Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Homosexuality

Mao
    Newbie Mao is off to a good start Mao's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Homosexuality

Quote Originally Posted by princesslady View Post
    Im sorry hon but that is the controversy. I wasn't going to get into this since we had this thread before, but reading this as a psychology student influenced me. There is the nature v. nurture controversy surrounding the "if u are born gay" theory. personlly, being born gay sounds incredibly stupid. I dont know how else to say it. I think it is how a person is raised and what they see as a child.

Also, I don't have a problem with gay men, but with lesbian women, I have issues.
    I agree, my American comrade. I do not believe people are "born that way", they grow up around a set of factors and make a life-altering decision. People are free to choose their orientation nonetheless so long as they do not violate the rights of others in living out their respective lifestyles.

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    I know this is way off topic, but I really have to ask:

What the hell is with this community and Homosexuality?

Seriously. It really isn't that big of an issue in my books. Its something that has been around since the dawn of dual-sexed species on this planet and will never go away. In the past year and half I can count on two hands the number of topics started on just this subject alone that have gone over 5 or more pages.

Not to mention its the same drivel thats been all been said before.

Here's the kicker, most of it has been by the same people.

Now for the Coup de grâ: Those same people have flipped on their position so many times its really hard for me to give them any merit. And no, I won't tell you who, do your own research.

I think getting worked up over the issue is pointless and futile, and discriminatory.

As for my thoughts on the matter: I don't give two hoots if your gay or not. I only ask that you keep that part of your life private when interacting with me.
    People are free to discuss what they please here, are they not? So will you not "let it slide" instead? After all, there are new people here such as myself who are interested in the opinions of others, not to mention expressing our own thoughts on the matter. Not all of us are as inclined to diligently search past threads as you are.

Perhaps you could suggest to the administrators of this site a list of trite topics to be avoided in the future, if you really have issue with the way things are here.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Here, let me fix that for you:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mao View Post
    People are free to discuss what they please here... to a point
    There is a limit to where we will let discussions go, especially when they trail into the God-head of flame bait threads: Abortion, Homosexuality, and Religion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mao View Post
    Perhaps you could suggest to the administrators of this site a list of trite topics to be avoided in the future, if you really have issue with the way things are here.
    And like you said above, we do allow discussions of all natures here, and won't turn anything away unless it violates one of the sites rules. We have members from all religious backgrounds, sexual preferences, races, and walks of life, and as such, the staff are saddled with the task with making sure that people don't go overboard with discussing these things.

The point I was trying to get at, and what I thought was quite evident, was that this particular topic and been done before and its kinda stale. Beating the dead horse so to speak.

Continuing on...
    Quote Originally Posted by princesslady View Post
    Also, I don't have a problem with gay men, but with lesbian women, I have issues.
    I wasn't really going to touch on this, but after having a quick conversation with one of my ex-girlfriends, a Bi-Sexual woman who I still love dearly and is one of my closest friends, I had just had too.

What exactly is the problem with Lesbians that you have?

And since you said that you don't have an issue with Gay men, its kinda hard for me to get my head around that you would find something alright in one instance, and problematic in an almost identical instance with only one thing changed: the sex of the individuals involved.
    Last edited by aceman67; Jan 24, 2009 at 07:02 AM.

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

*full quote not needed since you are directly responding to my post* ~ Aceman67

To be quite honest, I do not know why there is such difference in my opinion of homosexuality amongst the different genders. If I saw two gay men kissing, i would think it was hot and let them continue. But something about a woman kissing a woman just makes me sick to my stomach. I guess it's the theory of schactner's two-process theory. One emotion supresses another emotion and takes place as the new emotion until you finally unnderstand that you feel just one emotion.

ex: You get in trouble with your mother and you feel scared. any other emotions before that incident are supressed to make u only feel fear.

In my case, I don't feel nothing but disgust when I see two women kiss despite my aceptance and leniency with homosexuality

Also, I don't believe in a bi-sexual. Not to offend you or your ex, but a bi-sexual, in my opinion, is just someone who is confused. They cannot punch the gay ballot since they like the opposite sex; yet, they are also with their own sex. I feel this is confusion and also curousity amongst ones who want to explore and try new things. Bi-sexuality is nothing more than confusion.
    Last edited by aceman67; Jan 25, 2009 at 04:30 AM.

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Newbie MellyDiamond is off to a good start
    Thanks

I agree;
    To me most religion is the same in a way; its based around a god just with different views, so i do believe in god.
    but i'm bi, i don't see any wrong in it.
    i realized i was Bi when i was about 12.
    honestly i don't care about people coming up to me about it.
    and i also like how open mined you are on this topic.
    [:

Devoted Otaku Quick Words Champion, Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Mah Jongg Garden Champion, Haunted House Champion Cheza may be famous one day Cheza may be famous one day Cheza's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EmoNightmareRose View Post
    Ok i just want people's views on this..im in a very thoughtful mood today, so im in the mood of debating, and threadmaking-yay

mine: I think that because the Bible has been rewritten and adapted so many times, and because it is a human written book, i find it as a man-created prejudice against gays. Even if it says it in the bible, think about the days before the printing press, a monk in a room copying the text. i find it hard to believe that god feels we should go out and stone gays, i mean seriously.. and that's radical Hitler-like beliefs.
    and for all the people out there saying
    "sorry, It says in the bible, youre going to hell", many animals are bisexual, and even early depictions of Angels are even depicted as bisexual.
    so i'll end it with this:
    (with the exception of pedophiles) Any love that is love is Right.

and: Thou Shalt Not Judge.

I agree wholeheartedly. Homosexuality is not a sin, and people who are against them are mostly religious fanatics who have too much time in their hands.
    If they really had a desire to live, they would've been more aware of how easy it is to die.

Otaku Utena Tenjo is off to a good start
    Thanks

Well, i Guess the reason its brought up so much it because it's so much a part of our lives. think about it. we think about sex all the time. it can get stale to other people, but when youre confused about something that complex it can rule your life. it sounds stupid, but its a huge part of life. and knowing bi sexuals, its more than confusion. they are attracted to both, i dont know how to explain it.

Otaku Celebrity Fight Club Champion itachigirl is off to a good start
    i could tell you, but id have to kill you
    Thanks

i myself am Bi. its not just confusion. and, by the way i hate those girls that are just bi to be cool, or to be hot, or because bi is 'in'. because they think kissing girls will make guys think theyre hot.
    being bi seems weird, but i am attracted to both sexes equally, and it not very confusing, because its as simple as that.

Newbie XxTwilightLullabyxX is off to a good start XxTwilightLullabyxX's Avatar
    You haven't seen the voodoo dolls in your closet lately, have you?
    Thanks

I honestly think that love is love no matter the gender, race, and preference. I am bisexual, and personally I see nothing wrong with homosexuality. I tell those who are against it that they are just jealous that they don't get the best of both worlds.

Also, I think that being Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual/Transgender is a choice, not the way you were born.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast