View Poll Results: Do you think human cloning should be done?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it definitely should.

3 10.34%
  • Yes, but they should try to figure out more humane ways.

10 34.48%
  • No , it is outrageous.

5 17.24%
  • No, no , no

11 37.93%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Human Cloning

Otaku bloodymoonreaper may be famous one day bloodymoonreaper may be famous one day bloodymoonreaper's Avatar
    Thanks

Human Cloning

I was issued to do a research paper about human cloning about a couple of weeks ago and I found lots of pros and cons. Some pros would be that the clones could be used as a way to obtain body parts and organs that the original might need. They would also be experimented on and they would have seperate rights. Some cons were that they would develop new diseases and cause alot of contraversy. Clonaid, a company that specializes in human cloning, has gone as far as trying to seperate memories so the clone may be as close to the original as possible. I don't really like the idea that clones won't be considered original humans. I don't like that they are thinking like slaying them like cattle to get what they need. Even though human cloning may have alot of medical breakthroughs , it is tampering with what should not be tampered with. What do you think about human cloning?

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Human Cloning

I don't think human cloning should be practiced. We can make spare organs without creating an entire body litteraly growing them in jars (I've seen several vidoes on it in my Biology class) so there really is no reason to create clones. However the one exception I would be willing to make is using geneticly altered clones as soldiers to increase our military power.
    Last edited by Exoparadapsyphobia; May 10, 2006 at 09:32 AM.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

Otaku bloodymoonreaper may be famous one day bloodymoonreaper may be famous one day bloodymoonreaper's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes , you could use genetically altered soldiers for military power, but that would cause alot of contraversy. I don't think the regular people will be pleased that there is a superior breed of humans . It would be like Hitler trying to make his superior race ,the Arians. The normal people won't like it very much ,even for military power. I don't think I would like it to much to be considered subhuman.

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think the people would mind much after their family and friends are blown up in Hum-Vs in Iraq. Besides we could make the cloned soldiers way more effective in combat if they are trained at a young age, making for much less casualties (on our side atleast) and perhaps even intimidating other nations into peace before conflict ever broke out. That would be the real victory.

"Attaining 100 victories in 100 battles is not the pinacle of excellence. Subjagating the enemies army without fighting is." - The Art Of War.
    Last edited by Exoparadapsyphobia; May 10, 2006 at 03:35 PM.

Thanks

Human clones are people too. They should not be considered any different. If they blow up that genetically altered clone , it would be like blowing up a family member or friend twice. That can get pretty traumatic for people.

Newbie whitefoxdemon may be famous one day whitefoxdemon may be famous one day whitefoxdemon's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes, I agree that genetically altered humans would cause alot of civil unrest. Soon it would be like two separate groups of humans and it could result in war. for example the anime Gundam where there were the genetically altered humans called coordinators and the regular humans and they had a big war to be independent of the regular humans. But I'm for cloning. What if a parent happen to lose a child at an early age. Then they could clone them and that would save some of the parents grief. there are lots of pros and cons.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Exopsyphobia
    I don't think human cloning should be practiced. We can make spare organs without creating an entire body litteraly growing them in jars (I've seen several vidoes on it in my Biology class) so there really is no reason to create clones. However the one exception I would be willing to make is using geneticly altered clones as soldiers to increase our military power.
    You dont need cloning for that. Genetic engineering will do the same thing. Parents with good genes and a little manipulation of the sperms and eggs will make a good soldier.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kastelic4444
    You dont need cloning for that. Genetic engineering will do the same thing. Parents with good genes and a little manipulation of the sperms and eggs will make a good soldier.
    But would the parents agree to have their child taken away from them at a young age for training? I think not. But with a clone it would hardly matter, plus making cloned super soldiers might never have to go public if it was ever done avoiding civil unrest. For all we know it could be happening right now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast