+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: HPV Vaccine required?

Otaku MistressMorgan may be famous one day MistressMorgan may be famous one day MistressMorgan's Avatar
    Im not sure but someone get me out of here!
    Thanks

Re: HPV Vaccine required?

Quote Originally Posted by sangogirl View Post
    The age of the vaccine seems a little young but at the same time there are a lot of parents out there who don't really care about their kids health so maybe this will help with getting parents give it to the kids. Also if it mandatory it makes it easier for people to get help to pay for the shot.
    Also i agree with a earlier post stop the war on iraq and use that money to help us here.
    I think the goal is to give it to them before they become sexually active.

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: HPV Vaccine required?

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post

If you were to give a child (the key word here is CHILD) a vaccine to a virus thats spread by the act of sex, then that kid--with his/her knowledge of sex and whatnot--will automatically assume that it's okay to start having sex in the sixth grade. It's bad enough we have boatloads of 14-16 year old teens getting pregenant and having kids, not to mention the fact that most teen dads don't do anything for thier kids until it's too late.

I don't agree with giving kids vaccines for STD's. It's like giving my three year old sister a condom and saying, "Go for it, kid. Have fun."
    The reason that the recommended age for starting the vaccine is 9-11 years old is because it's more effective at that age, and most girls at that age have not had sex, so chances are that they haven't already been infected by HPV.

If you really think kids will figure it's okay to start having sex with anyone and everyone just because they've been vaccinated against HPV, maybe you should remind them that AIDS, Hepatitis B, chlamydia, gonorrhea, herpes, syphilis, etc. are all spread by sexual contact. Besides, when teens become sexually active, they're more worried about unwanted pregnancies that STDs. I don't know if the HPV vaccine should be mandatory, but I do think that its opponents should come up with a better argument than "it'll make kids want to have sex".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2