Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How strong is your FAITH?

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: How strong is your FAITH?

Quote Originally Posted by KnightofNi
    To put it simply, god and religion causes more problems than it solves.
    I understand what you meant. But, I don't think that the underlying problem is God nor is religion in most ways. It's the people, who bring misery and harm to themselves. Some are just too lost in their own mind that they cannot decipher the simplest truth: God is one. We are the causes of our own demise, no other. Anyway! I do see what you meant, KnightofNi. Some people, who fight over religions, are in need of some growth. ^_^

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Faith? What faith? I just go along in life believing in whats right to me. Believing in yourself is the first thing that you should have to do before you start believing in others...
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Otaku mixed fighter girl may be famous one day mixed fighter girl may be famous one day mixed fighter girl's Avatar
    Thanks

Wink Re: How strong is your FAITH?

well i rather die knowing there is God and find out there is isn't than dieing not beliveing in God and find out there is. I know what i belive and i know there is a God and his son died for me.you should think about it some more.

Otaku pigtaru may be famous one day pigtaru may be famous one day pigtaru's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kedar
    Facts? What facts? Do you really think that all science teaches is a collection of facts? The existence of the The Divine God is a fact to me. Unlike other scientific experiments, we cannot do tests or any other sorts of stuff to show The Divine God to people. The senses that we are gifted with cannot see everything. Faith is transcendental, it tells us what the senses cannot. Human mind/senses are limited.

Science is limited. It cannot answer all things. It’s that simple.
    Fact-a concept whose truth can be proved. According to dictionary. I just want to know how you know that this God Exists??? And yes, of course, I agree science is limited and cannot answer all questions, but I'm sure in time it will grow to be able to answer more questions about our creation and the "divine" if he/she exists.

How can you ask others to believe in something that has never been seen? Proven? Keep in mind, I do believe in a Creator, just curious where u get your faith is my question.
    -----------------------------Double Post Merge---------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by mixed fighter girl
    well i rather die knowing there is God and find out there is isn't than dieing not beliveing in God and find out there is. I know what i belive and i know there is a God and his son died for me.you should think about it some more.
    How do you know???

And if i did die not believing there was a God, and find out there is one, I would be like... I guess Kedar was right, haha. It wouldn't be anything bad, because supposedly, God has Maximum forgiveness skill +10.
    Last edited by pigtaru; Apr 20, 2006 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

o~Piggy-san~o

AO shady bystander Comboling Champion bassdudez may be famous one day bassdudez may be famous one day bassdudez's Avatar
    Thanks

I ask the same question myself....... Im sure everyone does.

And like you, my faith is also a bit shaken.........

But faith is just faith. People believe just because........ they do. No facts can be shown....... heck, if they did have facts, it would exceed all human understanding, as kedar so put it.

And of course, there is always the Bible to turn to. In a way, I think the Bible is already fact enough for some......... after all, many other characters in our history are only proved by written facts. And how can we believe in them, but not in God?
    Kastelic's creation

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

How strong is my faith?
    Well, that itself is questionable when one looks at me or listens to me really...
    My debates against fellow Christians make them question their own faith.
    So shouldn't that say I'm an agnostic at least?

No.

We merely say what we think we know.
    We know there's a Nirvana.
    We know there's a Heaven.
    We know there's a Valhala.
    We know there are 10,000 hells.
    We know there's no afterlife.
    We know there's no gods.
    We know there's nothing special about life.
    We know this isn't the real life.
    We know this life will end very soon.

We say all those things... wouldn't that mean that for something to be true, we must believe it to be true? But then what would happen to the one who questioned their own faith? Would that not be a strong faith? Would they not believe in it at all eventually?

"If there's doubt, throw it out" Is something most people have heard.

... afterall, Descartes did that himself and found "Cogito ergo sum" / "I think therefore I am" ... and those who tried to debate against that found themselves losing on every turn because they couldn't beat something they could not well-know describe.

Anyways...

My faith is strong. And more than rock hard.
    What proof is there?
    Well, I could say that to every piece of reality, now can't I?
    How do we know this ground is really there?
    How do we know our senses are really real?
    How do we know that our proof is proof?
    In another dimension, if one existed, the ground is actually the air... now how do you explain that?

How can we humans... flawed no matter how we look at it (unless if taking into account that even flaws are perfect) ... be ever correct about anything we assume?

If nothing can be proven? How are we sure?

That's why it is called F. A. I. T. H.

A belief in what is true, despite the fact of other facts. A concrete foundation that does not need explanation, correct?

But that seems wrong, does it not?

Well, what may seem wrong to you, may be perfectly reasonable to a person who's been a skeptic for 40 years of her life and never found any means to that way of life.

If you don't believe in life, die now. All your unsurities will end, will it not?
    "If you fear death, die now. You will never have to die again." is the quote I was inspired by in a jisei I read 1&2/3 years ago.

Life is life. Death is death.
    Religion is religion.
    Why would you consider faith as a waste of time when your life has no meaning... and in that way: Your life is a waste of time in existance.

I may question my faith, but not in an unsure passion... more of a "to understand everything, all, anything, and nothing in every perspective given"...
    Also, to answer the questions that loving, weak-hearted Christians need...

One way to find answers is to destroy answers, eventually destroying the question.
    ... there are many who call themselves Christians and make the Christian faith a joke of a religion! ... during my early years, I found that a complete offense, and destroyed the ridiculous, annoying, blasphemous, ingorant Christians by asking enough questions to drop their faith.

"Think twice to do an action. Think infinitely to keep it.
    Think not once, and find Nirvana."

^_^ ... but I tend to keep battling these foolish-hearted Christians, so to keep safe those who usually-inevitably destroy their lives after their faith is destroyed by "reality".

And that is how my faith works.

Strong and hard, yet flexible... something that cannot be destroyed by any means.

Afterall, I always proved wrong those who had a great means of trying to destroy faith.
    And ignored the idiots who tried proving me wrong with the most idiotic questions that really didn't make sense when compared to a Christian-basis of life.

... *cough* That's all.

Otaku AniManga Hound may be famous one day AniManga Hound may be famous one day AniManga Hound's Avatar
    Thanks

I say man created faith and religion to get out of having to answer difficult questions. Also to formulate an outlook on life and death that isn't so bleak.

Why are we here on earth? Why do we, or anything exist? Christians say that we're here because God put us here, and that he has some great plan that our existence helps carry out. The Christian religion helps reinforce the existence of God using the various stories in the bible of God and Jesus's doings--their 'miracles'.

Faith is the all important buffer, separating the scientific formula and religion. No science can prove the existence of God, you just have to have faith.

And just like that, people blindly follow their faith and their religion, like moths do a bright light. Unimaginative people will believe in anything as long as it answer the big questions, and gives them an optimistic outlook on death.

Honestly there is no way to prove the existence of a God or Gods. All man can do is put faith into some idea about life and death, and the forces of the universe. That's all religion is. It's just an idea that spread, and became a 'false fact' once the masses began to follow blindly.

But then, the counter argument or debate; there is no way to disprove the existence of a God or Gods either.

At this point, I'm dumbfounded as to why not everyone realizes, "Hey, that's it. Agnosticism!"

I'm also perplexed as to why agnosticism is considered a religion, and not fact. Most agree that there is no way to prove or disprove the existence of God or Gods, Christian, Jews, other religions, and atheists alike. Well, let me show you what I mean.

I go up to my Christian friend, and I ask him,
    "You believe in God, right?"
    "Yeah."
    "But would you agree that there is no way to actually prove that he exists be scientific means?"
    "No!"
    "Okay, then prove that he exists."
    "*silence* Nevermind. I agree."

Then I go to my Atheist friend.
    "Would you agree that there is no way to ACTUALLY disprove the existence of god by way of scientific means?"
    "No way! There's definitely no God."
    "Really? Okay, then can you prove it?"
    "*insert question dodge* *insert question dodge* Okay, I can't."

Unless you're a real mental case, you should be able to use your rtional, logical mind to determine, whether you are christian, or atheist, or something else, that there is no way to prove or disprove the existence of God. Because there isn't.

That's why I've always wondered why agnosticism isn't considered a fact, because it basically is one.

I created my whole spiritual world/physical world/reincarnation scenario, not for belief, but mostly for literary/time passing purposes.

Any questions/comments?

Keep eating so many dogs and you're bound to be Communist

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Indeed, that's what people say several times.
    I won't disagree from an outward or inward standpoint.

To believe there's something more, people often "create a God" whether Christian or Atheist. A meaning in life. Even Christians make a "false God"... often believing "God is this" and "God is that" when they really have no means to be able to say that they know God in His entirety.

I will not argue against your statement for the sole factor of this: I cannot debate when we are not on equal terms or understanding.

Our debates will differ from each other.
    As you believe that God is a creation of man.
    And mine: Everything is a creation of man, but man is a creation of everything. If God exists, God is God. Etc...

Instead, we'll only shoot out points into mid-air, and none of them will collide with one another. And neither will we wish for any of them to collide, rather, only to be heard.

No questions. Only comments.
    No arguments. Only a handshake.

But I suppose in that factor, you would consider your "faith" to be strong because there would probably be no use of faith in your manner.

Except for the fact that you might need faith in "believing there is no assurance that God exists" or in "what I believe is reasonably correct" or even in "what I am saying can be taught/has been taught" and even in my favorite "those who you are speaking to are actually really existing"...

^_^ So faith would be needed in everything... even in black & white situations.

And if you don't believe it's needed, then that would mean, in my terms, your faith is 100% concrete.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast