+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: HIV/AIDS and kids.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Question HIV/AIDS and kids.

Now, I know that it doesn't really happen much in this country, but I still thought that it should be discussed. Because it has and CAN happen here.

Check out this article--Parents boycott India school after HIV kids allowed back - Yahoo! News

It pretty much talks about how parents are pulling thier kids out of school, because some kids with HIV returned to that school. Now we all know that unless someone's bleeding and spraying blood all over the place, there is no chance in hell of anyone catching the virus, unless they're, uh... Y'know... Havin' sex and all that.

I want to know why people feel it's okay to shun these kids--who've probably done nothing wrong and were BORN with the virus--and make them feel worse. No child should have to deal with persecution on this kind of level.

What do you think?

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: HIV/AIDS and kids.

I totaly agree with you... having HIV is not a reason to shut out kids from school and push them back since it doesn't spread with the air or smth... And those kids are propably really not guilty to have the virus... it's wrong to make them pay...

I think those people, who take out thier kids because of this just don't know about the fact that you can get HIV only from blood or having sex, some eduacating programmes should be released...

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lasura View Post
    I totally agree with you... having HIV is not a reason to shut out kids from school and push them back since it doesn't spread with the air or smth... And those kids are probably really not guilty to have the virus... it's wrong to make them pay...

I think those people, who take out their kids because of this just don't know about the fact that you can get HIV only from blood or having sex, some educating programmer should be released...
    Yeah, but what if some got into a fight and both got open wounds. I know it highly unlikely, but someone could be infected that way? So in a way i see the parents point of view even know its a little harsh.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

I totaly agree with you... having HIV is not a reason to shut out kids from school and push them back since it doesn't spread with the air or smth... And those kids are propably really not guilty to have the virus... it's wrong to make them pay...

I think those people, who take out thier kids because of this just don't know about the fact that you can get HIV only from blood or having sex, some eduacating programmes should be released...
    Right. But I'd assume that they already have educational awareness for HIV/AIDS. If they don't, then they are way behind the times. Did you know that some people still think that HIV/AIDS is a homosexual disease? People with HIV get treated like black people in a KKK meeting. It upsets me to no end.

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    Yeah, but what if some got into a fight and both got open wounds. I know it highly unlikely, but someone could be infected that way? So in a way i see the parents point of view even know its a little harsh.
    True, true. But how often do we see fist-fights of that calibur in an elementary school. If it were high school, then yeah; we'd see some teeth flyin', LOL. But I don't think that a small child would have that kind of strength--especially one with AIDS.

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    Yea... I was thinking about this too... it could be a problem a well as girls toilets...

But some simple security activities could fix this, just informing children would be enough...

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    Right. But I'd assume that they already have educational awareness for HIV/AIDS. If they don't, then they are way behind the times. Did you know that some people still think that HIV/AIDS is a homosexual disease? People with HIV get treated like black people in a KKK meeting. It upsets me to no end.
    Yes, I did know that... That doesn't surprise me that much... Believe me, there are enough of uneducated people...

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Thanks

Yea... I was thinking about this too... it could be a problem a well as girls toilets...

But some simple security activities could fix this, just informing children would be enough...

Yes, I did know that... That doesn't surprise me that much... Believe me, there are enough of uneducated people...

Funny. I was gonna ask a stupid question about girls toilets, then I thought about it, "Oh wait! Girls bleed down there!" LOL.

Yeah, if ignorance is bliss, then they must be some extremely happy people.

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

i feel this isn just ignorance on the parents
    part because this happend back in the early
    80's with a kid here in the US when aids was
    just being noticed the kids name was Ryan White
    i think that was his last name the school parents
    and even some of the kids were to the extreams.

he finaly was forced to have home schooling after a
    while and the school board had its hands tied since AID/HIV
    was still unknown about it was sad and the kid died from the
    aids virus and how he got it was through a blood transfusion
    atelast that what i remember but the pareants feard what they didnt
    understand.

thats why they feel its ok to take there kids out from school
    parents shouldnt be so harsh to the child when the child has
    done nothing wrong.
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

Well I find it pitiful to shun kids with HIV/AIDS just because their child might catch it. What are they going to do next force children with the virus into a institution like school so that in their opinion they are surrounded by "their type". That is so wrong they are going back to having racism even if it's not skin color. I know that these kids probably get made fun of because of this virus but it still doesn't give people the right to try and take them out of school. These children have the same rights as everyone else and deserves to get the same education. If parents want to be so childish as to remove their child then let them go ahead and do it. What are they going to do next lock them in a room for the rest of their lives so they don't come in contact with a person that has HIV/AIDS. Their child can only be sheltered from so much before it's to much.
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™

Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast