+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: how do you see war?

Newbie rilakkuma is off to a good start rilakkuma's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation how do you see war?

what are your opinions on war?some people see it as fighting for your country.standing up for what is ours.and some people,including me,see it as pointless and idiodic.i dont beleive people need to die because we dont agree on something.espeically when half the people are just in the war because theve been convinced by the government that its ok to kill in this cicumstance because its for your country.i believe that things can be solved in other ways.did you know that we dont even know why were still fighting in afganistan?were still in a war that is completely for no reason.just to prove that were the better country.they tell us not to kill.the government says go ahead.they tell us popularity and your statis doesnt mean anything.yet we go to war to prove that we are better and to keep from losing.the fact is that we dont want to admit that the reason we fight is because america has a vast amount of pride.
    ※∞※de nihilo nihil※∞※
    do not conform to this world

Otaku Marcus Fenix is off to a good start Marcus Fenix's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: how do you see war?

I'm a soon to be(hopefully) solder. And most of my friends who have read the short stories and ficton know I'm no pacifist, but I reagard war as one of the most horrible things that can happen to a person.

I'm becoming a soldier because I'm tired of feeling useless and I want to make a difference. I'm willing to lay down my life so those that I love and care for can have one more day of precious freedom.
    We gotta make our choices...because in the end we are who we choose to be.

Because choice is the only real freedom any of us have.

AO #1 (fill in the blank) KungFu Basil Champion, Lost In The Jungle Champion, Heli Attack 2 Champion basilisk888 is off to a good start basilisk888's Avatar
    Thanks

(Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to offend anyone here but this is just my view of things)

I view war as a thing to pass the time, in a way. I find it hummerous at times and over all just a fact of life. It is somthing that our world has to live with and why not get a good laugh at it from time to time :l

oh, ya... the reason the war is still going on, is because the gun compianies want it to go on :l yaaa... sad but funny
    Last edited by basilisk888; Apr 25, 2011 at 10:26 AM. Reason: reread the question
    death and life are one and the same

Newbie bluewolf is off to a good start bluewolf's Avatar
    Thanks

When it comes to fighting to me it all comes down to the situation. When 9/11 happened I had no problem with us going over there however today I neither agree nor disagree with the military being over there because I'm not high in the government so I don't know the real reason why the military is over there. The problem with just talking is not everyone is willing to just talk; maybe our government was doing stuff secretly long before 9/11 which pissed off Afghanistan and they tried to tell our government to stop however our government wouldn't listen so Afghanistan said it again by force and of course our government would had to retaliate or else it'd look suspicious (just an example). If someone keeps punching you or picking on you even though you tell them to stop, are you going to take it or show them that you aren't one to mess with?
    I suppose Santa Claus doesn't go around delivering semi-automatics, extra mags, and cans of tear gas.

Otaku Marcus Fenix is off to a good start Marcus Fenix's Avatar
    Thanks

This is what usually happens when you mess with someone bigger than you: you will get squished. Unless the guys in charge are complete morons.
    We gotta make our choices...because in the end we are who we choose to be.

Because choice is the only real freedom any of us have.

Otaku death13 is off to a good start death13's Avatar
    Thanks

War is an act of defense but sometimes it shouldn't be the answer to solving small problems such as people going to war over land rights. Bigger issues like slavery, freedom, overthrowing a dictator, etc. To me seem just.

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

I've always believed that there are two forces of existence, the force of Light and the force of Darkness. Neither, by their very natures, are either good nor evil; although often we try to catagorize them as either good or evil. For every negative (i.e darkness) there is an equal balance of positive (i.e light) and both are needed in perfect balance for all things to exist. War is part of that balance and although the violence of war is atrocious, war is a necessary opposite of peace and a necessary component of it. I, by no means, am not saying that we should go to war every chance that we get; we should always avoid it as best as possible. Yet we should understand that war, in of itself, is NOT inherently evil; although the ppl behind a war may be. And as long as Mankind continues to exist, War will continue to exist with us. So if we want to end all wars, we would need to end all wars at their source, and the source of all wars is Mankind itself. So do we end ourselves to satisfy that desire? And we do not own war, nor is it exclusive to our species, the other creatures that exist also war with each other. There's the war within given species, the war between predator and prey, etc. So war is not only the provence of man. Do we end all other species as well to also satisfy the desire to end all wars? Would that not lead to extinction? Balance is the key to existence, Law and Chaos; Creation and Destruction; Life and Death; and yes even Peace and War; all must exist in a state of balance for all existence to continue to be. This is how I feel about War, my perception if you will, it exists with a purpose; as all things do. It's not the existence of something but how it's used that determines it's value and reasoning. Hitler was an evil man and his purpose for going to war had no less an evil reasoning than the man himself. But does that mean, because of his evil intent, that war is no less evil? I think not, it's not war itself, but the intentions for war that is either good or evil. We need to realize that war is necessary for existence, jus' as peace is. Again this does not mean that we should not exhaust every avenue of peace and that war should be resorted to first, quite the opposite really. War should always be the last resort, however it should always remain a resort. If left with no other choice, then war is understandable. This is jus' my view, not everyone feels as I do and they are entitled. I jus' feel that there is little in life that doesn' exist w/o purpose and that war does have an overall purpose.
    Scourge and Marcus Fenix like this.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Mage For This Useful Post:

atomik_sprout (Apr 29, 2011)

Newbie Detective Ryuzaki is off to a good start Detective Ryuzaki's Avatar
    Thanks

As I have observed, war is most often a defensive mechanism. I believe that war in many cases may not accomplish the result in which you had intended. You may fight for several years, have thousands of casualties, and have lost important resources. But still not have reached an agreement with your enemy. However, I think that if you have a cause worth fighting for, such as freedom, then by all means, fight. But be prepared to attack. And be prepared to be fired upon. In other words, know what you are getting yourself into. In my eyes, there are three types of war in which the battles usually fall into. 1. Money 2. Land and 3. Freedom/Rights. There may be more, but this is the general beginning to the violence. For instance, the Native Americans often fought with the English to keep their land. This, I believe, was a just cause, as their land was being taken away quickly and unfairly, and they had to do something about it before it was too late. I believe that people have their reasoning behind war, but that a more diplomatic form of peace should be attempted before declaring war on someone. At least you can say you tried to resolve things peacefully and that the opposing party did not cooperate, therefore using war only as a last resort. I also believe that many have a different impression of war from TV shows, and view it as a glorified type battle. This is not the case at all. It is a horrifying, scarring event in which some never recover from. It changes you, and you will see things in which you will never forget. So if you do have a just cause, I believe that war is the proper final solution. But be aware of what comes with war.
    Scourge likes this.
    "I am chasing someone without a name or a face. He will hear me, but will never see me coming. And when I find him, I will show him what Justice truly means."
    ~ L, Death Note

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast