+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: How the US handles the topic of race

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: How the US handles the topic of race

In politics, race isnt a immediate issue until someone decides to make it one.then it turns into a huge sh_t storm. racist this, and politically correct that. than it's just better if you dont speak. then people like those racist reverends screaming about race issues that make no sense, and we could all do without. the US destroys and blows up ideas about it, and it's just a mess.
    why cant we all just get along?

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

If there is one thing I noticed while I was in America. It was how much people actually use racist comments. I mean even my boyfriends sister-in-law would say something like "wow that's white stuff right there" something like that. There are lines between what race can benefit more from aspects in life. Even when there was a female fight outside on the street, my boyfriend was worried about me watching because I was white and I might get caught up in all.

In honest opinion about living in America - Sorry but hell no, I won't fit in all, and I don't even want to try to either. If people are always going to make snide remarks just because I am white British female living in America, then I would rather not bother even trying with all the hassle and mental problems it will give me. I would rather live here in England, where I know I won't get people from other races trying to patronise me just so they can say I was the one being racist. At least here in England, I know where I stand and how things work without getting people commenting on my accent, taking the mickey out of it and then commenting on how white people are up themselves.

Here in England, you don't very often see a coloured person complain about being going to a school where white people are more dominant. There isn't any limits as to what race you are to get more benefits or even when out looking for a job. They are all equal as every one else. Of course, there might be some form of bullying, but most of the time, its just popular kids hounding the geeky kids because they want to look tough.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Otaku mere is off to a good start mere's Avatar
    Thanks

Well you see from what i have heard people liveing in the US they are tolerent sure but they don't seem to be without racesisum. Im sure there is some accceptance there but not much i persume...i really am not positive how it is there...but it's kinda different here..in Canada

well here we accept everyone it is a diverse country and we don't useually use racisum... with the exception of the acasional joke...of curse but it's not as if we truely believe them anyways...

the only discrimination i have heard was the fear of the violence regarding places people have visited in the united states...people clam that they never want to go back to Detroit again once they go there for a hocky game or something..i could describe what they have said but if it isn't infact true i don't feel a need of exploideing the inhabitants that live there...but it does make me suspect that it is very different there predudice wise..i mean...hm.....

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sazzy View Post
    If there is one thing I noticed while I was in America. It was how much people actually use racist comments. I mean even my boyfriends sister-in-law would say something like "wow that's white stuff right there" something like that. There are lines between what race can benefit more from aspects in life. Even when there was a female fight outside on the street, my boyfriend was worried about me watching because I was white and I might get caught up in all.

In honest opinion about living in America - Sorry but hell no, I won't fit in all, and I don't even want to try to either. If people are always going to make snide remarks just because I am white British female living in America, then I would rather not bother even trying with all the hassle and mental problems it will give me. I would rather live here in England, where I know I won't get people from other races trying to patronise me just so they can say I was the one being racist. At least here in England, I know where I stand and how things work without getting people commenting on my accent, taking the mickey out of it and then commenting on how white people are up themselves.

Here in England, you don't very often see a coloured person complain about being going to a school where white people are more dominant. There isn't any limits as to what race you are to get more benefits or even when out looking for a job. They are all equal as every one else. Of course, there might be some form of bullying, but most of the time, its just popular kids hounding the geeky kids because they want to look tough.
    Racism in America is taught and retaught through the generations, be it white or black, it doesn' matter. It's a cycle that dates back ta 'fore the Civil War in America and some ppl here choose ta repeat history rather than learn from it. I think that it's absolutely ridiculous, we're the only ones who could break that cycle, but unfortunately, we have ta choose ta break it. It also doesn' help that the media continues ta fan the flames of racial disharmony, so we can' put the blame all on the ppl. Whenever the news does it's reportings and resorts ta some polls, or somethin' ta that effect, they're always separatin' what America thinks or feels inta separate racial camps. They r always discussin' what "White Americans" think compared ta "Black Americans" and they almost always make some sort of "jib" 'bout the opinions and behaviors of each of the ethinicities of our country. The media isn' stupid, they know what they're doin'; but all they care 'bout is ratings and if playin' the different diverse groups here against one another will generate those ratings, then they don' care 'bout any consequences. Yet it's our fault, 'cause we tune in ta c the news and don' make any complaints ta the media when they pull garbage like that. And this is why the cycle of racism continues in our country and will continue 'til America "wakes up." End of rant, sry 'bout that.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

Closest thing I usually see to racism is a joke about how the Poms invented Cricket & still loose to us , or some drunk making a nuisance of them self & insulting their people, not mentioning their race cause I'm not racist.

Like I said earlier, We get along pretty well down here...

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    Our country seems to take a policy of "tolerance" instead of acceptance. Instead of celebrating and accepting the existence of different ethnicities, race, nationalities, there is a lot of pretending to be color blind. I feel this is the case. Take our media for example, a lot of them are really sensitive and hesitant when it comes to talking about race.
    Much agreed. Everyone just puts on this front when it comes to dealing with the topic of race. I just moved from North Minneapolis (which is about as hood as it gets in Minnesota), to Burnsville (which is the total "American Dream" stereotypical neighborhood). When I talk to white people, they look at me like they've never seen a mixed kid before. Sometimes, they're pretty hesitant to talk to me--save the people who live in my part of the city. Hell, I have to deal with black people wearing "kid gloves". I get the exact same treatment...

Then you got the people who assume that EVERY Asian in America kicks ass in math, the people who think that EVERY Mexican is an illegal immigrant. But nobody says anything until the closet door is shut. They can tolerate a certain race for a specific amount of time, but acceptance is hardly ever even a factor in the equation we call American society.

Quote Originally Posted by Legend}[COLOR="yellow"
    Everyone has to choose their words wisely in order to make sure they don't offend anyone[/COLOR].
    That's why I don't choose words at all. I just let it fly, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    Ok, not to offend anyone on the forum, I'm going to speak practicly here.

Alot of the stereo types that are associated with race, quite frankly, have very solid basis in fact. I see this everyday at my job (I'm a High Speed Internet tech support agent for Comcast Cable Systems). The biggest of which, I'm sad to say is "American's are lazy", but thats off topic, and a rant for another day.

Here's a prime example: "African Americans who live in the "Ghetto" are stupid and use alot of drugs"

Alot of people who do live in those area's more then likely don't, but I'm here to tell you that There are alot of them who do. I'd need an extra pair of hands to count how many calls I've taken from someone who was stoned in the last two weeks. When you can't figure out the difference between a phone cable and an ethernet cable when its explained as "One is bigger then the other", then there's some issues that need sorting out.

I do have to say that there is a problem of racisim in the States, and in the majority of the rest of the world, all I'm saying is that I can understand how someone can be racist when almost every stereotype can readily be narrowed down, quite easily too, to a basis in fact.
    DAMN, you took the words out of my mouth!!! Yes, I'm gonna contradict myself a bit...

You can't fight racism if you're helping make a stereotype fact. When I moved to Burnsville and found there are still people tryin' to be hood out here, I was shocked and half-way appauled. BUT, not every black person is like that. Especially in the inner cities. I should know. I'm one of the few out of thousands who didn't follow the crowd, help the stereotype, or in laymans terms; "become a lazy, drunk, stoned nigga." I do smoke though, but I'm responsible. ^_^

My point is: If I can be black (well, half-way there) and not fall in to that trap, become a stereotypical posterboy; why is it so hard for everyone else to just say, "I'm not gonna be that guy, because I know white people already think I am that guy,"???

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mage View Post
    I haveta disagree wit u on 1 thing, Legend, the media isn' as sensitive 'bout race as u have been lead ta believe. The media puts on a "face," so ta speak, and pretends ta b sensitive, but if u pay close attention; the media does alot of things that stirs the "racial" pot, if u catch my drift. For example, when it comes ta important issues concernin' our country, Why is it that the media has ta do separate polls for each race instead of doin' one of the country as a whole? Why is it that the media has ta separate what each race thinks 'bout concernin' the important issues in this country? For example, Why does the media haveta say that African-Americans prefer Barrack Obama, while White-American women prefer Hillary Clinton, etc.? When it concerns these issues, The media is very sneaky and subtle. By playin' the diversity of this country against one another the media generates ratings. The media sensitive? As sensitive as a rhino chargin' a truck, but as subtle 'bout it as a panther stalkin' its prey.
    Anyone in the media gets my props!! They're some of the slickest bastards in the country. They could be talkin' about anyone! Barrack Obama, me, some cat in jail... It doesn't matter. When the segment's over, there's at least one guy in the room that says, "Did he/she call that guy/girl a nigger, or was I just trippin'?" Or, "I swear the anchorman just called all his viewers stupid!" Ask my brother! LOL. I mean, the fact that the media is trippin' about Barrack not touchin' the whole race subject is racism already. Because a black guy doesn't care that his blackness may cost him cool points, or because he thinks that race doesn't matter, he's gotta have a pocket full of haters where ever he goes?? Pshaw!!! Racism in a cup! Cooks in 3 minutes! (Maruchan. Mmm, mmm...)

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

I think it's more diverse in Europe than America when it comes to accepting a different culture and race. Americans are always going to be racist, prejudice, etc, etc, just as the rest of the world is. It's never going to end. I'm not saying there aren't prejudice/biased individuals in Europe, I'm just saying they're more open with it and more accepting, as opposed to the U.S. who's putting up a front saying they accept this and accept that when it's absolute bullsh!t.

Fallen Angel PhoenixSara may be famous one day PhoenixSara's Avatar
    I am in between Heaven's Gate and Hell.Angels are not supposed to fall but i did.
    Thanks

I wouldn't say out right racism but there are still some cities where discrimination is big i mean i am in the out sourcing industry and well have been travelling a bit. i can say that there are still those who belive or think that just because you are not white you are not as intellegent as they are considering there is not such thing as a pure race now a days and a lot of people a members fo the melting pot so to speak. I am still surprised and still get upset at some comments though i know it should be just considered ignorance and illiteracy.
    "In your arms is where i will be, I love you till my forever ends."
    Clan Rainstorm 2nd Company, Kunoichi Leader
    PhoenixSara FB / Click Me IMVU/Atlantis RPG/Rules and FAQ/MY BLOG /

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast