1 2.86%
  • over 150 lbs

11 31.43%
  • over 200 lbs

23 65.71%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: How Fat is Fat?

Otaku kinetic may be famous one day kinetic may be famous one day kinetic's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: How Fat is Fat?

Quote Originally Posted by _gwenibe_
    But if we are talking on a health side of things, then "fat" is when your artery starts clogging up and you are having serious health problems or could have in the future.
    That is another misconseption, even a non-fat person is subject to a heart attack. And fat has nothing to do artieral plastation (big word) it is mostly based on two types of colestoral high and low density. Not to mention family history and genetic disposition.

And before anyone says fat is colestoral, in medical comunities it is classified as a plaqe which is classifed as a protien.

Sorry I was in med school befor I joined the navy.
    MAY YOU DAY BE BRIGHT, AND YOUR ASSOCATION WITH MORONS BE MINIMAL. EXTRA MEDICATION FOR ALL!!!

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HolderOfTheDarkChalice
    i agree to a point on that
    gwenibe but being an over
    weight person i can say it isnt
    healthy even if your naturaly big
    i mean i have battle with it 16 years now
    and i am just starting to loos the weight
    i have and i am feeling better for it
    ok, i guess it's really hard to define what is "naturally big" ( as most of the time people see it as a kind way to say fat...) but i guess what i'm trying to say is that some people are born big some are born teenie, all people are born different. Those people who are born naturally reeeaallllyy tall but at the same time carry a bit of weight ( which for their height would be considered normal) would they be called fat? I know this situation, I have a cousin who is exaclty that. you wouldn't want to pick a fight with him

Quote Originally Posted by kinetic
    That is another misconseption, even a non-fat person is subject to a heart attack. And fat has nothing to do artieral plastation (big word) it is mostly based on two types of colestoral high and low density. Not to mention family history and genetic disposition.

And before anyone says fat is colestoral, in medical comunities it is classified as a plaqe which is classifed as a protien.
    I'm aware that even non-fat people are subject to heart attacks and such. but didn't know about the artieral plastation, interesting thanks for sharing!

Heavy Metal Goddess CherryBlossom18 may be famous one day CherryBlossom18 may be famous one day CherryBlossom18's Avatar
    a place where the stars shine as bright as the sun
    Thanks

I can't really say how fat is too fat,but if you are above a size 40 than you are considered too fat. I weigh more that I should right now,but I am losing some weight and I hope to be slim and trim by fall anyway.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

When you can't move at all (or barely move at all) and are a slave to your food.

^_^ Other than that, I have nothing against the weight of anybody.
    Let me just say that "fat" people can still kick your @$$...
    ... people need to know that it doesn't matter what weight you are on how active you are. You can be the most active man in the world and still be 300 lbs.

It's just that extra weight ENCOURAGES laziness.
    It doesn't make you lazy............. you lazy slobs.

^u^ Hell, I'm lazy and I'm not even fat. XD Of course, that's obvious with a lot of guys.

>_> Nothing wrong with weight.
    ......... just......... seriously....... don't be a b!tch...
    Sometimes, people can be such b!tches just because they're too "skinny" or too "fat"... when seriously, their weight had nothing to do with it, it just had to do something with their personality.

Personality over Looks no matter what. Trust me.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

I'd say if your over 200, your probably pretty fat. Naturally, it all depends on your body structure, what's fat for my structure, might be normal for another's. Man boobs are a clear sign...a very large belly, more than one chin, need I go on?

Newbie Zippy the Wonder Penguin may be famous one day Zippy the Wonder Penguin may be famous one day Zippy the Wonder Penguin's Avatar
    Thanks

See...I agree with Hound. Build:Height:Weight ratio is important. I'm 6'1" and used to weight 240 lbs (About 2 meters and 110 kilos to those using metric). Now I weight 180lbs (about 80 kilos), but even then, people didn't think I was "fat".
    Last edited by Zippy the Wonder Penguin; Jun 13, 2006 at 08:27 AM.
    - Iacta alea est - "The Die are Cast" - Ceasar, upon crossing the Rubicon -

Otaku pigtaru may be famous one day pigtaru may be famous one day pigtaru's Avatar
    Thanks

There should be no reason to jiggle during a run...

o~Piggy-san~o

Newbie Zippy the Wonder Penguin may be famous one day Zippy the Wonder Penguin may be famous one day Zippy the Wonder Penguin's Avatar
    Thanks

That is much agreed. Jello jiggles...not people. *shudder*
    - Iacta alea est - "The Die are Cast" - Ceasar, upon crossing the Rubicon -

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast