+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: HIV/AIDS and kids.

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: HIV/AIDS and kids.

KIDS are stupid. They most likely got the HIV/AIDS from having SEX. They knew very well the risk they were taking, and decided to give in. THEIR fault. Yes, some kids are born with it, and that is a sad fact; but that usually isn't the case. The case is the couple decides to have sex, but SOMEONE decides not to say anything because they'll feel it'll ruin the mood, or scare the other away. And the other person is stupid for wanting sex in the first place. They are children, and children should WAIT instead of being foolish.

Now, I don't think that children who have HIV/AIDS should be shunned by others because first off, it isn't right. Any kind of discrimination is wrong and shouldn't happen. However, that's life. You'll always have those bastards who'll call on you just because you have a type of flaw, be it your skin color, your accent, your originality, anything! However; I feel that it isn't really a 'shunning' type action that the parents are pulling towards the HIV-infected kids. I feel it's more of a safety precaution. Open wounds could have major effects, dating could start... and ultimately sex. But that shouldn't give the parents of the kids w/o HIV the right to 'pick' on them. If they think that shunning the HIV/AIDS kids will prevent THEIR children from having sex and getting infected.. well then they have another thing coming for them. Because facts are facts. When it comes to sex, it's up to the individual at hand and how stupid of a choice they make.

But if it's for safety; preventing the possibilty of THEIR kids from retrieving HIV by open wounds and whatnot, then I say they have a right to be worried. But they don't have the right to talk nasty towards those kids. Or shun them away.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ky-lyrra View Post
    Well I find it pitiful to shun kids with HIV/AIDS just because their child might catch it. What are they going to do next force children with the virus into a institution like school so that in their opinion they are surrounded by "their type". That is so wrong they are going back to having racism even if it's not skin color. I know that these kids probably get made fun of because of this virus but it still doesn't give people the right to try and take them out of school. These children have the same rights as everyone else and deserves to get the same education. If parents want to be so childish as to remove their child then let them go ahead and do it. What are they going to do next lock them in a room for the rest of their lives so they don't come in contact with a person that has HIV/AIDS. Their child can only be sheltered from so much before it's to much.
    LOL. "Let's take all the un-infected children and lock them in a bubble for the rest of thier lives!" Yeah, make your children's immune system just as bad as if they HAD HIV/AIDS!

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    KIDS are stupid. They most likely got the HIV/AIDS from having SEX. They knew very well the risk they were taking, and decided to give in. THEIR fault. Yes, some kids are born with it, and that is a sad fact; but that usually isn't the case. The case is the couple decides to have sex, but SOMEONE decides not to say anything because they'll feel it'll ruin the mood, or scare the other away. And the other person is stupid for wanting sex in the first place. They are children, and children should WAIT instead of being foolish.

Now, I don't think that children who have HIV/AIDS should be shunned by others because first off, it isn't right. Any kind of discrimination is wrong and shouldn't happen. However, that's life. You'll always have those bastards who'll call on you just because you have a type of flaw, be it your skin color, your accent, your originality, anything! However; I feel that it isn't really a 'shunning' type action that the parents are pulling towards the HIV-infected kids. I feel it's more of a safety precaution. Open wounds could have major effects, dating could start... and ultimately sex. But that shouldn't give the parents of the kids w/o HIV the right to 'pick' on them. If they think that shunning the HIV/AIDS kids will prevent THEIR children from having sex and getting infected.. well then they have another thing coming for them. Because facts are facts. When it comes to sex, it's up to the individual at hand and how stupid of a choice they make.

But if it's for safety; preventing the possibilty of THEIR kids from retrieving HIV by open wounds and whatnot, then I say they have a right to be worried. But they don't have the right to talk nasty towards those kids. Or shun them away.
    Right, but how many children in elementary school are having sex these days? Chances are it's slim to none. Plus this is in India, a culture quite different from ours. So I find it highly implausible--I say implausible because it IS possible--that these kids are having sex this early.

One more thing: How many kids show up to school with an open wound anyway? "Yeah, I just got cut by a razor. I'm gonna go to school and bleed all over everybody!" Again, highly implausible. Even if a person doesn't have HIV/AIDS, most people aren't gonna touch another person's blood with thier bare hands--or any other body part for that matter.

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    LOL. "Let's take all the un-infected children and lock them in a bubble for the rest of thier lives!" Yeah, make your children's immune system just as bad as if they HAD HIV/AIDS!
    That is what I'm thinking. If you keep your child away from things like these don't you think they are going to want to go and do what you are trying so hard to protect them from? Yes they are!! That is what children do.

Right, but how many children in elementary school are having sex these days? Chances are it's slim to none. Plus this is in India, a culture quite different from ours. So I find it highly implausible--I say implausible because it IS possible--that these kids are having sex this early.

One more thing: How many kids show up to school with an open wound anyway? "Yeah, I just got cut by a razor. I'm gonna go to school and bleed all over everybody!" Again, highly implausible. Even if a person doesn't have HIV/AIDS, most people aren't gonna touch another person's blood with thier bare hands--or any other body part for that matter.
    In India you have the high risk of HIV/AIDS all because "sex" as people say. Though Atomik is right I do not think that elementary children are going to be going around having sex with each other. The only way I see a child that young having HIV/AIDS is if they are how can I put this delicately being sold out as children to other people or they are born with it. Open wounds at school don't you think a teacher would do something about that when they see what is going on? I believe they would. How can we stop a child with HIV/AIDS from getting hurt? The truth is you can't no matter how hard you try they are children they will always fall and get cuts or scraps. That's what children do. Are you going to watch the child's every move. Well then I guess you should just do that for all the children then. Or you know you could just stop worrying so much. I know that there is no cure for it but you can't really stop it from happening.
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™

Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

Newbie NekoGirlMaya is off to a good start
    Thanks

maybe its the parents' ignorance to the subject? maybe they dont know but either way, it is messed up. i dont really have much to say about the subject. all i know is that people souldnt be like that. i mean, i'd understand if the kid had meningitis or something like that. but like you said, the other kids cant get it unless they are having sex with them or their blood gets in them somehow

Thanks

"How many children in elementary schools are having sex these days?"
    Why many of course!
    The ages of having sexual intercourse get increasingly younger by the minute! I am serious. I am.

And how many kids show up at school with an open wound?
    Not many. But elementary kids are stupid and like to run on cement floors.,
    "BLLOOODDD!!"

Get me?

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ky-lyrra View Post

That is what I'm thinking. If you keep your child away from things like these don't you think they are going to want to go and do what you are trying so hard to protect them from? Yes they are!! That is what children do.

In India you have the high risk of HIV/AIDS all because "sex" as people say. Though Atomik is right I do not think that elementary children are going to be going around having sex with each other. The only way I see a child that young having HIV/AIDS is if they are how can I put this delicately being sold out as children to other people or they are born with it. Open wounds at school don't you think a teacher would do something about that when they see what is going on? I believe they would. How can we stop a child with HIV/AIDS from getting hurt? The truth is you can't no matter how hard you try they are children they will always fall and get cuts or scraps. That's what children do. Are you going to watch the child's every move. Well then I guess you should just do that for all the children then. Or you know you could just stop worrying so much. I know that there is no cure for it but you can't really stop it from happening.
    Ha ha! Time to chase your kids around with a pillow, LOL! ^_^

"How many children in elementary schools are having sex these days?"
    Why many of course!
    The ages of having sexual intercourse get increasingly younger by the minute! I am serious. I am.

And how many kids show up at school with an open wound?
    Not many. But elementary kids are stupid and like to run on cement floors.,
    "BLLOOODDD!!"

Get me?
    True. Kids are having sex at younger ages these days. But, in India? Where religion and culture rule all? Highly doubtful. We're talking about a country whose men bury their daughters alive if they aren't born male! >_< (I'm not sure if it's legal or not anymore. When I first heard of those incidents, it was the year 1998)

Don't get me wrong. I'm not from India, nor have I ever lived there. But, I'm fairly certain that there's more kids here having sex at an early age than there are in India.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

KIDS are stupid. They most likely got the HIV/AIDS from having SEX.
    actually... no, no... that's not it at all...

children have HIV/AIDS not becuz they have sex (that only counts for a very small, almost infantasimal percent), but becuz it was contracted by birth. When they pass through the womb and into the world, the disease comes from that passing since it comes from the bodily fluids of the mother. Also, it's possible that they contracted it from low quality drinking water and other such things... (as a side note: it's a myth in Africa that if you have sex with a virgin, you will be cured of the disease, thusly, lots of young girls are raped, contract the disease, and most likely give birth... so, the cycle continues)...

as for the kids getting pulled out... i could see why parents would be concerned... have you ever told a child something... and they actually listened and understood and followed what you said? i highly doubt it... i think it'd be best if (there's no better way to put this) the HIV kids were home schooled until they got to around middle-high school age, so both them and their peers are more aware of the illness and are more mature about handling it...

Thanks

You can get HIV from drinking water?

I have never heard of this.

I also read that kids contract HIV by getting it from their partner who never told them (or didn't know) they had it themself. But I highly doubt that the percentage of people who have HIV/AIDS got it from their mother.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast