+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How can we be sure anything is real?

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: How can we be sure anything is real?

Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai View Post
    How can we be sure anything is real?

Don't worry, Dita... you're not the only one who has thought this.
    (Sometimes it's comforting to be lost in an enigma with someone else)

But can you answer these? :
    How can we be sure nothing is nothing?
    How can we be sure nothing is fake?
    How can we be sure everything is fake?
    How can we be sure everything is not nothing?
    How can we be sure nothing is not everything?

... I suppose if you can connect all things and admit: "Everything is the same as nothing and nothing is the same as everything" without killing yourself and thinking life is a flaw, then you'd have answered your own question.

The problem is with us humans, is

1. We try to answer a question so complicated when we haven't even answered the simplest questions yet.

2. We try to break down every single thing into pieces and put it back together and claim we know what it is. (especially true with western culture)

3. We believe we have all the answers or are the only ones who can find the answers, while every other creature on this planet seems fulfilled. And we often think this is because of ignorance, but rather, it is understanding.

Destroy those flaws, and you'll be more open to knowing how we know.

actually it's because of our flaws we human developed knowledge. because if a person questions, he or she will seek answers and that answer will become knowledge to that person. in reality, we are already perfect. it's because that our senses are limited that's why we created machines as an extension.
    and besides if anything that complements with our senses then it's real.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rematche View Post
    actually it's because of our flaws we human developed knowledge. because if a person questions, he or she will seek answers and that answer will become knowledge to that person. in reality, we are already perfect. it's because that our senses are limited that's why we created machines as an extension.
    and besides if anything that complements with our senses then it's real.

That would be considered an unproven theory or opinion (just the same as mine, actually) ... but then again, nothing can be proven as a real fact, since there's always uncertainties.
    In my opinion, your idea is flawed since it's pro-humanity. Which quite honestly, is predicted to go extinct. (even if it takes billions of years, we're still likely to go extinct, unless we change ourselves into something that's not really human anymore)

Of course it is because of our flaws that we humans have developed knowledge. Nowhere in my quote did I mention that was not the cause.
    We weren't perfect, because if we were, we would have never questioned.
    Questioning itself is a flaw.
    To question is a sign of weakness, a sign that one does not know.
    If we humans were perfect, we would have never questioned, never in a billion lifetimes or universes.

But of course, questioning is the same as pain. Pain is to tell us something is wrong with our body, to avoid the pain. Even chronic pain shows signs that there is a way to avoid or heal the situation to put the body back to "perfect" shape... so questioning was there to solve problems. If we could die instantly from other creatures, that was something we did not want. So we solved questions to break that problem. A survival technique, one of the things that has kept us humans alive.

Otaku sachiko ueto may be famous one day sachiko ueto may be famous one day sachiko ueto's Avatar
    Thanks

i can't really answer your scientific questions, i must admit. but i can only question, what do you mean by "real"? is there by any means we could actually or fully define "real"? the word itself is debatable. if you mean real as in "existing", well, the fact that the universe is existing proves that we do exist.

i think Soshi Kitai is correct. before we try to indulge ourselves into questions of pure infinity, we must first answer the simple things.

try not to complicate yourself.

They say you can't use oversized signatures here on AO.

Otaku Pogo Panic Champion North Dakota may be famous one day North Dakota may be famous one day North Dakota's Avatar
    Thanks

Every thing is real if you tuch it.
    your key board or bouse or desk is a buck of the same attoms moving very fast.
    if they were moving slower you could pass though your keyboard or mouse like air

Newbie EijiAzurite is off to a good start EijiAzurite's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by North Dakota View Post
    Every thing is real if you tuch it.
    your key board or bouse or desk is a buck of the same attoms moving very fast.
    if they were moving slower you could pass though your keyboard or mouse like air
    If an object is in solid form the atoms are not moving at all. In liquid form they move a bit slow. In gas form like air they move incredibly fast. See chemistry does play off for once here.

As for answering the age old question does anything exist. I would not worry about it. What would you gain out of the knowledge if we knew the answer. It is a big waste of time and money to find it. Better question is how can we cure aids or cancer?
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=60054&dateline=118231  2968

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2