back when my mom was in high school, she said after you got out of high school you had an opportunity to get a decent job without going to college (she graduated in the late 70's), but for us in this day and age, college (BA or BS) is the same as getting a diploma in high school did back in those days, it gets you a decent job but you still have to go higher to get those better paying jobs, so you have to go to school otherwise don't cry about working at McD's as a fry cook sponge bob squarepants.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Franco For This Useful Post:

Scourge (Apr 06, 2009)

Newbie Dork- may be famous one day Dork- may be famous one day Dork-'s Avatar
    Above the clouds, sitting on the rooftop.
    Thanks

Yeah like the rest of the guys said, don't dropout. Not much you can do without a diploma and going to school and just sitting there daydreaming about random thoughts is still helpful than not going at all. I'm the one to talk. Overslept 4 times this week, anyways student life is pretty fun if you make it out to be. Join a club and meet new people who are like you.

Math teach. once said reason your going to school is so you can communicate with other people, actually know what someone is talking about when they something.

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

like said:
    Dropping out isn't acceptable.

But I do see where people are coming from. My Brother dropped out and then he got his GED and went to college. He acknowledged he made a huge mistake,but he still went to college, and he hasn't screwed up anymore.

As for severe bullying/depression/ stuff like that I can also identify with it. I underwent severe clinical depression last year. I ignored school work, and I dropped from having a 3.0 GPA to a !.5. By the time I really felt like trying I felt too buried with schoolwork to do anything. I wanted to drop out. I tried to.
    My mom said, "F***k no". She transfered me to online homeschool to catch up with work, got me a counselor, and I was socially more active with my friends after that.
    So I went back to school this year, and I'm fine. If i have a problem, I now have people to talk to. That or I express it through art, (writing, drawing, painting)

If you have a problem with school, fix it. If you hate your school, transfer, go to homeschool, whatever.
    If you're being bullied, bite the damn bullet and tell someone.
    If you don't fit in, try things outside of school socially, and just focus on your work at school.

Dropping out with just screw up your life in the long run.

Otaku Trojan man is off to a good start Trojan man's Avatar
    Thanks

i read most of your gies post i agree completly wit your points of vies iv bin held back for to years but tath hasent hurt my spirets in any way the tawt of droping out has never crosed my mind in fact iv bin incoreged to actualy do beter and go and get my bachelers in phycology
    PS all of you that droped out and live with your parent go get your GED or someting.

Otaku nightboyz may be famous one day nightboyz may be famous one day nightboyz's Avatar
    Thanks

man im glad all the mod's dove into this one first.
    That shows you they give a rats *** about school.

Me I fully agree with the mod's about don't drop out.
    Yeah its hard and alot of work but that hard work and tons of it will be there wether you drop out or not.
    However with the education you got by completing school you are less likly to make misstakes.
    Kamen Rider....DECADE!!!

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nightboyz View Post

Yeah its hard and alot of work but that hard work and tons of it will be there wether you drop out or not.
    However with the education you got by completing school you are less likly to make misstakes.
    I agree not to drop out, or atleast get yourself a GED as your last form of education. Public schooling was never truly that challenging to me and my interest in that category went out the window quickly. Instructors weren't quite the sharpest tools in the shed, but what can you really expect from public schooling. You can only get so far in the world when all they teach you is how to successfully memorize text and then forget it during that ridicuously long, 3 month summer break. Who are they kidding right? When the aspect of staying only of socializing bored me, I finally decided to dropout at age 16.

I went to a Job Corp in the city and got my GED. Everything is completely free and it skips years or wasting time. The GED is easy of course, but I will tell you that I could name off hundreds of students who went the full 9 in public highschool and still couldn't pass the damn thing. The only really great thing about it, is that you can get it at age 15. Scary stuff. Anyways, you don't do much there either and they also supply with with free room and board for thsoe who want to be a little more adventurous, 3 meals a day or more if you feel like it, a drivers license if you choose to or haven't recieved one yet, and on top of it all, they give you a weekly allowance with chances to get certificates in a trade. That is definentally a cool program and definentally worth 2-6 months of your time (I say 6 if you want to mess around for 4 months and 2 as the starter because it takes about that long to get through all the yellow tape and wasted time for test results). You can take the GED, where I was, 3 times in a week and 6 times maximum over the course of 6 months. If you fail the first time, you can always come back after a week or two of studying if needed or you can simply take them back to back if you memorized the test the previous day. I only did it once, but then again, 1 year of public highscool prepared me for that LOL.

Anyways, the mods were right in saying that not many Universities will take someone even with a GED. Even though that may be true, I enrolled in a community college instead. A monkey could get a college degree there and it is simple as pie with online courses. I know more than a handful of guys who do nothing but pay students to do the work for them in this case. You can also just take the test to get full credit if you feel like studying a text book for a few weeks. With that first degree, my pay scale jumps from that lowly 9 dollar an hour job to 15-20 atleast, easy. That is with no work at all. I say that is definentally worth picking your nose for a year or two. In states with good low income economies such as Missouri, Michigan, Ohio, North Carolina, etc.. the list goes on, I will be making far more than the middle class and geting the most out of my dollar won't be such a hassle. Hell, right now I am making more than everyone in my family except for my father who has a masters. Guess how many of the others recieved a highschoool diploma or an associates.

Now since I have that ridiculous excuse for a degree, I am applying for my nearest 4 year University, since they can't exactly deny an already completed degree. College credits are college credits no matter the circumstances, and so are degrees Not every University is Harvard or Yale, so believe me when I say that it won't be much different getting that bachelors compared to the associates. People could always disagree, but I have seen that "talent" roaming the halls, and it has yet to impress me. In the end I will have the degrees, the cash, and move on with what I want to do in life.

I have always said life wasn't that hard. Hell, at this point I have yet to be corrected or dissapointed, but then again, this is my life, not yours. If you have that many problems, perhaps you aren't really looking for solutions, merely an escape from reality.

Goodluck out in the future, and for gods sake man, don't skip that education; the rewards are definentally worth it and it is just simply too easy to pass up. ROFL. Tell me that isn't the American dream!
    Last edited by Tbaism; Apr 14, 2009 at 11:58 PM.

Otaku Kuzalagloopagloop is off to a good start Kuzalagloopagloop's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nightboyz View Post

Hard and a lot of work its High School hes talking about man not Ivy league. It use to kill me when i heard ppl say that in school. OP finish school man dont be a drop out loser punk bitch.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast