+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The Homeless, Losers or victims of Circumstance?

Retired frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Homeless, Losers or victims of Circumstance?

Some of the homeless are in their situation because they were dealt a bad hand in life, while others are in that sitation due to their own ineptitude or lazyness. Regardless however, I simply walk past them in that I do not believe in charity.

I base this on the fact that the main point of 'economics' is to keep yourself above the poor, giving to them lowers your networth whilst raising theirs.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Homeless

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Commander View Post
    I do not think homeless people have to be homeless. Yes, some people do get kicked out of their homes but I am sure they can contact a friend or relative who will take them in until they get back on their feet. Everyone has friends. Everyone has family. If someone knows they are homeless, they wont leave their friend/relative on the streets.

I never give them change. Jobs are NOT as hard to get as people think. They just don't want to work. Why do I say this? Because there is a little something called the classifieds. There are also tons of job agencies. I've had my job for 4 years now and I got it by going to an agency and they put me there. It's not hard to do. I walked in on a Wednesday and was working on the Monday. Sitting on a corner and begging people for money is too easy so they choose to do it. I really don't see why they can't find a job because there are a lot of jobs where you don't even need to have a high school diploma.
    See, now that depends on which kind of homeless you are talking about.

There are two types. The temporary homeless who have fallen on hard times and the chronically homeless who have chosen to be either through dependencies or mental illness. The best you can do for the second is provide some charitable donation through an agency that can be trusted and also can give them the medical and psychological assistance they need.

I assume you are talking about the first though.

Two points. Not everyone has somewhere they can go to. Yes, there are people who will leave their family and "friends" on the streets. That is why there are shelters. Secondly, just because you an get a job does not mean that it pays enough to get you off the street. It is not uncommon for someone (and their family) to be homeless for a year or so while they save enough money to get off the streets. In fact I believe the average time for homelessness is 1-2 years for that reason. The question is do you care enough to help provide (through agencies) for their basic needs of food, clothes, and shelter while they are doing that. That is why it's called charity.

Why do I keep saying agencies? Because there are pretenders out there who choose begging as a career. I do not believe you should ever give money to people on the streets. If they say they need food, give them food, see what they do with it. Money though should go through an agency that you can trust to provide for their needs.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Abomination Smacky Champion, Celebrity Power Lifte Champion, Crash Test Dummy High Jump Champion, Super Track 2001 Champion, Endless Flight Champion, Drop Kick Champion, Bloody Rage Champion, Dropkick The Faint Champion, Splash Back Champion Spin Da Ish is off to a good start Spin Da Ish's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bugsbunnyz View Post
    One of my friends was homeless for a couple of months, (not long I know) but he was a victim of circumstance, I helped him out as much as I could, and from what he told me it was a rough life, he got assulted a few times, and loads of abuse thrown at him.

England has alot of government run facilities for helping homeless, but alot of them involved contacting a family member which is what he didn't want. So he pretty much was all on his own, eventually he got himself out of it and is back to his normal life, but he still says that the only people who really notice the homeless, are the bad people.

Me personally, I choose not to involve myself, in a positive way or a negative way, I know it sounds extremely selfish and it is, but it's just something I don't want to have to deal with unless I know the full story.
    Aww i feel really bad for that person. See you must know the history of each homless person to actually see if you can give them money. If you gave money to random people they would trust you to give them money later on. I've learned this yesterday when i gave 5 dollars to some homless person and b4 i could give it to him he swiped it from me and ran. I guess he wasn't that innocent after all. That was my fault

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frr_Vegeta View Post
    Some of the homeless are in their situation because they were dealt a bad hand in life, while others are in that sitation due to their own ineptitude or lazyness. Regardless however, I simply walk past them in that I do not believe in charity.

I base this on the fact that the main point of 'economics' is to keep yourself above the poor, giving to them lowers your networth whilst raising theirs.
    This ture some of the homeless are in their situation because they were dealt a bad hand in life like there house burnig down or some thing , while others are in that sitation due to own falt like spending all there money on durgs.

To look at it like u do vegeta just to walk past them is kinda cold in my opinion what if u know that person that u walk past??
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

Abomination Smacky Champion, Celebrity Power Lifte Champion, Crash Test Dummy High Jump Champion, Super Track 2001 Champion, Endless Flight Champion, Drop Kick Champion, Bloody Rage Champion, Dropkick The Faint Champion, Splash Back Champion Spin Da Ish is off to a good start Spin Da Ish's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by koga23 View Post
    This ture some of the homeless are in their situation because they were dealt a bad hand in life like there house burnig down or some thing , while others are in that sitation due to own falt like spending all there money on durgs.

To look at it like u do vegeta just to walk past them is kinda cold in my opinion what if u know that person that u walk past??
    Im sort of use to that feeling. My house was burned down by my baby brother knocking down a candle in his sleep. Well i cant blame him but he did do it. We had to live on the street for one day. Belive me its not as un as you think. its always cold and stuff but im still on where i stand about giving the homeless money or not

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3