+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: How the US handles the topic of race

AO Animator mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: How the US handles the topic of race

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    Ok, not to offend anyone on the forum, I'm going to speak practicly here.

Alot of the stereo types that are associated with race, quite frankly, have very solid basis in fact. I see this everyday at my job (I'm a High Speed Internet tech support agent for Comcast Cable Systems). The biggest of which, I'm sad to say is "American's are lazy", but thats off topic, and a rant for another day.

Here's a prime example: "African Americans who live in the "Ghetto" are stupid and use alot of drugs"

Alot of people who do live in those area's more then likely don't, but I'm here to tell you that There are alot of them who do. I'd need an extra pair of hands to count how many calls I've taken from someone who was stoned in the last two weeks. When you can't figure out the difference between a phone cable and an ethernet cable when its explained as "One is bigger then the other", then there's some issues that need sorting out.

I do have to say that there is a problem of racisim in the States, and in the majority of the rest of the world, all I'm saying is that I can understand how someone can be racist when almost every stereotype can readily be narrowed down, quite easily too, to a basis in fact.

No, that has nothing to do with race. That has to do with the social conditions those people go through. Anyone of any race will be ignorant and prone to drug use living in a poor neighborhood.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mellow maromi View Post
    No, that has nothing to do with race. That has to do with the social conditions those people go through. Anyone of any race will be ignorant and prone to drug use living in a poor neighborhood.
    Untrue.

I know plenty of people who've lived in the same neighborhood for YEARS and have never done drugs, never drank, some still haven't had sex yet--THEY'RE MY AGE!! Most I grew up with in school or church, some I've met from moving to different parts of the hood through out my life.

Either way, you can't say that it's solely the social conditions alone. A lot of people of the same race often stick together, they often create stereotypes--not only for others--but for themselves by acting in ways that they think makes them different from other races. Be you Asian, Black, White, or Latino it's all the same.

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

i really do not have a strong opinion here, but i think Mitch Hedberg put it best when he said...

"I heard some one say once, 'I don;t care if you're black, white, green, or purple.' Green or purple? Come on man, you gotta draw a line somewhere! To hell with purple people! Unless it's a guy that;s choking."
    Why hello there!

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

I must admit, that's a good one. Then again there aren't too many purple people, the One Eyed, One Horned Flying Purple People Eaters keep getting them...

Oh man, I can't believe that just came into my head...

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LordCastigator View Post
    I must admit, that's a good one. Then again there aren't too many purple people, the One Eyed, One Horned Flying Purple People Eaters keep getting them...

Oh man, I can't believe that just came into my head...

LOL, is that why the Minnesota Vikings have been suckin' so bad lately? Damn those Purple People Eaters!! And to hell with Green people! They're unclean, LMAO!

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    LOL, is that why the Minnesota Vikings have been suckin' so bad lately? Damn those Purple People Eaters!! And to hell with Green people! They're unclean, LMAO!
    to hell with green people! unless it's bruce banner. then you're pretty much fu*ked.
    Why hello there!

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDeath90 View Post
    to hell with green people! unless it's bruce banner. then you're pretty much fu*ked.
    Please do not mock the Angry Green Giant, he'll smash u. lol. And Yes Mellow, social conditions do play a part in the sterotypin' of a particular race, but that's only a piece of the puzzle. Children often learn such sterotypin' from parents, family, and others that they encounter. However it is also as Atomik and Aceman have said, they could rise above such sterotypin' but often choose not ta. As I have stated 'fore, My dad is a prime example of risin' above such sterotypin'. Despite bein' raised in a family of sterotypes, and bein' one of those sterotypes 'til he met my mom, my dad had escaped that trap. However there r those who choose not ta and it is these types that Aceman and Atomik r talkin' 'bout.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Newbie Toobrebyday is off to a good start
    Thanks

tani transport

Have you seen this?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast