Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Is homosexuality a disease or are you born gay?

Newbie msjones171807 is off to a good start msjones171807's Avatar
    Thanks

Is homosexuality a disease or are you born gay?

I saw that there was another thread about gays, and I'm not trying to repeatative but, do you think that Homosexuality is a disease or an Instinct/your born gay?

Reason I ask is because many people say that homosexuality is a disease. It's something that can be helped and taught. But then there are others that say that they are born gay and that it was more than choice to be with someone of the same sex. It was their insticnt, their own personal preference like how the majority of the population has an instinct and personal preference to the opposite sex.

I want to know what you guys personally think.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Is homosexuality a disease or are you born gay?

O_o uh... disease? that's a little ridiculous...

anways, you choose who to love, no matter what that person is.

Otaku Chihiro Miyazaki may be famous one day Chihiro Miyazaki may be famous one day Chihiro Miyazaki's Avatar
    Thanks

A disease?! You have GOT to be kidding me.

Homosexuality is a CHOICE. God made a MAN and a WOMAN. If he meant us to be with the same sex, he would have just made two Adams.

Can't argue that logic. Sorry.

I personally think it's gross. People who make excuses for it are just too afraid to say what they truly feel.

"You can get hurt by loving someone, or you can stay alone by not ever loving someone. Which do you choose? Love always has its risks, but you should never fear them, for they are love's true test."

Newbie nightstarskitty222 is off to a good start nightstarskitty222's Avatar
    Thanks

how the hell would it be a disease.....you are born that way it just takes some people longer than other to figuer out that they are so HELLZ NO its not a EFFIN disease!!
    nightstars

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

from what i have read so far the only thing i see is people
    who arnt sure what to think about gays they are only going by
    what they have heard,so i will givemypoint of view on this.

first of all being gay dsont mean you only prefer the same gender
    it also means that a part of you wants something that only some one
    of the same gender can give you or themfor other than the obviouse reason
    gay men tedn to want other guys becuase women cant really understand the guy
    emotionaly. but another guy could and can thats is basicly whats makessomemen become gay.

not the typical guy who is streight would say a woman knows what
    they want and need ina relations ship makes since right? wellnot if your
    gay from what i said befor so that provesit isnt a disease its a choce on who
    can relate to you better in your mind whish for gays is another guy or women
    depending on your gender
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Otaku Warthog Launch Champion Rook may be famous one day Rook may be famous one day Rook's Avatar
    Thanks

If you can choose to be gay, then rationally you can choose to be straight right?
    So then whats the big deal if people choose to be gay?

Gays shun the opposite sex, straights shun the same sex.

Straights love the opposite sex, Gays shun them.

You decide who you shun right? So if it is a choice, then wats the big deal if people want to be with someone of the same sex?

Becuase god wanted it to be a man and a woman?
    Honey, if god wanted something, he'd get it right the first time right?
    Come on, hes God for crying out loud, give him a little more credit right?

Besides what god wants or doesnt want doesnt apply to those who dont believe him anyway right?

Otaku Zeikku Shadow is off to a good start Zeikku Shadow's Avatar
    Where the frozen tears from the heavens paint everything white.
    Thanks

What?!?!

I swear I must have done drugs in a past life, or maybe I've just hit my head to many time in this life.

Disease!

Yeah, it's a disease, let's all go down to the clinic and get our vacination... don't forget your booster shots kids! Quarantine them all! Get the hand gel and the Lysol!

I have been around gay people all my life, and NONE of them chose it. In fact most fought it. Some unfortunately hurt others by denying who they were. You can only fight it so long before it destroys you, or others around you.

Perhaps, if people stopped treating GAY as something that can be cured, and started realizing that who you love does not matter, the world will be a better place.

It is not simply a choice. People don't just wake up one day, and say hey I'll take a slice of gay with my mashed potatoes. It's something that is there. It's just a matter of when they recognize it, and if they choose to fight it. Worse yet is when they have people around them saying it's wrong, and can be "fixed" or "cured".

When my Dad passed away suddenly, I had to put in a transfer. Someone needed to care for my Mom and youngest sister. I couldn't just leave, I had to wait for the transfer, and take care of them at the same time. I wasn't sure how I would be able to do this. I had lent a friend some money to put a down payment on their house. They came to me and said they had prayed and G_d had told them that I had been guided to lend the money so they (my friend had an 18 year old son) could have a home, and that now it was their time to help me. They had an extra room, and they were supposed to let me stay there, and I only had to pay for my own food. That way I could send my wages down to my Mom and sister. Blah, blah, blah...

Any way. I wasn't even fully moved in, and had been there for about 2 or 3 hours before it all happened. My friend had asked me to go to their "church" a few times (Pentecostal). I nicely said yes. I was different from what I had experienced before, but... well... whatever. Well my friend says that we can all go to church together every night. I politely declined. My friend started freakin' out saying about how they had been gay before, and had I know it?

No.

Well, I can't have you here, you're tempting me, and my spiritual adviser says you have to leave. He and his wife will stay with me till I am okay.

SAY WHAT?

I had never know they were gay, sorry HAD BEEN gay. Pahlease! One of the things that had turned me off from their church was when one of the members who had "shared his story" with me. He had told me how he had once been gay, but that the Pentecostal church had cured him. CURED him! His words, not mine. What a crock!

This is just one example of how others get hurt when who you are is denied. One moment I was a part of G_d's plan, the next I was the snake in the garden waving an apple. All because their church said that being gay was a sickness that could be cured.

I have another friend that says he always knew he was gay, but that his father was military, it he just couldn't admit it. He went into the military as well. He even went so far as to get married and have a son. Problem was that once he found the love of his life, he could no longer fight who he was. His only regret is that he did not come out sooner.

People should not be judged on if they love the same sex, or they opposite sex. Who cares who you love, so long as you love.

Otaku Warthog Launch Champion Rook may be famous one day Rook may be famous one day Rook's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Umbriel View Post
    What?!?!

I swear I must have done drugs in a past life, or maybe I've just hit my head to many time in this life.

Disease!

Yeah, it's a disease, let's all go down to the clinic and get our vacination... don't forget your booster shots kids! Quarantine them all! Get the hand gel and the Lysol!

I have been around gay people all my life, and NONE of them chose it. In fact most fought it. Some unfortunately hurt others by denying who they were. You can only fight it so long before it destroys you, or others around you.

Perhaps, if people stopped treating GAY as something that can be cured, and started realizing that who you love does not matter, the world will be a better place.

It is not simply a choice. People don't just wake up one day, and say hey I'll take a slice of gay with my mashed potatoes. It's something that is there. It's just a matter of when they recognize it, and if they choose to fight it. Worse yet is when they have people around them saying it's wrong, and can be "fixed" or "cured".

When my Dad passed away suddenly, I had to put in a transfer. Someone needed to care for my Mom and youngest sister. I couldn't just leave, I had to wait for the transfer, and take care of them at the same time. I wasn't sure how I would be able to do this. I had lent a friend some money to put a down payment on their house. They came to me and said they had prayed and G_d had told them that I had been guided to lend the money so they (my friend had an 18 year old son) could have a home, and that now it was their time to help me. They had an extra room, and they were supposed to let me stay there, and I only had to pay for my own food. That way I could send my wages down to my Mom and sister. Blah, blah, blah...

Any way. I wasn't even fully moved in, and had been there for about 2 or 3 hours before it all happened. My friend had asked me to go to their "church" a few times (Pentecostal). I nicely said yes. I was different from what I had experienced before, but... well... whatever. Well my friend says that we can all go to church together every night. I politely declined. My friend started freakin' out saying about how they had been gay before, and had I know it?

No.

Well, I can't have you here, you're tempting me, and my spiritual adviser says you have to leave. He and his wife will stay with me till I am okay.

SAY WHAT?

I had never know they were gay, sorry HAD BEEN gay. Pahlease! One of the things that had turned me off from their church was when one of the members who had "shared his story" with me. He had told me how he had once been gay, but that the Pentecostal church had cured him. CURED him! His words, not mine. What a crock!

This is just one example of how others get hurt when who you are is denied. One moment I was a part of G_d's plan, the next I was the snake in the garden waving an apple. All because their church said that being gay was a sickness that could be cured.

I have another friend that says he always knew he was gay, but that his father was military, it he just couldn't admit it. He went into the military as well. He even went so far as to get married and have a son. Problem was that once he found the love of his life, he could no longer fight who he was. His only regret is that he did not come out sooner.

People should not be judged on if they love the same sex, or they opposite sex. Who cares who you love, so long as you love.
    That is soooo sad : (
    i totally agree, i just wish we could live a life without labels.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast