+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Homeless, Losers or victims of Circumstance?

super effective Last Man Standing Champion FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Homeless

Aw, c'mon you guys this is in the debate section, shouldn't we be arguing about them not detailing our thoughts?

To humor you and start the debate I'll give an opinion from one side, I'd really like it if someone challenged the opinion and started a debate.

The homeless are without the luxuries of the common folk because they decided to give up. Whether they ruined themselves or someone else did it is still their fault for continuing to be homeless. The people in New Orleans are rebuilding their homes and lives, in other words, trying.

They lay around on the streets and beg for this and that meanwhile the day is wasting away. While they were begging they could have been looking into job opportunities or finding some kind of rehabilitation center if they have an addiction that is keeping them on the streets.

There are shelters and safe places for these people to rest and have at least one warm meal a day and yet people still feel sorry for them because they choose to stay out in the snow and shun the help they were offered.

People who stay on the street and sell themselves for drugs or don't try to regain their lives deserve all that the cruel world or poverty throws at them.

(This is not my opinion on the homeless, I just like taking the 'bad' side 'cause it's more fun and I get to learn more about myself.)
    the love you withhold is the pain you carry.

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

this isn't really much of a debatable thread... more a Cyber Lounge thread.

~Moving~
    Last edited by Sazzy; Jan 26, 2007 at 07:31 PM.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Abomination Smacky Champion, Celebrity Power Lifte Champion, Crash Test Dummy High Jump Champion, Super Track 2001 Champion, Endless Flight Champion, Drop Kick Champion, Bloody Rage Champion, Dropkick The Faint Champion, Splash Back Champion Spin Da Ish is off to a good start Spin Da Ish's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exderz View Post
    i don't feel sry for them only for the old or broken leg or nose or arms...some young ppl are just LAZY go get a job at least...i don't feel sry for those ppl. like wat i always said u can never get stuff just by doing nothing..ever thing there is a coast to it.

This man speaks the truth but when you do give money to them, more than 90% of them go blow it on drugs or booze. Thats not what u want them doing instead of money for food and shelter. These people have no idea what thier gonna do with themselves so i just pass them knowing that even if i gave them money they would kill themselves with alchaol and drugs

Newbie Cobra_Commander is just another face in the crowd Cobra_Commander's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dancy_SAZ View Post
    this isn't really much of a debatable thread... more a Cyber Lounge thread.

~Moving~

Actually, it IS meant to be a debate. I started it off with people's thoughts so other members can read it and debate on the opinions of others. I didn't type a long response because 1. I didn't have time to and 2. I wanted to be able to read a few responses before giving my own. I now have time to so please return the thread.

I do not think homeless people have to be homeless. Yes, some people do get kicked out of their homes but I am sure they can contact a friend or relative who will take them in until they get back on their feet. Everyone has friends. Everyone has family. If someone knows they are homeless, they wont leave their friend/relative on the streets.

I never give them change. Jobs are NOT as hard to get as people think. They just don't want to work. Why do I say this? Because there is a little something called the classifieds. There are also tons of job agencies. I've had my job for 4 years now and I got it by going to an agency and they put me there. It's not hard to do. I walked in on a Wednesday and was working on the Monday. Sitting on a corner and begging people for money is too easy so they choose to do it. I really don't see why they can't find a job because there are a lot of jobs where you don't even need to have a high school diploma.

I feel bad for some of them but others come across as fakers. They're "poor" yet they have brand name clothes on, something a poor person wouldn't be able to afford. Others choose to run away and live on the streets. I am not going to give my hard earned money to someone just because they didn't want to live at home anymore. That's the choice they made and I'm not paying for it.

A lot of them want money but when you offer to help them get work or offer them to get lunch, they turn you down. Kinda strange for someone who is poor, don't you think? You'd figure they would LOVE to get something to eat or get a job so they don't have to live on the streets anymore.

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

This is a debateble thread. The homeless problem is a serious debate.

Newbie Cobra_Commander is just another face in the crowd Cobra_Commander's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post

Thank you. That is why I thought it was a good topic to bring up. People's views on them are very different and it's a subject where people question how homeless they really are, especially after some of the stories we read, such as the Shaky Lady, for those who live near Toronto.

She was apparently poor and people felt sorry for her because she was old and "sick" so they gave her money. It was later found out she owned a place with a big screen TV and nice, expensive furniture.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    Ok, ill move it but i better see some debating.

Otaku bugsbunnyz may be famous one day bugsbunnyz may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: The Homeless, Losers or victims of Circumstance?

One of my friends was homeless for a couple of months, (not long I know) but he was a victim of circumstance, I helped him out as much as I could, and from what he told me it was a rough life, he got assulted a few times, and loads of abuse thrown at him.

England has alot of government run facilities for helping homeless, but alot of them involved contacting a family member which is what he didn't want. So he pretty much was all on his own, eventually he got himself out of it and is back to his normal life, but he still says that the only people who really notice the homeless, are the bad people.

Me personally, I choose not to involve myself, in a positive way or a negative way, I know it sounds extremely selfish and it is, but it's just something I don't want to have to deal with unless I know the full story.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast