Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How strong is your FAITH?

Otaku pigtaru may be famous one day pigtaru may be famous one day pigtaru's Avatar
    Thanks

How strong is your FAITH?

Ok, I've only been on AO for a short while now, actively at least, and I've seen that alot of messages here relate to God and religions of all sorts, mostly Christianity. Born Catholic, I've always been very dedicated until Highschool, where science came in and shook my faith. I've gone from going to church every sunday to skipping it and only believing in a divine being everyone calls God, regardless of what religion it is. I no longer believe that he can hear our prayers and such.

So my question to you all is, how do you believe so strongly in something just based on your faith alone? Don't the facts matter to you? Any crazy miracles or signs happened to you to make you feel so strongly?

o~Piggy-san~o

Otaku cerebrum has disabled reputation cerebrum's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: How strong is your FAITH?

nah I don't believe in GOd. But yeah I can relate in a way. I use to believe in GOD and I too was massively influenced by the works of science. I gave up on GOD because I finally realised how unrealistic and pathetic it was to believe we r controlled by a superior being.
    No disrespect 2 anyone who believes in god of course.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=30454&dateline=115992  8199
Your Current Signature Picture
    Sig courtesy goes to : Sazuka. [Sig team]

Otaku pigtaru may be famous one day pigtaru may be famous one day pigtaru's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cerebrum
    nah I don't believe in GOd. But yeah I can relate in a way. I use to believe in GOD and I too was massively influenced by the works of science. I gave up on GOD because I finally realised how unrealistic and pathetic it was to believe we r controlled by a superior being.
    No disrespect 2 anyone who believes in god of course.
    That's how i kinda feel sometimes. It's sad to say, but fear leads me back to God all the time. Especially when something bad happens....also, there is that question of, Who/What caused the "Big Bang"? Something or someone had to have been responsible for the gift of life....

o~Piggy-san~o

Otaku cerebrum has disabled reputation cerebrum's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah.... it is confusing. Theres so many unexplained questions that led me 2 believe in the supernatural or GOD at times.
    In a way I envy ppl who r religious and who believe in faith. They hav more of a comfort 4 life knowing that GOD is watching over them or that everything in life happens 4 a reason. Sadly 4 me I just believe that when u die u just die.... I really dont go 4 the whole heaven and hell thing.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=30454&dateline=115992  8199
Your Current Signature Picture
    Sig courtesy goes to : Sazuka. [Sig team]

Thanks

Yeah.... it is confusing. Theres so many unexplained questions that led me 2 believe in the supernatural or GOD at times.
    In a way I envy ppl who r religious and who believe in faith. They hav more of a comfort 4 life knowing that GOD is watching over them or that everything in life happens 4 a reason. Sadly 4 me I just believe that when u die u just die.... I really dont go 4 the whole heaven and hell thing.
    HAHA, yeah, me too, hopefully we can get some hardcore perspectives of someone who has that HARDCORE FAITH TO THE MAX. I would love to hear or read what they think about or not think about when they just choose to believe with all their heart.

o~Piggy-san~o

Newbie Hiko may be famous one day Hiko may be famous one day Hiko's Avatar
    Thanks

It's very hard for me to bilieve in God, but I do not deny him because I do not know if he does or does not exist. In my opinion, it's just a question of common sense and not faith.

I used to go to church and prayed when I needed help ONLY, then I realised that God won't grant you any wish. He's only there for supporting your moral (I guess that's what we call hope).

And there's always the question God or Big Bang...and that's why one of my favorite quotes is: "At some point, something must have come from nothing..."

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pigtaru
    Don't the facts matter to you?
    Facts? What facts? Do you really think that all science teaches is a collection of facts? The existence of the The Divine God is a fact to me. Unlike other scientific experiments, we cannot do tests or any other sorts of stuff to show The Divine God to people. The senses that we are gifted with cannot see everything. Faith is transcendental, it tells us what the senses cannot. Human mind/senses are limited.
    I gave up on GOD because I finally realised how unrealistic and pathetic it was to believe we r controlled by a superior being.
    Big words. If you think, all that you see, hear, taste, touch, and smell are the only things that are real, and the rest of the others are unreal, then, it goes to prove again that our human mind is still under way for astonishing growth. Our naked eyes cannot even see bacteria, so how can one see that easily a Being, who is the substratum of all that is visible and invisible? Yet again, human eyes are partially blinded.
    Science is limited. It cannot answer all things. It’s that simple.

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks

I do believe in God, but I mainly gave up on begin so religious because as I looked around me and around the world, religion has been used too many times as a cause to harm and kill people just because they cannot accept your beliefs, to me, it just seems pointless to get all bent out of shape over god. Religion and god have caused too many problems so why should I need something that causes more harm than good, to me at least.

To put it simply, god and religion causes more problems than it solves.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast