+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Homosexual Lifestyle

Otaku Stickicide 2 Champion starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036's Avatar
    Thanks

The Homosexual Lifestyle

Ah... It seems that "gay" is under alot of termoil these days. Wether from Katy Perry's I Kissed a Girl, to that unforgetable kiss shared between Madonna and Britany Spears. When everything gets put out in the open it is as if a riot starts among people. Why? I mean, just what's the big deal, ya know? From George Michaels to Elton John to the girls of T.a.T.u., it's always been in the spotlight. Why? Just because they are "gay"?
    Have you noticed how many fans Lance Bass has lost since he "came out of the closet"? I think that it's really stupid. I mean, it isn't like he is not the same guy you knew and loved when N'Sync first came under the spotlight, he just likes a different shlew of things than a "normal human" male. I want to know why "gay" is such a big darned deal.

Otaku DemonicKagomeTahoshi is off to a good start DemonicKagomeTahoshi's Avatar
    Always with my lover in his hearts, or with him no matter what
    Thanks

Re: The Homosexual Lifestyle

to most people it's just how they are, it's not genetics, or it might be... all i'm saying is that if people want to be gay, lesbian, bisexual, or whatever, they should be able to say what they like, and not be judged, by it.

Cherubic Flash Pegs Champion, Chaos Theory Champion, Booya Champion, Word Up Champion, Angel Differences Champion mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel's Avatar
    Thanks

On the contrary, I don't find homosexuality such a big deal at all. I can understand what you're getting at though, and the answer is simple: differing values. While I'm not a strictly religious person, I believe that the Bible would tell you that homosexuality is a sin. Therefore, Christians would believe that all homosexuals have sinned. It's the main reason why Katy Perry's parents, both pastors, have adamantly disapproved of the lyrics to her song, "I kissed a girl", because in their eyes, her song promotes homosexuality.

As for those who have yet to accept the notion of homosexuality, you might need to understand their situation first before making rash judgments. For example, have you ever wondered why older people (say, middle-aged to the elderly), tend to be a bit more jittery around homosexuals? The answer is simple: homosexuality used to be considered a mental illness. In the past, people were sent to psychiatric wards, simply for preferring partners of the same sex. If you grew up believing that all homosexuals were mentally ill persons, wouldn't you agree that it might be more difficult for you to accept the notion of homosexuality?

I hope no one here is homophobic, but the reality is, there are people who are afraid of homosexuals. Generally speaking, when you're afraid of something (or someone), you seek to eliminate that something (or someone). If you can't eliminate that something (or someone), then you tend to avoid that something (or someone). In other words, a homophobic person would never mesh well with a homosexual, and hence why homosexuals are such a big deal to homophobic people.

I just thought I'd point out that the members of t.A.T.u. are not actually lesbians. Their "supposed" homosexuality was merely a concoction as part of the group's image.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mystical shadow angel For This Useful Post:

dark anime prince (Oct 18, 2008), Peach_follows (Oct 18, 2008)

Fallen Angel PhoenixSara may be famous one day PhoenixSara's Avatar
    I am in between Heaven's Gate and Hell.Angels are not supposed to fall but i did.
    Thanks

it is a choice of a life style same as someone coming out and saying they are bisexuals. And i don't see anything wrong with a choice as long as you are happy and can say you have no regrets.
    "In your arms is where i will be, I love you till my forever ends."
    Clan Rainstorm 2nd Company, Kunoichi Leader
    PhoenixSara FB / Click Me IMVU/Atlantis RPG/Rules and FAQ/MY BLOG /

Otaku Stickicide 2 Champion starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixSara View Post
    it is a choice of a life style same as someone coming out and saying they are bisexuals. And i don't see anything wrong with a choice as long as you are happy and can say you have no regrets.
    In a way, we are both right and wrong about these views on why people hate it so much. Take Tila Tequila foe example, EVERYONE loved her show when it was on the air. It was like second or third in ratings. So what's the difference between her and Lance Bass?

§-Breakdown-§ Breakout Champion, Bubble Popper Champion Akura13 may be famous one day Akura13's Avatar
    Thanks

Ah, well...I'm taking a wild guess here, but I think it's based on what types of fans Singers/Actors have...

I mean, if you have fans who are really against it, they're going to go down the drains. If you have fans that don't really care and are just dedicated to the music, then they're going to stay famouse. It just all depends on if fans 'like' that sort of thing. Like, for example, me. I admit, I'm a yaoi fan, so when I see J-Rockers do that sort of stuff on stage, I'm okay with it...

So, it mostly depends on fans and if they accept if the singers/actors are 'gay' or not...

Phantasmagoria Lives On In The Hearts Of Their Fans, Japanese AND English!
    "Because it's okay to hide your tears." - LM.C (Lovely Mocochang)

Newbie PointlessWings is off to a good start PointlessWings's Avatar
    Thanks

I think people make a big deal out of nothing. A Homosexual lifestyle is just the life of a normal person who just happens to be a homosexual. Just like a heterosexuals lifestyle is the life a person who just happens to be attracted to the opposite sex. The difference is Heterosexual lifestyle is more accept in today's society. I don't see anything wrong with the homosexual lifestyle. If society saw more homosexuals in daily life than this issue wouldn't be a problem. Homosexuals and Heterosexuals want the same thing, to be happy.

Newbie BeyondLogic is off to a good start BeyondLogic's Avatar
    Thanks

honestly i don't really care but i don't like the fact that people are telling others how to live their life because i no they wouldn't like it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast