Closed Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Is homosexuality a disease or are you born gay?

Otaku Arukih may be famous one day Arukih may be famous one day Arukih's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Is homosexuality a disease or are you born gay?

Quote Originally Posted by anime_being_god View Post
    But like I said most scientists today agree that sexual orientation(whether ur gay or not) is most likely the result of a complex interaction of environmental, cognitive and biological factors
    I dont believe in that, just for one reason Homosexuality do exist since long long time ago and Im talking about far away time , even more, homosexuality do exist between animals so to me this is a BullSµ!T

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arukih View Post
    I dont believe in that, just for one reason Homosexuality do exist since long long time ago and Im talking about far away time , even more, homosexuality do exist between animals so to me this is a BullSµ!T
    dude my information was straight from the American Academy of Pediatrics ("AAP") and the American Psychological Association

So the bullshit ur talking about is actually coming from you

What the heck do you mean homos never existed long time ago? Thats like dumb talk.lol

I'll simple show you 1 example of homo in the distant past, in the bible time

1 Samuel 18:1
    "...Jonathan became one in spirit with David and he loved him as himself." (NIV)

"...the soul of Jonathan was knit with the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul" (KJV)

Most translations use the term "soul" rather than "spirit" to describe the bond. They speak of an "immediate bond of love", their souls being "in unison," their souls being "knit", etc. Genesis 2:7, as written in the original Hebrew, describes how God blew the spirit into the body of Adam that God had formed from earth, so that Adam became a living soul. This means that "soul", in the ancient Israelite times, represents a combination of body and spirit. Thus the two men loved each other both physically and emotionally.

David left his parent's home and moved to Saul's where he would be with Jonathan. This is a strong indication that the relationship was extremely close. It echoes the passage marriage passage in Genesis 2:24: "Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh."

skooled!

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

I was gonna try to put up some stuff about genetics and homosexuality here, but my job's network won't let me use the word "homosexual" as search criteria. >_< Ugh... I gotta relocate.

Anywho, whoever said being gay is a disease needs to be SHOT! If I shook a gay guy's hand, I wouldn't turn gay. If I gave him a sympathetic hug because he's having a hard time with life, that wouldn't mean I'd turn gay. That's SO messed up to think that way.

I know it's not a choice, because all the gays I know were born that way. My sister's bi and has been since she came out the womb. She's always known that she liked other girls. You don't just wake up in the morning and say,"*yawn* I'm gonna be gay today!" It NEVER works like that!!

You're either born gay or straight--or for the unfortunate few who can't pick a side, bi-sexual--and you have no choice in the matter. I'm straight always have been, always will be. If you're gay, you always have been and always will be. It's just a matter of when that person realizes what they are. Sometimes it's hard for a person to tell what he/she truly is inside.

And, BTW, good ups anime_being_god! I forgot about King David. That dude was gay as the day is long. Well... Bi, actually. But either way, the bible may say that being gay is "wrong" but that didn't stop David from takin' one up the bum-bum, did it?

Banned 3cheersforrevenge is off to a good start 3cheersforrevenge's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    I was gonna try to put up some stuff about genetics and homosexuality here, but my job's network won't let me use the word "homosexual" as search criteria. >_< Ugh... I gotta relocate.

Anywho, whoever said being gay is a disease needs to be SHOT! If I shook a gay guy's hand, I wouldn't turn gay. If I gave him a sympathetic hug because he's having a hard time with life, that wouldn't mean I'd turn gay. That's SO messed up to think that way.

I know it's not a choice, because all the gays I know were born that way. My sister's bi and has been since she came out the womb. She's always known that she liked other girls. You don't just wake up in the morning and say,"*yawn* I'm gonna be gay today!" It NEVER works like that!!

You're either born gay or straight--or for the unfortunate few who can't pick a side, bi-sexual--and you have no choice in the matter. I'm straight always have been, always will be. If you're gay, you always have been and always will be. It's just a matter of when that person realizes what they are. Sometimes it's hard for a person to tell what he/she truly is inside.

And, BTW, good ups anime_being_god! I forgot about King David. That dude was gay as the day is long. Well... Bi, actually. But either way, the bible may say that being gay is "wrong" but that didn't stop David from takin' one up the bum-bum, did it?

Exactly, kinda took the words out of my mouth really....
    why would it be a disease? it's not contagious or anything. kinda weird to think it as a disease

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Of course its not a diesase, i mean why would someone with a right mind even think that???

Like I said it is most likely the result of a complex interaction of environmental, cognitive and biological factors. In some way i can agree with being born a certain way, but its still a little if'y with me.

I had some friends a long time ago who at the time werent actually gay, well at least no one that he was, he went on dates with gurls and everything, but as he got older he started to ver to the fruity side a little bit and eventually was dating other gay guys, its really wierd

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Otaku Warthog Launch Champion Rook may be famous one day Rook may be famous one day Rook's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey as far as labels go, how can (or do you/ would you) label someone who is just attracted to people regardless to sex?
    And i dont mean bi-sexual, becuase they are attracted to boys and girls.

Would it be androgyne?

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by msjones171807 View Post
    I saw that there was another thread about gays, and I'm not trying to repeatative but, do you think that Homosexuality is a disease or an Instinct/your born gay?

Reason I ask is because many people say that homosexuality is a disease. It's something that can be helped and taught. But then there are others that say that they are born gay and that it was more than choice to be with someone of the same sex. It was their insticnt, their own personal preference like how the majority of the population has an instinct and personal preference to the opposite sex.

I want to know what you guys personally think.
    No it is not something that can be helped or taught. And yes, many people view homosexuality as a disease. A lot of you might be opposing the idea, but many believe that it's something that goes on in your body when you're born. Or how you're born. Something in your hormones that is abnormal or dysfunctional which makes a boy believe he is a girl or vice versa.

I don't agree with this theory. I don't believe that homosexuality is a disease. I don't think gays have something wrong with them. They're simply attracted to the same sex. Same goes for bisexuals. Something attracts them to the same sex..

love is love is love.
    no matter the gender.

Otaku Warthog Launch Champion Rook may be famous one day Rook may be famous one day Rook's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    No it is not something that can be helped or taught. And yes, many people view homosexuality as a disease. A lot of you might be opposing the idea, but many believe that it's something that goes on in your body when you're born. Or how you're born. Something in your hormones that is abnormal or dysfunctional which makes a boy believe he is a girl or vice versa.

I don't agree with this theory. I don't believe that homosexuality is a disease. I don't think gays have something wrong with them. They're simply attracted to the same sex. Same goes for bisexuals. Something attracts them to the same sex..

love is love is love.
    no matter the gender.
    well put, but i just wanted to clarify that not every gay person you know thinks he was born the wrong sex, i think what your talking about is someone who is transgender.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast