Closed Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Is homosexuality a disease or are you born gay?

Otaku Celebrity Fight Club Champion itachigirl is off to a good start
    i could tell you, but id have to kill you
    Thanks

Re: Is homosexuality a disease or are you born gay?

Quote Originally Posted by Rook View Post
    That is soooo sad : (
    i totally agree, i just wish we could live a life without labels.
    beautifully spoken. there IS a genetic difference for homosexuals so if a gay guy sneezes on you wont catch it.

Newbie Uujille is just another face in the crowd Uujille's Avatar
    Thanks

Hahaha! Your very funny itachigirl!

HAVE YOU SEEN A BABY BORN GAY/LESBIAN? Hahaha... Only in your dreams Its a choice of a person of what he/she wants to be! Dont care... And another one it is'nt disease! Hahaha Its really hard to explain.. Well it is'nt disease cause they do not affect other people except they want to be in the same situation.. Hehehe, or they have been referred! Hahaha!! Ohh.. This thread really makes me laugh.. Sorry. For short,THEY'LL BE WHAT THEY LOVE! Understood? Easy question.. Easy to explain! Totally i hate seeing them.. But i really does'nt care!
    I'LL BE WHAT I AM.. BE WHAT YOU ARE!

That easy! Well those gay and lesbian should reply to this thread and i'm sure you'll get more information about them.. Ask them! Thanks
    SHIT MAH' MEN!!

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Umbriel View Post
    People should not be judged on if they love the same sex, or they opposite sex. Who cares who you love, so long as you love.
    Very well put, Umbriel. I applaud what u said, I personally do not believe that God would discriminate against his children 'cause of their preferences; but that's jus' my belief. Yet this is a very complicated question and the answer is equally complicated. I feel that this question isn' the real question, though, but rather the real question should b "what causes mankind ta react so negatively towards such behavior? And is it (meanin' discrimination) a disease?" I get very upset when ppl discriminate against others for ridiculous reasons such as race, sexual preferences, etc. This is why I wonder if the "discrimination" is the disease. I think that mankind has a tendency ta try and simplify things and when they come across somethin' like this they label it as a "disease" or a "psychological disorder" and think that they can "cure" it. It's like they think that mankind has the monopoly on such behavior, that it's exclusive ta our species only. If it is a "disease," then it's a cross-species strain, 'cause evry other species has it. Maybe there is a "genetic anomoly" or a "psychological disorder" which "might" explain away "some" of this behavior (but not "all"), if there is; I have yet ta c it. I think that mankind should jus' leave things like this alone and stop tryin' ta fix things that they "percieve" as "unusual" and not sit in judgement.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Otaku Arukih may be famous one day Arukih may be famous one day Arukih's Avatar
    Thanks

OF COUSE IT IS A DESEASE, AND IM GOING TO OPEN A REHAB CENTER FOR "GAY DONT WANT TO BE" *SARCASM*
    Oh come on!! ANOREXIA is a mental disorder, HIV is a desease, HOMOSEXUALITY is a choice!

Otaku Maskot Kombat Champion Titanofdeath is off to a good start Titanofdeath's Avatar
    Thanks

It is a choice and what is the disease stuff and this are you born gay? There is no way that it is a disease or you are born with it. It is a choice of a person to like either man or women. And just because they are different does not make them born that way or a disease.

"Be the change that you want to see in the world." "A nation's culture resides in the hearts and in the soul of its people. " "Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." Quote Mohandas Gandhi

Otaku Oroboros Champion nexusolus is off to a good start nexusolus's Avatar
    Thanks

There is no possible way that it is a disease. Especially since the World Health Organization removed homosexuality from its list of disease's on May 17,1990. And as for being born gay, thats like saying im born likeing video games, swimming, fishing, or reading. No. I do not know the whole reason's behind it but i know that the enviroment in which you grow helps decide you personality. And some times there are anomalies.

And sometimes the people grow up to be the opposite of how they were brought up and raised. Like an old freind of mine that has a very religeouse and happy family turned out to be sad and sadisctic think of new wasy to dismember people.

Oh but dont get me wrong i have nothing against gay people..... as long as they dont hit on me

Made by me.

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

well its not a disease for sure but it is not determined by any one factor either ,but by a combination of genetic, hormonal, and environmental influences. Well at least thats what i know on it, and although ur not born gay for most people, sexual orientation is determined at an early age.

But like I said most scientists today agree that sexual orientation(whether ur gay or not) is most likely the result of a complex interaction of environmental, cognitive and biological factors

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Otaku Warthog Launch Champion Rook may be famous one day Rook may be famous one day Rook's Avatar
    Thanks

merriamwebster.com 's definition of "Disease"-an impairment of the normal state of the living animal or plant body or one of its parts that interrupts or modifies the performance of the vital functions, is typically manifested by distinguishing signs and symptoms, and is a response to environmental factors (as malnutrition, industrial hazards, or climate), to specific infective agents (as worms, bacteria, or viruses), to inherent defects of the organism (as genetic anomalies), or to combinations of these factors

If you can prove homosexuality falls under this definition, then its a disease.
    But good luck proving that!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast