+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 17 to 22 of 22

Thread: The Homosexual Lifestyle

  1. #17
    Newbie Moonlit Paradise is off to a good start Moonlit Paradise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    27
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts

    Re: The Homosexual Lifestyle

    Quote Originally Posted by Peach_follows View Post
    However, as much as gay people are made to be victims in society ... I tend to feel weird about that because A: I see many homosexuals drawing attention to their lifestyle.
    WOW, how can they not draw attention to their lifestyle? They're gay! OF COURSE they're going to be drawing attention to themselves. I mean, not everyone is attracted to the same sex, and not everyone acts on their feelings. So to see two guys walking down a street holding hands makes one go, "What the hell...?" But to see a guy and a girl walking down a street holding hands is just another piece of dust in the wind. They're doing the exact same thing, and yet we notice the gay couple only.


    Quote Originally Posted by Peach_follows View Post
    In a way they form a whole society based on a sxual preference. Gay bars, Gay parades. I heard that in my state, there is talk that maybe soon, there'll be a highschool specifically for gay students. I mean.... it goes a little to far don't you think?
    No, not really. I mean the highschool.. there is absolutely no need for doing that. But the bars and parades and clubs... there's no problem with that, in my opinion. I mean, they just want to go to a place where they'll feel comfortable. Where they'll feel okay going up to a bar and buying a drink for a girl, when they're a girl themselves. I mean, you can't really do that in a regular bar. It's sort of difficult. But in a gay bar.. that would be A-Okay ! See where we're headed with this?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peach_follows View Post
    So, when homosexuals are making huge deals over their sexuality... They are basically asking for judgement. My mother raised me that it was rude to discuss things of a sexuall nature in public. So why do we need to have such big movements over the issue? Why do Gays find it important to inform the world? Gay people have been around as long as humanity!
    True. Gay people have been around for a while. However, it wasn't as big a deal then as it is now. It wasn't the same taboo. To be gay then wasn't "To Be Gay". It was just, "Oh, I'm a woman and have feelings for this woman. Okay." It really wasn't a big deal back then. Being "gay" is fairly recent, the term anyway. And so that's why its becoming such a big deal and that's why a lot of gays are in the closet because society hasn't completely accepted them yet. Which I find terribly ridiculous because they are people just like everyone else, with feelings, just like everyone else. It's stupid, really. And so society, not the gay society, but "them" in general are really the only ones making the big deal - trying to scientifically prove that being attracted to the same sex is a defect in hormone structure or whatnot, saying "man and wife" all the time, and not something more universal.. I mean it is us who are making the big deal. Not them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Peach_follows View Post
    B: (my second reason) is that homsexuality has become a trend. So now we really shouldn't view homosexuals as victims..... That would be like victimizing the people with the coolest pair of shoes.

    Note: One good reason I've seen homosexuals rally, is for the right to marry. In the case of standing up for equal rights... I think its FINE to make your preferences more obvious.
    So, it's only okay for "regular people" to go to bars and hit on each other.. and not gays? Yeah, gays can do it at regular clubs.. but it isn't accepted as much as it would be in a gay one. Which is why they developed such places.

    Is it only okay for us to celebrate Christmas and anniversaries and whatnot, but not okay for gays to celebrate who they are? Why must they hide it? That doesn't seem fair to me, now does it?

    Homosexuals have just as many rights as do Heterosexuals. Just as much right to open gay clubs, open gay bars, celebrate gay parades as do we in celebrating religion, opening clubs... bars...

    It is a cycle, and gays just want to take part of it. In an open manner. Now, you're not used to this, you yourself said you were raised not to worry about it and just brush it off. And now that this lifestyle has become more open in our society, you are realizing all the little things that have come along with it, becoming more acceptable in our society.

    But, since you are against it or questioning it.. obviously it hasn't become "accepable". Because you are not the only one that feels this way. And so gays are trying to make a statement to say, "hello, wake up. Get over yourself. We're people, JUST LIKE YOU ! "

  2. #18
    Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Friendly Fridley
    Posts
    1,477
    Thanks
    124
    Thanked 140 Times in 121 Posts

    Re: The Homosexual Lifestyle

    @moonlit
    I dunno... on one hand I see your point about gay bars, I guess it would be hard to fish out who's gay in a "regular" bar. I mean... I still am against the concept of it... because I wish they could just go where everyone else goes. But with homophobic pricks out there, I guess a safer place for gay courting is neccesary.

    I still feel like many homosexuals make too big a deal about there own sexuality. And Im speaking about this from experience of knowing many gay people.

    I should retract my statement where I said gays are basically asking to be judged... That was actually really wrong of me and I apologize to anyone that may have offended. because thats not REALLY how I feel. I really disslike homophobic people as much as I disslike racists. I wish we lived n a world where descrimination didn't exsist.
    However, I still think its futile to draw attention to a certian aspect of oneself THAT SHOULD BE MORE PRIVATE, and then get upset when the attention is bad.

    I dont think public displays of affection between 2 gay people should be frowned apon any more than it is between 2 straight people. Do I notice two gay people holding hands... yeah. But not because I dont accept it. (when you're lonely you notice everyone holding hands) In fact... If any PDA is in my view... I am likely to watch. You wouldn't get freaky in public if you didn't want spectators.
    Is it only okay for us to celebrate Christmas and anniversaries and whatnot, but not okay for gays to celebrate who they are? Why must they hide it? That doesn't seem fair to me, now does it?
    Christmas is not a sexual thing... maybe an anniversary can end up being sexual... but is celebrating a partenership... not celebrating what it is you like to do in the bedroom. I see no reason why gay people shouldnt celebrate religious holidays or anniversarys. But why is there a parade for sexual preferences? I've never gone to a doggy style parade. I take pride in oral sex... but there are no bumper stickers for that. "Head Pride" no one would even get it. Would anyone even consider a highschool for students with foot fetishes? I mean, I am sure If I walked around telling people "I like it best with my legs above my head" I might get descriminated against. someone would probably judge me. But I dont tell people that..... because its private. (until now)
    ... Not Ever Again...

  3. #19
    Fallen Angel PhoenixSara may be famous one day PhoenixSara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    I am in between Heaven's Gate and Hell.Angels are not supposed to fall but i did.
    Posts
    1,041
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked 59 Times in 55 Posts

    Re: The Homosexual Lifestyle

    Quote Originally Posted by starfire1036 View Post
    In a way, we are both right and wrong about these views on why people hate it so much. Take Tila Tequila foe example, EVERYONE loved her show when it was on the air. It was like second or third in ratings. So what's the difference between her and Lance Bass?
    here is the thing, i have friends who tried to be straight by definition of norms and society and they were miserable. i don't think that being gay is definition of being useful to society or not. it's if you harm people when you are a useless person. so being gay shouldn't be a problem. I'd rather see my friends happy than miserable.
    "In your arms is where i will be, I love you till my forever ends."
    Clan Rainstorm 2nd Company, Kunoichi Leader
    PhoenixSara FB / Click Me IMVU/Atlantis RPG/Rules and FAQ/MY BLOG /

  4. #20
    Otaku Stickicide 2 Champion starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    375
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 47 Times in 45 Posts

    Re: The Homosexual Lifestyle

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonlit Paradise View Post



    True. Gay people have been around for a while. However, it wasn't as big a deal then as it is now. It wasn't the same taboo. To be gay then wasn't "To Be Gay". It was just, "Oh, I'm a woman and have feelings for this woman. Okay." It really wasn't a big deal back then. Being "gay" is fairly recent, the term anyway. And so that's why its becoming such a big deal and that's why a lot of gays are in the closet because society hasn't completely accepted them yet. Which I find terribly ridiculous because they are people just like everyone else, with feelings, just like everyone else. It's stupid, really. And so society, not the gay society, but "them" in general are really the only ones making the big deal - trying to scientifically prove that being attracted to the same sex is a defect in hormone structure or whatnot, saying "man and wife" all the time, and not something more universal.. I mean it is us who are making the big deal. Not them.



    "
    well gays back then were beaten and killed because of it... put in psyc-wards and everything... if you think it wasnt a big deal then thats your opinion but if you lived then, you would know more about it

  5. #21
    Newbie Moonlit Paradise is off to a good start Moonlit Paradise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    27
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts

    Re: The Homosexual Lifestyle

    Quote Originally Posted by starfire1036 View Post
    well gays back then were beaten and killed because of it... put in psyc-wards and everything... if you think it wasnt a big deal then thats your opinion but if you lived then, you would know more about it
    hun, we've been talking about it in AP Literature. Being "gay" wasn't aknowledged then. They weren't beaten. It depends on the era. I'm talking way back, like when Sappho and Catullus lived.

  6. #22
    Otaku clover may be famous one day clover may be famous one day clover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    with my hobby in corpus christi
    Posts
    231
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 27 Times in 24 Posts

    Re: The Homosexual Lifestyle

    I have no problem with any sexual prefrences for anyone, it makes them happy im all for it. But with the way people are raised, and some songs like that it depends on who you talk to.

    homosexuality has been around for a long time, and its also had to have been a secret for people during alot of that time, because of what people could, do, say..things along that line. it wasnt accepted for along time, and alot of people did ended up dead because it was found to be bad, and against alot of what they believed in.

    Now days it is changing to the other derection, but you can still find alot of people who make a big deal out of it do to their beliefs, what they wee taught. theres also he fact of hormones involved with some of it, like bands, and acting stars. "i kissed a girl" is because hormones play into with alot of men, and women want attention from that reaction.

    ..........nothing is true, everything is permitted..........

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Similar Threads

  1. What's a Homosexual?
    By K.A.David in forum Debate and Discuss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Oct 09, 2006, 08:00 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts