+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: how do you see war?

Newbie emo princess101 is off to a good start emo princess101's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: how do you see war?

well, war isnt worth it
    seriously not worth it....u could trash ur life like that and feeling real innocent and feel really depressed
    heh,i think wars are a waist of time

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Fenix View Post
    I'm a soon to be(hopefully) solder. And most of my friends who have read the short stories and ficton know I'm no pacifist, but I reagard war as one of the most horrible things that can happen to a person.

I'm becoming a soldier because I'm tired of feeling useless and I want to make a difference. I'm willing to lay down my life so those that I love and care for can have one more day of precious freedom.
    Sadly, American soldiers aren't protecting our freedoms as of late. We've been a country prone to sticking our noses in the business of others and reaping the rewards of being "the big dogs" by taking resources. Granted the attack on 9/11 was a successful attempt to terrorize our country, what has the military done about it? We went to the wrong country and started a war with the wrong guy. We're finally in Afghanistan years later and we still can't seem to find the guy responsible for the horrific event that took place those many years ago.

Are we even trying to find him? Or, are we just there to be there? Are we doing any kind of good there? There are still terror cells and there is still no change. Protecting our freedoms my ass. Don't get me wrong. I used to be a US soldier. But that was before anything happened to us. It used to be an army ready to deal with a possible threat. Now we're the threat! Does that make any sense? Other countries think WE'RE terrorists! There are innocent people on both sides who have lost their lives to this nonsense.

In my personal opinion, war is nothing but two grown-up kids who can't see eye to eye or get their way, so they send people to do their dirty work. Nothing ever gets resolved and nothing ever changes--except the angst that each side has for each other increases.

Otaku Brandon Grave Heat is off to a good start
    Thanks

How do I see war hmm,
    well I see a man who has a NEVER fought in a war in his life, Giving Orders to the America men and women, for what just to win another county trust for what ? For nothing that is what.

I really don't know any more, it seems like every time I turn around, America troops are in some war agaist this County or that County for what more oil,

why is it that we can help people fight their battle, but we can't even take care of america it self..?
    Elite Member
    Achieved after 150 days AND 500 posts.
    Veteran Member
    Achieved after 365 days AND 1000 posts.

Otaku Marcus Fenix is off to a good start Marcus Fenix's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    Sadly, American soldiers aren't protecting our freedoms as of late. We've been a country prone to sticking our noses in the business of others and reaping the rewards of being "the big dogs" by taking resources. Granted the attack on 9/11 was a successful attempt to terrorize our country, what has the military done about it? We went to the wrong country and started a war with the wrong guy. We're finally in Afghanistan years later and we still can't seem to find the guy responsible for the horrific event that took place those many years ago.

Are we even trying to find him? Or, are we just there to be there? Are we doing any kind of good there? There are still terror cells and there is still no change. Protecting our freedoms my ass. Don't get me wrong. I used to be a US soldier. But that was before anything happened to us. It used to be an army ready to deal with a possible threat. Now we're the threat! Does that make any sense? Other countries think WE'RE terrorists! There are innocent people on both sides who have lost their lives to this nonsense.

In my personal opinion, war is nothing but two grown-up kids who can't see eye to eye or get their way, so they send people to do their dirty work. Nothing ever gets resolved and nothing ever changes--except the angst that each side has for each other increases.
    Just reading this makes me have second thoughts, but maybe while I'm out there I can make a difference. I hope...
    We gotta make our choices...because in the end we are who we choose to be.

Because choice is the only real freedom any of us have.

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post

I'm sry that you feel that way about war, atomik, I don' see war that way but I understand that not everyone is gonna feel as I do. IMO, I believe that war isn' always the answer, but sometimes it's the only answer. And that what's done is done, it's not a video game where we can press the reset button, though often I wish that we could. War can have positive consequences as well, not jus' negative. Case in point, the Iraqis; for the first time in three generations, are now in control of the fate of their own country. Things do change in the aftermath of a war and not always not for the negative, another example is WWII; what would've happened if we didn' take a stand against Hitler?

I'm jus' as frustrated as you are about the hunt for Osama in Afganistan, if he's even there, but I put my trust in our solders to do the best that they can. And I think that they are and that's fine with me.
    Scourge likes this.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Otaku Marcus Fenix is off to a good start Marcus Fenix's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey! I think the war may be over now that Bin Ladden's dead! This could save us a lot of trouble at the moment.
    We gotta make our choices...because in the end we are who we choose to be.

Because choice is the only real freedom any of us have.

Otaku Simon Champion, Shanghi 2 Champion AstralMage01 is off to a good start AstralMage01's Avatar
    Thanks

War may sometimes be a tool for peace; example for this would be WW2; the Japanese army wouldn't have stopped their assault till they were hit & devastated by the atomic bombs, what I mean is after war there would be a time where we would stop fighting just to rebuild ourselves for our next war :P

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Fenix View Post
    Hey! I think the war may be over now that Bin Ladden's dead! This could save us a lot of trouble at the moment.
    lol, war never ends my friend and besides, what makes U so sure that by the death of Bin Ladden other bin ladden like terrorists would maybe avenge his death? :P
    one thing more, I'm not sure if this whole thing's real, pictures I've seen about him were fake :P
    "If you do not believe in yourself, hardwork is useless"
    "Might Gai" from "Naruto"

Newbie noobody is off to a good start noobody's Avatar
    Thanks

war is worth it if one makes profit out of it.... and i am not talking just about the big profit elites make, but any benefits the citizens also share. the biggest empires were build by waging successful wars. if one doesn't believe in wars, then feel free to reallocate every bit of profit associated with war back to those it was taken from. (and i am not talking about primary resources alone, but also who is controlling the trade routes, for example, which would include returning the extra profits associated with said trade routes back to the people living in countries along those routes).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast