+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Hilary Clinton or Barrack Obama?

Otaku Tetris Champion, Ms Pacman Champion, Trivial Blitz Champion Mechazawa is off to a good start Mechazawa's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Hilary Clinton or Barrack Obama?

I'll be voting for Mrs. Clinton, Obama just doesn't have enough know how for the job. I'm sure you can bring up that Hilary might not have enough either but she would have Bill if something truely horrible came up.

She just seems more equipt for the job than Obama. However I will add that I HOPE AL GORE RUNS. If AG runs I'm voting for him it should've been his big white house back in 00.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    Gullianni has no experience as anything higher than mayor of NY. Why would he even try?
    Be cause being the Mayor of New York is like running your own small country. there are 18,818,536 people living in the Metropolitan area of New York City. He's also demonstrated that he can handle crisis. Lord knows what would have happened in the aftermath of 9/11 if he hadn't been mayor.

Not to mention that a lot of US presidents have had no political experience before coming to office.

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Honestly, I don't know much about these two candidates to even make a serious response. I am sure both of them have some unique and poweful message that brings hope and light to the people.

Anywho, at this point, Hilary would be my vote simply because of Clinton. Whether or not Hilary was truly the brains behind the operation, I had faith and trust in the man before and knowing that his wife is in the race only makes me very happy. Etiher way, we will get two Presidents in the House and that is all good to me.

Race and sex are obviously a factor in the polls, but I wouldn't consider Obama the sure thing or a serious adversary becuase he is black. I have lived in Michigan for 11 years, and to be truthful, race didn't seem to matter that much there. Even when it was was a life chaning proposal, barely anyone walked out the door when it came that time.

I think that teenage or young votes were at an all time low when Bush was in the picture, but I don't think much will change here either. To really get votes, we need the young, and they are the key factor in the race and sex wars. It won't happen in my opinion, maybe just a slight increase, but nothing significant.

If I were a betting man, I would put some serious money on Hilary.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazawa View Post
    I'll be voting for Mrs. Clinton, Obama just doesn't have enough know how for the job. I'm sure you can bring up that Hilary might not have enough either but she would have Bill if something truely horrible came up.

She just seems more equipt for the job than Obama. However I will add that I HOPE AL GORE RUNS. If AG runs I'm voting for him it should've been his big white house back in 00.
    It's funny how everyone who says that they're voting Hilary, because Bill's like her insurance. Bill Clinton aside, is there any other reason anyone would vote for her? I mean she's gotta have some kind of good quality she acquired on her own, right?

And how does Obama not have the know-how for the job? He's in politics is he not? He's a senator or something like that. He's just as qualified as Hilary Clinton is, and he's more enthusiastic about running for president than Hilary is.

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

It's funny how everyone who says that they're voting Hilary, because Bill's like her insurance. Bill Clinton aside, is there any other reason anyone would vote for her? I mean she's gotta have some kind of good quality she acquired on her own, right?

And how does Obama not have the know-how for the job? He's in politics is he not? He's a senator or something like that. He's just as qualified as Hilary Clinton is, and he's more enthusiastic about running for president than Hilary is.
    Well, I do think that Hilary has more of a foothold in this presidential race then just Bill Clinton. I think that what she has going for her the most is experience. I mean she has been working in the White House obviously for a number of years as First Lady. She is also considered to be the most empowered of any First Lady since Eleanor Roosevelt. From what I have read, not only was she First Lady but she was also chairman of the Task Force on the National Health Care Reform and was appointed by Bill.

It has also been shown that she can deal with the political spotlight and emotional stress very well considering the Lewinsky Scandal. And I don’t know about you but that is a very good quality in a president if you ask me. Because if you look back in history every president even the most revered ones always had groups of people who hated them so they all had to deal with critism, political stress, and the like (like John Adams isn’t considered a very good president because he couldn't deal with the critism very well. After all he passed the Alien and Seditions Act which basically prevented newspapers and such from saying bad things about the president and all. Talk about violating the Constitution).

One thing bad about Hilary is the fact that she seems so unapproachable. I mean if you have seen her do a speech it seems like she is almost robotic at times.

As for Obama not having the know-how for the job, does anybody really have the know-how in the end. About the only thing that can prepare someone is just by gaining political positions, making speeches, and just having to deal with the public eye. But I think trying to prepare someone for president is like trying to teach a soldier how being in a real battle is like. It doesn’t matter how much you prepare them they will never be completely ready until they experience the real thing.

But I think why Obama might be considered by other people as not having enough political experience is the fact that before his entering the presidential race nobody has really known about him. Because of this, it may seem that he doesn’t have enough political experience he just hasn’t been in the political spotlight till now. The vast majority of the American people just don't know him very well. At least that’s my theory.

I know that is why he has written that book so people can get to know him. Because if you feel like you know a presidential candidate then you are more likely to get a vote. One major factor going for him in my opinion is that he is a very good public speaker. He is very relaxed during his speeches and it just goes smoothly. But because of this quality, some people may think he too soft for the job but we can’t really say that until he takes the job. But from what I have seen he is very firm in his beliefs, correct me if I am wrong.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Priestess Angel View Post
    Well, I do think that Hilary has more of a foothold in this presidential race then just Bill Clinton. I think that what she has going for her the most is experience. I mean she has been working in the White House obviously for a number of years as First Lady. She is also considered to be the most empowered of any First Lady since Eleanor Roosevelt. From what I have read, not only was she First Lady but she was also chairman of the Task Force on the National Health Care Reform and was appointed by Bill.

It has also been shown that she can deal with the political spotlight and emotional stress very well considering the Lewinsky Scandal. And I don’t know about you but that is a very good quality in a president if you ask me. Because if you look back in history every president even the most revered ones always had groups of people who hated them so they all had to deal with critism, political stress, and the like (like John Adams isn’t considered a very good president because he couldn't deal with the critism very well. After all he passed the Alien and Seditions Act which basically prevented newspapers and such from saying bad things about the president and all. Talk about violating the Constitution).

One thing bad about Hilary is the fact that she seems so unapproachable. I mean if you have seen her do a speech it seems like she is almost robotic at times.

As for Obama not having the know-how for the job, does anybody really have the know-how in the end. About the only thing that can prepare someone is just by gaining political positions, making speeches, and just having to deal with the public eye. But I think trying to prepare someone for president is like trying to teach a soldier how being in a real battle is like. It doesn’t matter how much you prepare them they will never be completely ready until they experience the real thing.

But I think why Obama might be considered by other people as not having enough political experience is the fact that before his entering the presidential race nobody has really known about him. Because of this, it may seem that he doesn’t have enough political experience he just hasn’t been in the political spotlight till now. The vast majority of the American people just don't know him very well. At least that’s my theory.

I know that is why he has written that book so people can get to know him. Because if you feel like you know a presidential candidate then you are more likely to get a vote. One major factor going for him in my opinion is that he is a very good public speaker. He is very relaxed during his speeches and it just goes smoothly. But because of this quality, some people may think he too soft for the job but we can’t really say that until he takes the job. But from what I have seen he is very firm in his beliefs, correct me if I am wrong.
    You must've been watching CSPAN on the same day I was, because I totally agree with you. Hilary seems so damn frigid! LOL. And Barrack was pretty much talkin' to people like he knew them forever! That man can speak--although that's what lots of people say about Bush too. LOL.

This is gonna be a close call I think. They're both very good choices if you ask me. It's just a matter of who's gonna get the most votes. Which will probably be a close, close, close one to decide who wins. Maybe even a tie! >_<

To be honest with you though, I really think Barrack Obama's gonna make it! He's just better with people, at least that's what I think. I think that one should run for President and the other for Vice.

Newbie Emo_angel may be famous one day Emo_angel may be famous one day Emo_angel's Avatar
    Thanks

If obama wins,someones gonna assasinate him (cause he looks african american).If Hilory wins,alot of people aren't gonna support her,and they might have her impeached.So either way,were screwed.

Otaku ILikeApples5520 is off to a good start ILikeApples5520's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Emo_angel View Post
    If obama wins,someones gonna assasinate him (cause he looks african american).If Hilory wins,alot of people aren't gonna support her,and they might have her impeached.So either way,were screwed.
    I don't look at it in such a negative way. I mean, its not like the 2004 elections.
    LOL

I've made my opinion clear that i'm rooting for obama, but i dont think he's going to get assasinated 4 2 reasons,

1. People are much more accepting of African-Americans today

2. Some people from the kkk or something are probably gonna try to assasinate him, but these days security for the President and Presidential candidates is much tighter.

Thanks to _gwenibe_ for this awesome sig!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast