Closed Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Is homosexuality a disease or are you born gay?

Newbie brandi12 is just another face in the crowd brandi12's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Is homosexuality a disease or are you born gay?

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhabi View Post
    O_o uh... disease? that's a little ridiculous...

anways, you choose who to love, no matter what that person is.
    i think u r just born gay um my uncle has been gay from birth
    I M BRANDI [love me or hate me]

Otaku LEtters Champion, PopWord Champion, Alphabet Soup Champion, Baby Destruction Champion bellocanlver is off to a good start
    Thanks

Lol being gay is not a disease, its like by choice but then again you cant just wake up and say "im gay" its something that you are kinda born w/

Newbie JapaneseNeji is off to a good start JapaneseNeji's Avatar
    Thanks

No homosexuality is not a diease it is a discover for the same sex .

Hola Amigos,
    Me Llamo Neji Brieey

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Homosexuality, like a great deal of other things, is a combination of nature and nurture. There is indeed evidence supporting the existance of a "gay gene" or other physiological trigger for homosexual activity. There are quite a few homosexuals and transexuals who are incredibly uncomfortable, ashamed, or afraid of their sexuality and would like nothing more than to be what society deems "normal". There is also a precident for homosexual activity among animals that would seem to imply same-sex mating isn't just a "human" phenomenon. In spite of a great deal of adversity and change, homosexuals have also popped up in nearly every culture at nearly every point in history: this would seem to imply that homosexuality isn't something that can be "rooted out" or has gone spontaneously wrong.

That said, the way one is brought up may also have a great deal to do with homosexuality. The friends you keep, the views of your peers and family, the role models you have, your religion, and your culture certainly play a part in the development of gender identity and sexuality. In many cases, negative reinforcement can lead to the "curing" of homosexuality (which many argue is just persistant self-denial and posing to avoid negative consequences). It is also COMPLETELY possible to manufacture sexuality... as evidenced by the HUGE jump in internet yaoi fangirls becoming spontaneously bisexual and the sheer number of girls who will make out with one another when they've had too much alcohol in public O-o; The positive feedback of male wolf-whistles, the declaration that one is "so open minded", street cred with the queer community, etc. may all lead to someone going farther in the direction of an alternate sexuality than they otherwise would.

Homosexuality can not be a disease unless it adversely affects your health, ability to function in daily life or has a significant negative impact on your lifestyle. Most homosexuals feel that chronic ignorance is at least as (if not more worthy of) the "disease" label than homosexuality itself.

Quite a few people believe that sexuality exists on a scale and that bisexuality (in one form or another) is actually quite "normal", while both rejection of the opposite sex entirely and persistant fearful rejection of the notion that you might actually enjoy the company of someone of the same sex is on either extreme.

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chihiro Miyazaki View Post
    A disease?! You have GOT to be kidding me.

Homosexuality is a CHOICE. God made a MAN and a WOMAN. If he meant us to be with the same sex, he would have just made two Adams.

Can't argue that logic. Sorry.

I personally think it's gross. People who make excuses for it are just too afraid to say what they truly feel.
    Just for fun and games, that logic can easily be argued, lol. But I'm not here to argue that.

I say, as most of my homosexual friends have shown, it's choice. It's just love, and a different form of lustful orientation. So what if it's different, we all are different, in a way. The day humanity can accept this is the day I stp hating them...ok...hating them for being ingorant on individuality....I have other reasons to hate humanity.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chihiro Miyazaki View Post
    A disease?! You have GOT to be kidding me.

Homosexuality is a CHOICE. God made a MAN and a WOMAN. If he meant us to be with the same sex, he would have just made two Adams.

Can't argue that logic. Sorry.

I personally think it's gross. People who make excuses for it are just too afraid to say what they truly feel.
    i got to agree with you .. this is just my opinion on this ... i'd rather take it as a route rather than disease but i never believe and never will that there are maybe people who are born gay...
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aleister Sithis View Post
    Just for fun and games, that logic can easily be argued, lol. But I'm not here to argue that.

I say, as most of my homosexual friends have shown, it's choice. It's just love, and a different form of lustful orientation. So what if it's different, we all are different, in a way. The day humanity can accept this is the day I stop hating them...ok...hating them for being ignorant on individuality....I have other reasons to hate humanity.
    Yeah technically we all choose our actions, but the choice to be gay comes from within. Its in our makeup just as it is with strait people. The ones you see trying what its like to be gay or probably not. More than likely its an attention getter. If your friends are displaying this, more than likely there not gay. You dont choose to be gay, it chooses you.

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brandi12 View Post
    i think u r just born gay um my uncle has been gay from birth
    how do u know that he was gay from birth?
    was he like hitting on other baby boys since the day he was born or something?

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast