• Who cares?

37 28.91%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 15 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread: Is Homosexuality a sin?

Newbie DarkRoseofHell is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Is Homosexuality a sin?

i dont think its a sin if a guy likes another guy or a girl likes another girl, but what i dont get is why sometimes when guys are gay they think they have to act more feminine around people instead of just acting like another guy, unless they were already feminine to start out with. i think its stupid when gay guys act feminine and talk all girly and stuff. it ticks me off.
    It's called an Effeminate Homosexual.

I don't know whether or not someone posted this or not, when people are borned homosexual or whatever, they don't decide whether or not to like that gender, it's when they're born. It's more of their impulse to like a type of gender rather than what my chem teacher calls it "There's always a choice" (I need to kill him)...

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRoseofHell View Post
    It's called an Effeminate Homosexual.

I don't know whether or not someone posted this or not, when people are borned homosexual or whatever, they don't decide whether or not to like that gender, it's when they're born. It's more of their impulse to like a type of gender rather than what my chem teacher calls it "There's always a choice" (I need to kill him)...
    It isn't a choice, nor is it something that happens when you're born. You're not "born" gay. And you're not raised gay either. And it really isn't a choice. In most cases, anyway. My older cousin once told me, "those who are gay are sexually frustruated."

It made me think for a minute.

Newbie gts16774 may be famous one day gts16774 may be famous one day gts16774's Avatar
    Thanks

I do not believe it to be a sin. However I do believe it to be a genetic flaw. Going with religion, god gave man free will, and in that same breath out genetics have free will. The main goal of the race is recreation, and homosexuality goes against that goal, when breaking down the human race to the bare basics. Homosexuality is a genetic flaw, and that is life. I could careless if a guy likes a guy, or a girl. Doesn't bother me in the least. I don't think god cares either. I think god cares how people treat and love one another.

Oh, and as far as the bible goes, do remember it was written by man guided by god, but that doesn't mean some of mans fears and own beliefs weren't put in it. Also we know that genetically we have evolved from the days of the bible. So some of the issues today were not covered in the bible.

But believe what you want. I take the bible as a great guideline, but not absolute law. Now the ten commandments, that is a good set of rules to live by.
    Last edited by gts16774; Jun 25, 2007 at 02:05 PM. Reason: just adding

Newbie DarkRoseofHell is off to a good start
    Thanks

It isn't a choice, nor is it something that happens when you're born. You're not "born" gay. And you're not raised gay either. And it really isn't a choice. In most cases, anyway. My older cousin once told me, "those who are gay are sexually frustruated."
    I don't see how someone that's gay are sexually fustruated, I've seen gay people and they've been like that since they were pretty much born. Nothing what some call "tragic" happened to them and they were gay.

I do not believe it to be a sin. However I do believe it to be a genetic flaw. Going with religion, god gave man free will, and in that same breath out genetics have free will. The main goal of the race is recreation, and homosexuality goes against that goal, when breaking down the human race to the bare basics. Homosexuality is a genetic flaw, and that is life. I could careless if a guy likes a guy, or a girl. Doesn't bother me in the least. I don't think god cares either. I think god cares how people treat and love one another.
    The whereabouts of the cause of homosexuality isn't really clear but as far I've seen, it's not a genetic flaw because if it was, then that means that "flaw" can be passed on to later generations. As far as I've read, it's something that developed in the Central Nervous System or whatever (correct me if I'm wrong) that makes them that.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRoseofHell View Post
    I don't see how someone that's gay are sexually fustruated, I've seen gay people and they've been like that since they were pretty much born. Nothing what some call "tragic" happened to them and they were gay.
    I never said that.
    I said my cousin said that, and I felt I should post it to see what others thought about it. Because she is not the only I've heard say this.

And like I said, you aren't "born" gay. No one is born gay. In some cases, it is a choice that someone makes. Be it, a traumatic experience they went through at one point in their life, or they felt it's who they really are... sometimes it happens like this. In other cases, it is inexplainable. They're 'just' gay, and don't know why.

Otaku Warthog Launch Champion Rook may be famous one day Rook may be famous one day Rook's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking Re: Is Homosexuality a sin?

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    I never said that.
    I said my cousin said that, and I felt I should post it to see what others thought about it. Because she is not the only I've heard say this.

And like I said, you aren't "born" gay. No one is born gay. In some cases, it is a choice that someone makes. Be it, a traumatic experience they went through at one point in their life, or they felt it's who they really are... sometimes it happens like this. In other cases, it is inexplainable. They're 'just' gay, and don't know why.
    Also ask this... "are people born straight?"

I felt like throwing this in because alot of the questioons here are mostly one-sided.

Why is homosexuality the only thing being mentioned if this debate demands a balanced view?

We also need to question straight content to get to the bottom of this, or at least i believe.

Thanks

Yes, everyone is attracted to the opposite sex. It is nature. And I believe it is genetic. The whole homo thing.. yeh, that isn't genetic. That's something else.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

If this turns into a Flame Fest (Gawd, that sounded wrong, given the context of this thread, You know what I meant by that.), This will be closed. It's been Civil for the most part, lets keep it that way.

Now for my opinion on this matter:

According my religion (I'm a Latter Day Saint, other wise known by the slang term: Mormon), yes, it is a sin. But my religion also teaches something called "Free Agency", or the Right to choice. If someone decides to engage in this life style, far be it for me, or anyone else for that matter, to force my/their beliefs on them, and to judge them as well.

"Judge not lest ye be judged." most definitely applies to this thread.

As long as it doesn't directly affect my personal life, I couldn't really care less.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 15 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast